The race for top 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Richmond Sydney and Port in there
Sydney won't make top 4. Too tight up top and their draw is too tough.

Sydney have 2 top 6 teams away, GWS have 3. On form Sydney aren't good enough. Richmond should have belted them on Friday. GWS will find it hard.

Some of the lower MID ranked sides could steal a game or two from the top 8. I still have a feeling that the top 8 will go to 13 wins high % or 13 and a draw. Top 4 to go 18, 17, 16 and 15-16.

In our case, we will need to win as many games as possible, or get our percentage in the high 120s.

upload_2018-7-1_4-56-44.png

Last edited:

Sydney have 2 top 6 teams away, GWS have 3. On form Sydney aren't good enough. Richmond should have belted them on Friday. GWS will find it hard.

Some of the lower MID ranked sides could steal a game or two from the top 8. I still have a feeling that the top 8 will go to 13 wins high % or 13 and a draw. Top 4 to go 18, 17, 16 and 15-16.

In our case, we will need to win as many games as possible, or get our percentage in the high 120s.

View attachment 520236

I reakon Sydney make it Rob..

I got them winning next 3

cat,roos and gold coast.

Then bombers is 50/50

They'll beat pies and hawks at home too.

This season has been so open that until Round 20, I don’t think anyone will accurately guess the top 4. Just 4 weeks ago 90% of BF would of laughed if I said that WC will lose 3 in a row.

For the Pies, I just want us to play finals. Any position, doesn’t bother me. Obviously Top 4 would be ideal but can’t expect too much considering what we have come from!

Also for all of the Tigers/Pies trolls. Give it a break. Not every thread is about the Tiger or Pies. Also you don’t win discussions by pointing to “Biggest Club in Australia” (Pies fans) and “Premier and 1st on the ladder” (Tigers fans)

GWS hmmmmm
Just did an autotip by the squiggly.

14d95e5ca2d46b96148bb2c233870763.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I would have smiled if anyone had the pies in their top 4 at the beginning of the season
And west coast top 8

People year in year out fair to understand that the afl is a game of percentages - the difference between richmond and brisbane is maybe 10-15%

A few too many injuries, players a bit out of form, harder draw vs easy draw.

Outside Port winning, a perfect weekend of results for Collingwood. North, Melbourne, Geelong, Hawthorn, WCE and Sydney all losing. Now a 2 game gap to 7th place.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 520236

I'll give you that Sydney has a tough draw for the run home. We also haven't been setting the world on fire with our form, even though we have been getting the result most weeks.

But still, you have us winning only three more games for the rest of the season? We have four more home games (two against teams outside of the eight), plus another game in Sydney against GWS, and all the away trips are to Melbourne, two games against mid-table teams at Etihad where we have a very good track record, and one at the MCG against a Demons who just lost to St Kilda.

We will drop games in this period, but for us to drop six of them would be a pretty major implosion. Which ones have you got us down as winning?

Call me optimistic, but to have a 10-4 record and not be playing to our best makes me think there is room for improvement to build towards the finals.

And west coast top 8

People year in year out fair to understand that the afl is a game of percentages - the difference between richmond and brisbane is maybe 10-15%

A few too many injuries, players a bit out of form, harder draw vs easy draw.
Was thinking it was a pretty good weekend for the Tigers too. Knocked off one rival for top two and another fell of their own accord.
It just goes to show you can underestimate the bottom 10 at your own peril. St Kilda, Essendon, Adelaide and the Doggies all beat top 8 opposition this weekend. Carlton actually played really well against Port as well and GCS in the second half lost to the Pies by 1 point.

You still have to beat these sides, and if you’re off by 2% in this modern game, they will jump on it.

This is why I shake my head when people say Collingwood hasn’t beaten anyone after 14 rounds.

Also for all of the Tigers/Pies trolls. Give it a break. Not every thread is about the Tiger or Pies. Also you don’t win discussions by pointing to “Biggest Club in Australia” (Pies fans) and “Premier and 1st on the ladder” (Tigers fans)
Just to confirm DeZi, that is a statement of fact the the Pies are the 'biggest club in Australia'?

Was thinking it was a pretty good weekend for the Tigers too. Knocked off one rival for top two and another fell of their own accord.
Pretty season defining weekend imho.

Now (assuming we hang on till we get players back) we have to wait for you to fkkk up and bat 100%

And we are playing every second game interstate - you guys arent.

Barring a miracle you guys are set for finals

Pretty season defining weekend imho.

Now (assuming we hang on till we get players back) we have to wait for you to fkkk up and bat 100%

And we are playing every second game interstate - you guys arent.

Barring a miracle you guys are set for finals
Although you lost, outside Collingwood, I’m pretty sure the 6 sides below you lost too. The loss to the Crows sort of gets cancelled out.

Just did an autotip by the squiggly.

14d95e5ca2d46b96148bb2c233870763.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
How reliable are these things? I can do 2-3 in 5 minutes and each one has Collingwood in a different position. I’ve had a top 4 finish, top 8 and even one with us missing finals.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back