Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread Part 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember earlier this year when someone posted the stats on what usually happens to teams that get thumped in the GF? Crows heading down that path of missing the 8.

Keep losing and they’ll want Don’s head on a Pyke.

The really bad thing for someone like Jacobs was that he got out muscled to such a point Grundy could push him out of the contest grab the ball and have enough time to do what he wanted with it time and time again. It was like watching the fall of a consistently good but not exceptional ruckman getting crushed by a similar but younger bigger better newer model.

The really bad thing for someone like Jacobs was that he got out muscled to such a point Grundy could push him out of the contest grab the ball and have enough time to do what he wanted with it time and time again. It was like watching the fall of a consistently good but not exceptional ruckman getting crushed by a similar but younger bigger better newer model.
Just looked it up, This season Jacobs has had 11 clearances in the first four rounds, Grundy had 12 last night.

Remember earlier this year when someone posted the stats on what usually happens to teams that get thumped in the GF? Crows heading down that path of missing the 8.

Keep losing and they’ll want Don’s head on a Pyke.
I'd like to see a fine night in Sydney next Friday - if Collingwood can score 106 points against them on a wet night, Buddy may kick 10 by half time.

Just looked it up, This season Jacobs has had 11 clearances in the first four rounds, Grundy had 12 last night.
Still.. it seriously is a concern if that camp messed with his head.. Imagine a club that heralds itself as Best Practice employs charllatans posing as professionals to mess with its players heads

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Adelaide going in with 5 key forwards on a wet and windy night is the height of arrogance

Port going in with no recognised ruckman under a closed roof is .... hold my beer

Adelaide going in with 5 key forwards on a wet and windy night is the height of arrogance

See, I don't think it actually is. Who else were they going to play? Everyone else is either injured or s**t.

This is what happens when you go down the path of 'let's draft key position players no matter what'. Eventually they are all the depth you have and promote shocking list balance.

You know who would have suited the conditions last night? Charlie Cameron.

Are you starting to see why I said that Adelaide would miss the eight?

I've been saying this a while too. Not convinced they definitely won't make the 8 but they've done nothing to convince me they will, and certainly nothing to convince me they are premiership fancies.

s**t captain. s**t culture. s**t off season. Awful trading (albeit with some very good drafting - but that won't pay real dividends in 2018). Less prep time due to playing so deep in to September last year. And most importantly they are a team of chokers who can't stand up in high pressure games.

Not to worry, the Crows will be back in business next year thanks to a big trade period and some local draft sliders
Sloane for Saints first (Rankine)
Jenkins for a late first.
Our first - C.Rozee
Carlton’s second - Hately
Kelly - Francis
FA - A.Gaff
Jenkins for a late first huh? He'd look good in Port colours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back