Review St Kilda v North Melbourne Rd 2 2018 Bad Friday

Remove this Banner Ad

think richo is gonna be on sen

wont be anything interesting in it though
Bet that will be illuminating.

Wr butchered the ball

Not how we want to play.

Get stuck into those muppets in public Richo.

Call them out rhe friggen overpaid sooks.

Start changing the culture.

Then resign you spud

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Well if this isn't the perfect representation of the synergy between the club and us fans...

majmun-bacio-govno.gif

**** that’s a good shot though. Underarm offspinner right on the shnozz.

Like many others at the game I was gutted at the lack of effort but more so by the apparent lack of have plan or unwillingness to execute it.

Numerous times Jake the snake was screaming at the half back line to run to position and he seemed to be the only one who knew what it supposed have plan was. They were so flat footed.

Trying to find a positive and the only one I can find is after a weakish effort last week in a win not really allowing wholesale changes, they can be done this week.

Sinclair - I'm a fan but needs to go back for touch
Longer - injured? Struggled to get to contests even before being hit in the nads. Bring in a competitor.
Long - like him but we need leadership on the half forward, go back for confidence.
Clark - he has a bright future, let him get his feet for a couple of games in the twos.

Bring in.

Dunstan - Clearances are needed. He needs to be in the guts.
Weller - as mentioned above leadership is needed. He can provide that across the half forward line along with hardness and pressure.
Marshall for an injured Longer? Or Hickey?
Coffield - apparently he does leadership beyond his years and if showing form should be given a run.

Deplorable as it was we are only two games in. The boys have the entire season to show it was an aberration. My concern is Richo doesn't seem to have a real game plan. If not Adelaide will kill us next week.

Very dissappointing, but anybody who didn't expect a game or two like this from this side hasn't been paying attention.

The lack of top end talent has been a talking point for the media since the Adelaide game last year, add that to a relatively young side and it spells trouble.
Great post Yawkey..........agree with everything that you have said.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On very shaky ground for next weeks selection:
Longer - definite out
Steele - Seems to have lost all drive
Paddy - another week?
Brown - is he holding anyone out?
Webster - (best on ground?????????)
Armo - who is he holding out, has points banked
Stevens - was good against Bris
Sinclair - definite out

By all accounts there were some good prospects in the vfl practise match yesterday, so there's a positive at least.
Richo needs to reward having a go because yesterdays mob didn't come close to doing that.

For all we praise him, ultimately Trout made a meal of his biggest ever decision with the club.

He's just not that good. He's been okay but compared to all other clubs we have been poor. We have one star on the books and a lot of potential and Stuv was already there when Trout arrived. Billings looks like a second rate Robbie Grey but not quite a gun, Paddy is a bust IMO, Acres still high potential but 5 years in he isn't set in stone best 22, Dunstan average, Goddard a bust, Mc kenzie a bust, Gresh very likely a star but realistically a small forward with midfield minutes and not a lot of pace, Long a chaotic small forward/ small defender who could go either way. Lee gone etc. That's his rebuild with high picks.

He's arsed a few but over all he's been pretty poor, most other clubs have been able to recruit equal or better amounts of talent in over that time and only Collingwood i reckon have done worse.

All that time Bruce was in the ruck yesterday and he only managed 1 hit out. Even old Waitey was beating him.

Acres had 2 hitouts from way less ruck contests.

We have reached the deadline. Time to make some tough calls.

Armo is still ahead of Steele. He's a leader when we don't have any either. I reckon Steele looks okay but he's the opposite to what we needed, he's like more of the same same. Koby, Steele, Armo, Seb etc are all too similar. We have needed outside pace for 5 years. We keep getting similar slow insiders who don't even win a bulk of clearances. We should get a new recruitment plan from someone with experience. Trout was just someone that was already on staff, he was not someone who was a recruiter in training. I thought Armo was one of the few who tried yesterday.

I think playing Armo in the middle is a progressively damaging thing for us to do. IMO he's not offering us a lot and his output will only decrease. He also throws the balance out of whack IE Steele on a flank. It's Steele, OR Armo, not both. Sinclair needs to run through the guts too (amongst others) but that's not gonna happen with Alan's Boy Scouts in there 24/7.

In other words I reckon Armo is cooked and we're much better turning our attention towards the future - now.

Well I'm over that and now looking forward to next week. (See that's the only advantage of being a Saints supporter for nearly 55 years - deep down you really have no expectations other than we will be s***)

Two options

1 - the President coming out publicly and questioning the coach and the players, calling the effort crap and demands wholesale changes. Longer, Newnes, Stevens, Webster, Billings, Clark and McCartin all in the spotlight.

2 - treating it like an aberration but putting players on notice that irrespective of seniority p*** poor half arsed effort will not be tolerated - last chance.

Don't think 1 will happen so I'm going the 2nd option.

Changes for next week.

Mav for Clark (Hunter found out yesterday the the heat in the kitchen in a "real" AFL game is serious - few more of those could seriously hurt his development.

The only other change I'd make is if Longer is injured. Hickey or Marshall individually would be totally toweled up by Jacobs and especially if we were relying on Bruce against Jenkins we will be truly stuffed. So if Longer isn't fit then its Longer and McCartin for Hickey and Marshall.

Hard on a few at Sandy (Dunstan, White Rice etc but they play next week and they should be told - play well next week and you will replace any player who doesn't perform in the Seniors.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back