Western Region FL - Divy 1 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great game of footy at Caroline Springs, fair dust up in the final term. Brian copped a few of the cleanest clips from Tuppin I have seen in a while, but overall was a good game. Standard looks to have improved significantly, great to see.

I heard Patty kicked the winning goal to get Altona home against arch rivals Spotswood. Don’t worry about all Deer Parks recruits Patty is the best recruit to come into this league for a long time.
Come on turbo what Persian rugs are you on all clubs have recruited well big call

When was the last time a 100 goal kicker on 2 accessions in great comps, EDFL & I think Ovens & Murry, gun Vfl player came across to this comp. Averaged 80 goals for 5 years at Avondale. Please give credit where credit is due. GUN!!

Thanks Harry. Good to see somebody knows footy on this thread. His been, and still is one of the best local footballers around. The thing you find with Patty is he puts in effort most weeks. Very rarely is held goalless. Yes some others might have bigger names ie Fevola, but I would take Patty over most players. Anyway it was just an observation but thanks for the support mate..

Thanks Harry. Good to see somebody knows footy on this thread. His been, and still is one of the best local footballers around. The thing you find with Patty is he puts in effort most weeks. Very rarely is held goalless. Yes some others might have bigger names ie Fevola, but I would take Patty over most players. Anyway it was just an observation but thanks for the support mate..
I agree.
Kicked a ton in the ovens and Murray. Kicked a ton in his first year edfl and will kick Altona within reach of a GF if not go close to winning it.

One of the best recruits no doubt.
Breakdown of today's games anyone?

Great game of footy at Caroline Springs, fair dust up in the final term. Brian copped a few of the cleanest clips from Tuppin I have seen in a while, but overall was a good game. Standard looks to have improved significantly, great to see.

I watched CS early last year and Lake spent the majority of the game sniping blokes. A number of them were youngsters.
He’s a flog and it’s about time he copped a few.

Great game between Altona and Spotswood. It was a pity a disgraceful umpiring decision in the last minute led to an Altona goal to win the game. I hate saying it, but Spotswood could justifiably claim they were robbed.

Great game between Altona and Spotswood. It was a pity a disgraceful umpiring decision in the last minute led to an Altona goal to win the game. I hate saying it, but Spotswood could justifiably claim they were robbed.
Your funny. Altona led for the whole game & Spotswood got in front for 2 minutes. Altona was the best team yesterday for 3 quarters. They deserve there win!

And I suppose you were one of the spotwood fans that abused the umpires as they walked into their change rooms and walking up to them threatening them?! Absolute disgrace from some spotty fans. Maybe if you didn't let Altona get in front by 5 goals, maybe that was the difference

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Terrific game of Suburban Footy. Don't know about the disgraceful Decision Zinc but Spotty deserved to win. They outworked Altona over the 4 qtrs imo and played a better brand of footy but wasted some opportunity to make that a 3-4 goal win. One thing that was clear from the way the 2 teams played and the way they moved the ball is Eames runs rings around Ghazi from a Coaching standpoint.

Terrific game of Suburban Footy. Don't know about the disgraceful Decision Zinc but Spotty deserved to win. They outworked Altona over the 4 qtrs imo and played a better brand of footy but wasted some opportunity to make that a 3-4 goal win. One thing that was clear from the way the 2 teams played and the way they moved the ball is Eames runs rings around Ghazi from a Coaching standpoint.

Who got the points?

Who got the points?
Patty has been a superstar no doubt. But 2 goals from 5 possessions in perfect weather does not justify $1300 a game. He needs to contribute more, was soundly beaten yesterday. 5 goals from 2 games from 11 possessions just doesn’t cut it.. he’ll end up with 80 goals but 50 will be against the bottom teams., We’ll done Altona on a super start to the season.
Just calling a spade a spade.

Patty has been a superstar no doubt. But 2 goals from 5 possessions in perfect weather does not justify $1300 a game. He needs to contribute more, was soundly beaten yesterday. 5 goals from 2 games from 11 possessions just doesn’t cut it.. he’ll end up with 80 goals but 50 will be against the bottom teams., We’ll done Altona on a super start to the season.
I tend to agree he has been quiet in terms of touches but he literally just stays deep forward, did kick 2 goals 5 yesterday and 3.3 last week. Bad kicking is bad footy but could of had 5 yesterday... horrendous conditions last week and the delivery yesterday was poor when they went forward. 2 games in I'm sure he will be fine

So he kicked 2.5 from 5 possessions did he ? Amazing!!! Spoke to an Altona senior official today and he’s of the opinion Altona wouldn’t have won either game without Rose . Put a price on that Mr stats man .

The ball movement was so good they kicked 7 goals. That’s real slice and dice stuff .

Ok to make it clear I was comparing the 2 sides. I was more impressed with Spotty is that ok ? Will stick to my opinion though, Ghazi has no idea in comparison to Eames.
I’d suggest Altona will finish above Spotswood this year . Altona would’ve had a let down after round 1’s win over Deer Park. Can you explain the differences in coaching techniques you’ve detected? Particularly in the ball movement area.

Ok to make it clear I was comparing the 2 sides. I was more impressed with Spotty is that ok ? Will stick to my opinion though, Ghazi has no idea in comparison to Eames.
Ghazi must be doing something right at Altona. Under 19 team is strong. Reserves going well - Spotswood kicked 2 goals in the under 19 & didn’t score a goal in the reserves. I know which club would be happy right now.

Altona better for 3 qtrs. Should have been further up. Spotty better in the last and Altona probably lucky to hold on in the end.

Good effort from Rose in the end. About 40 out with probably 30 seconds to go.

He was good last week but average yesterday. DP played Quick on him and sat 2 in front of him most of the day.

Spotty played him well but Altona didn't help him much. Boy did they butcher it a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back