• Saints

Votes: 34 87.2%
  • Kangaroos

Votes: 5 12.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Reminder to all:
  • Visiting other team boards to troll is not tolerated (here or elsewhere)
  • Do not respond to trolls - it just makes our cleanup job harder. Report and ignore please.
  • Do not post identifiable screenshots of profiles or posts here for the sake of mockery
Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:
I know we keep going on about but watched the game again. My god Darcy Wilson. I know he didn’t pull it off but when tried to take on the man on the mark. The confidence. Also his kicking will be awesome. He really tries to take extreM care and weight his kicks.

Lastly on copper Sharman. I think he’s the most skillfull forward we have. Kicking and handballing.

That was his go in his draft year, he was a know candy salesman. I hope it doesn't stop him trying it again.

Sharman is one of those players that looks too good to not play but coaches mustn't like his raining standards or something. He always gives a good account of himself at senior level. He one of those guys that improves drastically around better players bit looks a bit average at VFL level. He's interesting because he's sort of third tall runner with good key forward craft. He just seems to know where to position innately.

That was his go in his draft year, he was a know candy salesman. I hope it doesn't stop him trying it again.

Sharman is one of those players that looks too good to not play but coaches mustn't like his raining standards or something. He always gives a good account of himself at senior level. He one of those guys that improves drastically around better players bit looks a bit average at VFL level. He's interesting because he's sort of third tall runner with good key forward craft. He just seems to know where to position innately.
Darcy will get a rising star nomination very early…he’s pretty much been elite at every level he’s played.
Love the way he effortlessly glides accross the turf!

Hello everyone, I want to officially announce that Dard Ball Get and I have returned to the forum.

I know it's been a terrible few days with extremely s**t jokes and lame discussion, but rest assured The Brothers of Banter are back - and back with a vengeance.

7345d654f19bc130cd6e465d8fee78f249c5b0f1_00.gif

(Dard is rocking the gimp mask FWIW)
You were gone??

Darcy will get a rising star nomination very early…he’s pretty much been elite at every level he’s played.
I thought he was the best of the eligible nominees on the weekend. That includes Duursma, Wardlaw and McKercher. For what it's worth I think Duursma was the best of the North bunch.

And boy oh boy can he take a mark 🥰

Presence, that is why coaches generally hold issue with guys like Sharman.

You have KPF's, they essentially have BDE to demand the ball to be kicked to them cause they know they are the beast and can kick goals from anywhere, this is the presence on field to demand that footy. Meanwhile... Sharman is standing there, says hello, asks nicely if he could maybe be involved, drifts across as he's in position to do so, he didn't whip it out and shout like others so coaches go "he fades out of the game" just as he lack that presence in that F50.

Guys like Sharman then look better at highest level because you need to be smarter, you need to see the multiple avenues and who may be in best position and whatnot, not just the tallest, biggest, more mobile or etc forward that draws your attention to them, but then you also nee the workrate to do that consistently.

So the tldr being it's likely Sharman needs to get a bit of mongrel to him to stand out a bit on that field, as he has obvious skill to succeed.

Hello everyone, I want to officially announce that Dard Ball Get and I have returned to the forum.

I know it's been a terrible few days with extremely s**t jokes and lame discussion, but rest assured The Brothers of Banter are back - and back with a vengeance.

7345d654f19bc130cd6e465d8fee78f249c5b0f1_00.gif

(Dard is rocking the gimp mask FWIW)
Returned? I thought you were a new poster.

That was possibly the worst effort at selling candy I've ever seen...

I’m not sure he even glides. I was close up on Sunday and I couldn’t see that his feet touch the ground. I’ve never seen anyone run that easily before. Maybe I’m just comparing him to me.

You have KPF's, they essentially have BDE to demand the ball to be kicked to them cause they know they are the beast and can kick goals from anywhere, this is the presence on field to demand that footy. Meanwhile... Sharman is standing there, says hello, asks nicely if he could maybe be involved, drifts across as he's in position to do so, he didn't whip it out and shout like others so coaches go "he fades out of the game" just as he lack that presence in that F50.

Guys like Sharman then look better at highest level because you need to be smarter, you need to see the multiple avenues and who may be in best position and whatnot, not just the tallest, biggest, more mobile or etc forward that draws your attention to them, but then you also nee the workrate to do that consistently.

So the tldr being it's likely Sharman needs to get a bit of mongrel to him to stand out a bit on that field, as he has obvious skill to succeed.
Agree. I saw him crack the shits in internal match sim and I was surprised he even talks. It was actually nice to see the competitiveness shine through.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gone to s**t under Dimmies really.

Prior to you had a real sort of, club following for love of the game and club and if someone got a punch on or something happened they got a right whack but the game was still forefront and the personalities were still there to enjoy.

Then Demetriou came along...

Hello GCS and GWS to ruin drafting for everyone else, lookit these news toys!
Phwoar, a billion in telecast deals, money money money.
He straight rubbished the Swans, GAGF NSW the AFL doesn't care about you as its ugly footy, just ugly... like Blacktown.
Paid himself a cool 1.1-1.4mil per season for it., FU players and clubs, gimmie my own money for a job well done.
Is the reason the MRO and tribunal are so broken since he rejigged the system.
Over to you Gil...

Dimmies and forgeries set the game back decades.
Sutherland, Wally Edwards et al did the same to cricket. Cricket Australia are just as ethically bankrupt. Totally run by marketing spinmeisters

That was possibly the worst effort at selling candy I've ever seen...

More like a drunk fat guy that dropped his Malteasers and attempted to pick them up but I still want to see him try it more often, he's got it in his arsenal and that's the stuff that will make him a star more than his supreme athletic prowess.

I totally agree with all this but ultimately the afl also says the tribunal is not subject to precedent so theyve hedged their bets.

I’ve been saying it for YEARS (George has been telling me to shut up about it). The mro and tribunal is a sham with no ******* idea what they’re doing
Sure, I understand the old "no precedents" chestnut the AFL roll out to defend their repeated inconsistent decision making. But I think their comment that I quoted doesn't really involve precedents, or at least it shouldn't.

They clearly stated in Webster's case that it doesn't matter who the guilty party is. It can be a 300 game Bambi, a hit is a hit.

But like you said I'm sure they'll find a way to wriggle out of it if a high profile player faces a similar charge.

Sure, I understand the old "no precedents" chestnut the AFL roll out to defend their repeated inconsistent decision making. But I think their comment that I quoted doesn't really involve precedents, or at least it shouldn't.

They clearly stated in Webster's case that it doesn't matter who the guilty party is. It can be a 300 game Bambi, a hit is a hit.

But like you said ini sure they'll find a way to wriggle out of it if a high profile player faces a similar charge.
I think it all just goes into the pot for the crapshoot of the outcomes.

No one can ever criticize them because the rules they’ve set are so ******* wishy washy that any outcome is defensible

I reckon Sharman will have a breakout season

I like that Garcia took so many centre bounces (third most) in a run with role which you’d assume would be Windhager’s when he comes back. Really hoping that’s where Windy plays this year because while he was good there last season he’s not a backman IMO.

Everything always comes down to the midfield for me so if Windy is going to be in there at times with hopefully Phillipou and Dow when he comes back then that’s something to get excited about. Steele and Crouch will be the mainstays obviously but that’s not getting us to where we need to go, we desperately need some excitement in there.

Back