Preview Round 15, 2018: Melbourne v St.Kilda - MCG, Sunday 1st July, 1:10PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Demons

Votes: 79 71.8%
  • Saints

Votes: 31 28.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
"The remainder of the 2018 season will see more opportunity for our young list to step up, and we may well see more players wear the red, white and black for the first time. "

I know my eyesight isn't what it used to be, but I don't see where it's been stated that we are automitaccy gift games to kids.

We may well see... Opportunity to step up.

Looks like they are sending a challenge to the players that if you work hard, you'll be given the opportunity.

No guarantees.

Sorry to ruin the thread with fact...

And Joyce plays but all those who went mad last night will just gloss over that. Got to laugh. Never seen so many get so angry about who the emergencies are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How many players have we had in our 22 this year? Must be more than anyone else at a guess?

Not sure we can whinge too much about kids not getting opportunities and I do think we’ve got to have a bit of experience in the side. Unfortunately we’ve got some injuries to key players which probably means we are playing the experience md players we’d normally prefer we didn’t.

Saying that though, I’m pretty frustrated Coffield is not in the side. I’d be pumping games into him at the moment.

How many players have we had in our 22 this year? Must be more than anyone else at a guess?

Not sure we can whinge too much about kids not getting opportunities and I do think we’ve got to have a bit of experience in the side. Unfortunately we’ve got some injuries to key players which probably means we are playing the experience md players we’d normally prefer we didn’t.

Saying that though, I’m pretty frustrated Coffield is not in the side. I’d be pumping games into him at the moment.
I think I read somewhere Geelong have played 14 debutants in the last season and this one.

I think we are now up to 35 players used from the list for the year. Could be 36.

We are playing all of our senior hacks.
Geary, Giblet, Armo, Weller and Brown. None of them belong in the side but we have picked them all.

And who do you replace them all with?
Gilbert has been named but would suggest he will be an emergency with Joyce getting the nod.

With that debut we will have played 36 from the list this year. I dont know how many other teams come close to that.

And Joyce plays but all those who went mad last night will just gloss over that. Got to laugh. Never seen so many get so angry about who the emergencies are.

No they didn't gloss, it was another opportunity to criticise the coach by saying they dropped the wrong player for him.
For some Richo is just a punching bag. Doesn't fit their narrative.
Phillips, Joyce, Clark, Coff, Rice, Marshall, second game this year Battle second game this year. Probably some Ive missed.
We don't play the kids

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No they didn't gloss, it was another opportunity to criticise the coach by saying they dropped the wrong player for him.
Phillips, Joyce, Clark, Coff, Rice, Marshall, second game this year Battle second game this year. Probably some Ive missed.
We don't play the kids

They aren’t kids. They are over 18. Richo doesn’t draft kids. He is pathetic

How is that a lie. 26 have to be named. 4 will be emergencies. People got angry over players who will be emergencies. Now tell me how that is lie if you can

I am not sure how, but you must be fudging the figures somehow - I'll figure it out soon enough...….:think:

Brown has played on him and held his own before, but Hogan will probably still kick some even if Brown goes well against him..
We have to realize Brown is past his best and to slow for today's game - 1 kick a game and maybe a mark is not what we need (was killed by Lynch on one leg)(and Richo played him on Buddy which was a joke)- also you need to have a guy who can play in a couple positions and rebound the ball - which he can not - time to move on / he is a great guy like the coach , but being a good guy doesn't mean you should be playing or coaching.

Time to play Austin , Goddard and Joyce and see who will be our future key back.

We have get rid of Weller ( shown nothing for 2 years and going on 27 and contract due at end of year ) and Armitage as well - Montagna was not as bad when he retired.

Sorry but that's my view.

We don't play the kids

Joffa I for one think Cho should be given a chance but when I see Gilbert , Weller and Armitage in the team upsets us when our season is shot and we have to see what we have on the list and we play guys who you know will not be playing next year and if they are we will be playing for the wooden spoon.
I'd rather Coffield , White , Austin.

coz this collective melt hasn't been anything special

And? Who said it was special. It was just silly because the side hadn’t even been named and I can’t remember people losing it over emergencies previously. So I didn’t lie. I accept your apology.

Joffa I for one think Cho should be given a chance but when I see Gilbert , Weller and Armitage in the team upsets us when our season is shot and we have to see what we have on the list and we play guys who you know will not be playing next year and if they are we will be playing for the wooden spoon.
I'd rather Coffield , White , Austin.

And then get beaten worse and then richo cops it even worse. We have played plenty of young guys. There is no rush and there is no point of playing them all together and getting smashed.

And who do you replace them all with?
Gilbert has been named but would suggest he will be an emergency with Joyce getting the nod.

With that debut we will have played 36 from the list this year. I dont know how many other teams come close to that.

Yeah, I'm not big on playing too many kids. It's a great way to tank but having 10 players under 50 games just gets them used to heavy losses. Seriously the only thing we have over Carlton and Brisbane is a pile of old war horses. They have better top and bottom end players. Probably around 3 under 50 gamers at any time is ideal or you risk heavy losses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back