will the tigers break the all time winning streak record at the mcg

Remove this Banner Ad

Reminds me of this from Moneyball.

My prediction is we equal the streak vs Crows and then go into the Collingwood game looking to claim the record outright.

We rush out to a 50 point lead at HT and put on the brakes, getting complacent. Pies fight their way back and a sense of unease washes over the MCG. A few easy Collingwood goals and then turns into a flood. Goal after goal and momentum shifts big time. Players look to each other, fans expecting to see history start getting nervous. Tiger fans have been here before. Losing from impossible positions and surrendering big leads. Pies then take a 5pt lead late in the game.

A formerly maligned Richmond player not rated particularly highly outside the club (maybe a Grigg or Edwards type - though my personal choice would be Kamdyn McIntosh or Conca) then against the run of play kicks a goal right before the final siren handing the Tigers a dramatic 1 point win. Cue sighs of relief and small levels of pandemonium in the stands. :D

For the eventual Aussie screen adaption of MosquitoFleet Ball (in say 10-15 years time), I'm thinking Toadfish Rebecchi from Neighbours is cast as Neil Balme and Meryl Streep can play Peggy (the AFL have given up on the pipedream of playing games in Shanghai and use this money to land a genuine Hollywood A lister to boost the movie's credibility. They use this new approach to try and market the game to a worldwide audience).

My prediction is we equal the streak vs Crows and then go into the Collingwood game looking to claim the record outright.

We rush out to a 50 point lead at HT and put on the brakes, getting complacent. Pies fight their way back and a sense of unease washes over the MCG. A few easy Collingwood goals and then turns into a flood. Goal after goal and momentum shifts big time. Players look to each other, fans expecting to see history start getting nervous. Tiger fans have been here before. Losing from impossible positions and surrendering big leads. Pies then take a 5pt lead late in the game.

A formerly maligned Richmond player not rated particularly highly outside the club (maybe a Grigg or Edwards type - though my personal choice would be Kamdyn McIntosh or Conca) then against the run of play kicks a goal right before the final siren handing the Tigers a dramatic 1 point win. Cue sighs of relief and small levels of pandemonium in the stands. :D

For the eventual Aussie screen adaption of MosquitoFleet Ball (in say 10-15 years time), I'm thinking Toadfish Rebecchi from Neighbours is cast as Neil Balme and Meryl Streep can play Peggy (the AFL have given up on the pipedream of playing games in Shanghai and use this money to land a genuine Hollywood A lister to boost the movie's credibility. They use this new approach to try and market the game to a worldwide audience).

Can we please have a down-vote option? This tigers s**t is getting out of hand!

the record currently stands at 17 by melbourne back in the dark ages. tigers are currently on 16 wins after their hard fought win against the cats. the next two games they play at the mcg are against adelaide who beat them in round 2 but are not travelling so well now and then collingwood who the tigers beat comprehensively earlier in the year but have played impressive football in patches. do you think richmond will break the all time record?

s**t in the hand type match against the reeling crows?

I would think an all time record like this should we achieve it is a phenominal effort from the club. 3 of those wins would be in the QF, PF and GF. This is a testament to how good the club has made a ground its fortress, and not the interstate advantage of having genuine home ground advantage each week, but often we have won at the G as a shared home ground, which makes the current run even more impressive.

In saying that, both Crows and Pies are chances of knocking us off.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What is the record for the number of games played at the MCG in a season? Richmond must have that covered as well.

The easiest way to solve this is relocate Richmond to Geelong.

Give us an extra 10% in the cap, top 3 picks in the draft for 5 years and access to Victorian Academy u18s to help us find our feet in the hostile Geelong market. And redevelop GMHBA stadium to the exact dimensions of the G.

Well, I imagine playing the game at etihad will make it slightly tougher to prevent you from breaking the MCG record.
But we are MORE of a chance to beat you at MCG than at Etihad. We would prefer to play you at the MCG.

As much chance as there is Trump having rocket man under his thumb....

.......oh wait

Remove this Banner Ad

Back