All things horse racing

Remove this Banner Ad

I expected a defence of the corrupt industry.
What you are basically saying is “cheating/corruption in this industry is expected, and excused if you are lucky enough to fluke knowing who has the fix in”.
For the rest of the punters, bad luck.
And as the Melbourne Cup is the biggest mum and dad betting spree of the year, that’s a lot of bad luck for those not in the know.
I suppose the most disappointing thing about your reply Saintly, is the fact that your only defence is to try and blame the corruption/cheating in your sport can be mitigated by the same in other sports.
You would have earned some respect had you owned it and actually stated you were dissapointed and condemn these actions. But you didn’t. In fact you defended the actions.
Dissapointing, but over this whole thread/conversation, not surprising.
Boring

Memo: somebody should realise I’m not going to engage in discussion with fanatical types who are only interested in parading their “superiority.”

Life is too short.

Memo: somebody should realise I’m not going to engage in discussion with fanatical types who are only interested in parading their “superiority.”

Life is too short.
Fair enough Saintly.
To your credit, you weren’t the one, of many, who tried to derail the thread with cats and vegetarianism.
Though I note not one of those posters are here to defend the cheating that has been revealed today.
I’m very, very, happy that I’ve called this issue in this thread before today’s revelation.
Feeling very smug right now.

Fair enough Saintly.
To your credit, you weren’t the one, of many, who tried to derail the thread with cats and vegetarianism.
Though I note not one of those posters are here to defend the cheating that has been revealed today.
I’m very, very, happy that I’ve called this issue in this thread before today’s revelation.
Feeling very smug right now.
You have changed your tune from cruelty to corruption.
I will defend the cruelty to the hilt because the racing industry is not cruel, in fact if you actually read the facts you will realise that racing saves thoroughbreds rather than harms them.
As for Corruption. as much as I love horse racing, the whole industry is run by morons and they make inept decisions all the time. This doesn't surprise me at all, where there is money there is corruption but its totally out of control now and the industry just gurns a blind eye to it. I have almost fallen out of love with it, its all about money now not about the horse.

I will defend the cruelty to the hilt because the racing industry is not cruel, in fact if you actually read the facts you will realise that racing saves thoroughbreds rather than harms them.
As for Corruption. as much as I love horse racing, the whole industry is run by morons and they make inept decisions all the time. This doesn't surprise me at all, where there is money there is corruption but its totally out of control now and the industry just gurns a blind eye to it. I have almost fallen out of love with it, its all about money now not about the horse.
Cruelty exists in the racing industry.
I’m happy you have the blinkers on, at least in that state you can sleep at night.
If you care to do a cursory search, you would know this is a truth.
As for corruption. I don’t have to make the case. It’s being made by those who would make cruelty, oh my are the two connected, upon the horses by doping them and denying those who bet but once a yeafrom a fair contest.
Neither you, nor Saintly, seem able to explain or defend the revelations of today.
Not surprised, those who THINK they can, or are, able to beat the system will defend it to the hilt.

I’m happy you have the blinkers on, at least in that state you can sleep at night.
As for corruption. I don’t have to make the case. It’s being made by those who would make cruelty, oh my are the two connected, upon the horses by doping them and denying those who bet but once a yeafrom a fair contest.
Neither you, nor Saintly, seem able to explain or defend the revelations of today.
Not surprised, those who THINK they can, or are, able to beat the system will defend it to the hilt.
I never defended it, its a disgrace
But you are still wrong on cruelty

What sort of person in their right mind would try and defend these allegations? It's disgusting behavior.

How does racing save thoroughbreds?

Is it like how the greyhound industry saves greyhounds?

How does racing save thoroughbreds?

Is it like how the greyhound industry saves greyhounds?
if there was no Racing there would be no thoroughbreds
they are bred for racing pure and simple
as for cruelty, horses are beautiful but dumb fragile animals. they hurt themselves way more in paddocks way more than on a racetrack. At least on a racetrack there are vets all over the place checking them.

if there was no Racing there would be no thoroughbreds
they are bred for racing pure and simple
as for cruelty, horses are beautiful but dumb fragile animals. they hurt themselves way more in paddocks way more than on a racetrack. At least on a racetrack there are vets all over the place checking them.

How come there are purebred cats and dogs then, when those animals are not used for racing?

Maybe animal lovers will continue good blood lines, without needing to gamble on them?

Last edited:
How come there are purebred cats and dogs then, when those animals are not used for racing?

Maybe animal lovers will continue good blood lines, without needing to gamble on them?
would you pay hundreds of thousands of dollars for a useless horse?
there might be a few who do it for the love.
but then you guys would arc up because someones riding them

as i said before Thoroughbreds are majestic but not very smart

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=...ome..69i57.10259j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8
way more die by accidents than on racetracks.

would you pay hundreds of thousands of dollars for a useless horse?
there might be a few who do it for the love.
but then you guys would arc up because someones riding them

as i said before Thoroughbreds are majestic but not very smart

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=...ome..69i57.10259j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8
way more die by accidents than on racetracks.

