Preview Round 11, 2024: Melbourne v St.Kilda - MCG - Sunday 26th May, 3.20pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 12, 2006
Lal Lal
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Elsternwick AFC
Melbourne-vs-St-Kilda.png

Are we not playing a game this weekend?

Higgins, Membrey and Crouch in for Collard, Sharman and Phillipou.

And perhaps Clark in for Jones in that role.

And maybe Garcia in for one of Bonner and Paton.

FQF

Last edited by a moderator:

FQF

I won't be surprised if Members has an extended spell at Sandy, or at the very least our fans should be supportive of it happening if you know what I mean.

Crouch, Clark and Higgo is the obvious choice for ins.

I'd be inclined to give Paton some more games based on the theory it is the 2nd year of exploration and we need to find out who the list cloggers before seasons end.

FQF
Given that Membrey, Ross and Stocker were ‘managed’ you’d expect them all to come in. Crouch and Clark probably come i, Higgins returns and maybe Garcia deserves a run. Six changes two weeks in row? Probably not but will be interesting selections.

Given that Membrey, Ross and Stocker were ‘managed’ you’d expect them all to come in. Crouch and Clark probably come i, Higgins returns and maybe Garcia deserves a run. Six changes two weeks in row? Probably not but will be interesting selections.
We’re up for an 80 point drubbing here so may as well continue the experimentation.
Keeler and O’Connell to get a look?

I would like to see how Heath goes but I haven't been following his progression in the VFL, only looking at stats.
Is it worth giving him a game?

Out - Collard, Phillipou, Jones, Sharman, Paton

In - Higgins, Crouch, Clark, Garcia, Stocker

If Stocker isnt right, Bonner into the starting 22 with Ross or Sharman being the sub.

FB: Wilkie Howard Webster
HB: Sinclair Battle NWM
C: Wood Steele Hill
HF: Wilson King Henry
FF: Higgins Caminiti Owens
R: Marshall Crouch Windy
I/C: Stocker, Clark, Dow, Garcia
Sub - Bonner.

Probably gone too heavy on the inside mids but might as well try it at this point. Crouch instantly makes the midfield stronger and take some load off Steele. Higgins back gives us a legitimate forward threat if we can get it forward. One less tall type in the forward line to try something different.

A bit harsh on Bonner being sub but with some mids back, Sinclair isnt needed in the there so going with the 7 defenders we used last year to see if that helps sure us up a bit.

In: Crouch, Higgins, Stocker, Allison, Garcia

Out: Pou, Paton, Sharman, Jones, Collard

Sub: Stocker

Let’s see how Ross and Membrey push a case for selection via the VFL. I think we need to reward those going back and putting together strong form.

Just two things regarding the opponent and how it should affect selection:

• we need more inside beasts, so I'm inclined to get Crouch back straight away, and not for another inside mid (so keep Dow)
  • Lever is out, so I'm not sure we should be replacing a tall forward with someone who doesn't play tall (a way of saying Higgins should return, but not for King/Caminiti/Sharman)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Season is done, so would like to see us persist with Hugo in the middle for the rest of the year. BOG yesterday and you can really see his class at VFL level. He is a pure mid and a great competitor. Has to be a better option than Seb.
Definitely. Great learning opportunity as well, get him to follow Oliver or Viney around to see how the best do it.

Just two things regarding the opponent and how it should affect selection:

• we need more inside beasts, so I'm inclined to get Crouch back straight away, and not for another inside mid (so keep Dow)
  • Lever is out, so I'm not sure we should be replacing a tall forward with someone who doesn't play tall (a way of saying Higgins should return, but not for King/Caminiti/Sharman)
Don't think Sharman is any chance of keeping his spot.

Clarke, Crouch, Higgins and maybe Hayes but I suspect Hayes is being managed carefully and could need more time at Sandy

Don't think Sharman is any chance of keeping his spot.

Clarke, Crouch, Higgins and maybe Hayes but I suspect Hayes is being managed carefully and could need more time at Sandy

Neither do I, but if a tall forward comes out, IMO he should be replaced by another tall forward and not Higgins.

Higgins should come in for a smaller forward, and Collard is the obvious choice due to his lack of any semblance of production last week.

Higgins for Collard
Crouch for Jones
Clark for Phillipou
Ross for Paton
Stocker for Bonner
Membrey or Hayes for Sharman

Like to Garcia again but can only see him replacing Henry or Dow which won't happen

More inside midfield power in there now and got our small forward back

Bonner adds no physicality to the side .... Stocker does with better defense traits and a bit of run and dare off half back

Ross can be Sub

According to the fixture yes we are.

Will we play it well? Absolutely not.
HOT OFF THE PRESS:

A "little birdie" told me that the Dees have not won a game when they have changed their name to Narrm.

If correct,I'm loading up on the bottles of Shiraz and Champagne for celebrations Sunday night.

HOT OFF THE PRESS:

A "little birdie" told me that the Dees have not won a game when they have changed their name to Narrm.

If correct,I'm loading up on the bottles of Shiraz and Champagne for celebrations Sunday night.
Weve not won a game under the name Euro-Yroke either.

Nil all draw?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back