Why would it cost hundreds of thousands of dollars for a thoroughbred if they're not being raced?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why would it cost hundreds of thousands of dollars for a thoroughbred if they're not being raced?
Because if you are keeping it as a novelty it would cost a heap to maintain it
http://www.elitethoroughbreds.com.au/faq.php

If you really want to keep questioning it, go research racing and the real facts not the propaganda brought out by organisations that distort them for their own benefit like PETA. And you might say i am on horse racing side. I am not. I think jumps racing should be banned. The racing industry is run by incompetents. But the one thing they do do well is look after the horse.
I challenge you to go to any horse stable. Pick one and go, you will see.

Because if you are keeping it as a novelty it would cost a heap to maintain it
http://www.elitethoroughbreds.com.au/faq.php

If you really want to keep questioning it, go research racing and the real facts not the propaganda brought out by organisations that distort them for their own benefit like PETA. And you might say i am on horse racing side. I am not. I think jumps racing should be banned. The racing industry is run by incompetents. But the one thing they do do well is look after the horse.
I challenge you to go to any horse stable. Pick one and go, you will see.

Isn't that 40k a year only because of expensive training that would only apply to race horses?

Isn't that 40k a year only because of expensive training that would only apply to race horses?
if you think about it no. You used pure bred dogs and cats as an example. The people who keep them would keep them for showing? well i can only think that people who would keep thoroughbreds would then keep them for showing as well?
it costs a fortune to maintain a horse in that condition, they are not cheap animals.

if you think about it no. You used pure bred dogs and cats as an example. The people who keep them would keep them for showing? well i can only think that people who would keep thoroughbreds would then keep them for showing as well?
it costs a fortune to maintain a horse in that condition, they are not cheap animals.

Nonsense, the vast majority of purebreed cat/dogs are simply pets, it would be no difference for a pet horse.. you certainly wouldn't be paying 5k a month for elite horse training.

Nonsense, the vast majority of purebreed cat/dogs are simply pets, it would be no difference for a pet horse.. you certainly wouldn't be paying 5k a month for elite horse training.
horses are not pets you can keep in the suburbs... need stables, paddocks equipment. costs way more to feed .. you need to look at the big picture.

we are not going to agree. but the statement that "racing should be banned its cruel" its just not true. there are a million more consequences of banning horse racing that people don't think through. I can almost guarantee the thoroughbred breed will disappear.

horses are not pets you can keep in the suburbs... need stables, paddocks equipment. costs way more to feed .. you need to look at the big picture.

we are not going to agree. but the statement that "racing should be banned its cruel" its just not true. there are a million more consequences of banning horse racing that people don't think through. I can almost guarantee the thoroughbred breed will disappear.

Right, but it doesn't cost 40k a year for stables equipment ect right? That cost is only for elite racing horses, so you're being misleading there.

Right, but it doesn't cost 40k a year for stables equipment ect right? That cost is only for elite racing horses, so you're being misleading there.
My example would be if thoroughbred horses were only bred for showing. They would definately be $40 - $50 k to maintain a condition.
A horse let run around in the paddock still costs $15 to 20k per year, thats $400k in a lifetime. As i said they are not cheap

My example would be if thoroughbred horses were only bred for showing. They would definately be $40 - $50 k to maintain a condition.
A horse let run around in the paddock still costs $15 to 20k per year, thats $400k in a lifetime. As i said they are not cheap

Your point was thoroughbreds would die out if there's wasn't racing because they were too expensive, that's not true.

Your point was thoroughbreds would die out if there's wasn't racing because they were too expensive, that's not true.
They would to an extent, don't see the problem though.

Apparently fragile horses not being born is an issue, well bugger me.

It's tantamount to idiots who get up in arms over having a vicious breed of dog being phased out.

What you can't love another breed?

Horse racing/Greyhound is a disgusting corrupt industry & animals only for our betting/amusement.

While I'm at it, boxing is another sport that has no place in modern society, corrupt, exploitive & quite frankly sad.

They would to an extent, don't see the problem though.

Apparently fragile horses not being born is an issue, well bugger me.

It's tantamount to idiots who get up in arms over having a vicious breed of dog being phased out.

What you can't love another breed?

Horse racing/Greyhound is a disgusting corrupt industry & animals only for our betting/amusement.

While I'm at it, boxing is another sport that has no place in modern society, corrupt, exploitive & quite frankly sad.
Better chuck alcohol in too.
Just sold for money, causes misery, violence, drink driving...
:D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back