Votes: 5 3.9%
  • GWS

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • Bulldogs

Votes: 1 0.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

You can't lose the inside 50 count 64 to 37, hang on for dear life because the opposition kick for a goal like a ressies bush side, then claim to be premiership favourites.

Massive upset brewing on preliminary final day. Giants are every chance of repeating 2019 since Port also look to be faltering.

Collingwood have a massive amount of work to do to win the flag this year.
If they wind up facing Brisbane it really should be the Lions by 6 goals minimum.

It was actually 69 to 37 😂

I don’t think that will matter.
It will be Lions V Collingwood. Magpies are slowing down and are having poor last quarters.
I’m expecting the Lions to win it all.
So when we’re behind and having big last quarters, we get told we can’t win the flag playing 1 quarter then when we build a solid lead then take foot off pedal, we’re also slowing down and can’t win the flag.

Cool, got it.

So when we’re behind and having big last quarters, we get told we can’t win the flag playing 1 quarter then when we build a solid lead then take foot off pedal, we’re also slowing down and can’t win the flag.

Cool, got it.
😂😂 I didn’t say you couldn’t win it. Just what I personally think.
Pies aren’t the same team they were. Melbourne should have won the other night if they had a decent forward line.

And you are highly likely to be without Maynard for the remainder of the finals series which will be a big loss.

😂😂 I didn’t say you couldn’t win it. Just what I personally think.
Pies aren’t the same team they were. Melbourne should have won the other night if they had a decent forward line.

I think the Pies had Melbourne’s measure for majority of the night/when the game was there to be won. They held a 4-5 goal margin for majority of the 3rd into early in the last in a very low scoring game. Dees would’ve probably been the ‘it’ team to win the flag prior to Thursday night IMO.

And you are highly likely to be without Maynard for the remainder of the finals series which will be a big loss.

Heart and soul player - huge if he gets rubbed out. I certainly hope he gets off, not because I’m a Pies fan, but because I grew up loving Aussie Rules and hate seeing how it has become. (Whilst respecting they need to eradicate head injuries, within reason)

Pies lost to Brisbane by 4 goals at Marvel a month ago.
Moore, N Daicos, Hill & DeGoey were all absent that night.
I’m confident those ins will make a considerable difference. Plus we play much better at the G than Marvel.

All fair points, Collingwood would be deserved favourites against Brisbane at the MCG. Personally though, I'm glad that we won't be facing the Dees in a grand final if we make it purely on a match up basis. Maybe just my ptsd of us bombing it down the line for Gawn to intercept and then the Dees having their kicking boots on in round 18.

Pies are a great team, deserved minor premiers, but the way they play suits us I think. In our two games against them this year we scored 116 and 124, and had a lot of high percentage shots on goal after turnover with space out the back.

Pies would equally have their chances given we aren't close to the Demons defensively. It certainly wouldn't be a 60-56 scoreline unless the weather was horrendous.

It will be a Lions-Pies GF. Unfortunately the Pies will win because of the home ground advantage. Oh well. They did finish minor premiers so I guess they deserve it. It does highlight the ludicrousness of the advantage for Victorian teams, especially those with the G as their home ground.

It will be a Lions-Pies GF. Unfortunately the Pies will win because of the home ground advantage. Oh well. They did finish minor premiers so I guess they deserve it. It does highlight the ludicrousness of the advantage for Victorian teams, especially those with the G as their home ground.
In VIC v Interstate GF's since 2010, here's the results:

VIC Wins: 7

Interstate Wins: 2

Quite alarming.

In VIC v Interstate GF's since 2010, here's the results:

VIC Wins: 7

Interstate Wins: 2

Quite alarming.
Which ones should the interstate team have won? The stat is meaningless. Of the 7 vic wins probably only Sydney against the Bulldogs could have gone the other way.

Hawks v Freo
Hawks v Swans
Hawks v West Coast
Dogs v Swans
Tigers v Crows
Tigers v Giants
Cats v Swans

None of the above grand finals were decided because it was in Melbourne. Most of them the interstate teams got flogged.

Also, if you do it since 2000 the stats are 5-7

If you do it since 1990 it is 9-9

Selective stats are useless.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pies lost to Brisbane by 4 goals at Marvel a month ago.
Moore, N Daicos, Hill & DeGoey were all absent that night.
I’m confident those ins will make a considerable difference. Plus we play much better at the G than Marvel.
Brisbane have enough firepower to trouble Moore.

Which ones should the interstate team have won? The stat is meaningless. Of the 7 vic wins probably only Sydney against the Bulldogs could have gone the other way.

Hawks v Freo
Hawks v Swans
Hawks v West Coast
Dogs v Swans
Tigers v Crows
Tigers v Giants
Cats v Swans

None of the above grand finals were decided because it was in Melbourne. Most of them the interstate teams got flogged.

Hawks beat Freo by 15 points. 10 points at 3/4 time. Freo could quite easily have won it in Perth or even a neutral ground.

Hawks v Freo
Hawks v Swans
Hawks v West Coast
Dogs v Swans
Tigers v Crows
Tigers v Giants
Cats v Swans

Crows beat Richmond by 80 points at Adelaide Oval in 2017. Yes, didn’t turn up on Grand Final Day at the MCG but who knows what the result would have been if it had been at Adelaide’s home ground.

I think our defence relies on a bit more than just one player.
It is a team defence.
Every team relies on a team defence. Where the pies (maybe lions too) excel is the pressure created up the ground. Makes Moore and Murphy's job easy in picking up intercept marks. Same with Andrews and Payne for us.

We tend to play a slower less direct type of game. Get the ball in the half way mark in a dangerous spot and either find a forward or let our smalls finish. Which hurts the pies a fair bit.

I think a pies lions GF would be an amazing game.

Every team relies on a team defence. Where the pies (maybe lions too) excel is the pressure created up the ground. Makes Moore and Murphy's job easy in picking up intercept marks. Same with Andrews and Payne for us.

We tend to play a slower less direct type of game. Get the ball in the half way mark in a dangerous spot and either find a forward or let our smalls finish. Which hurts the pies a fair bit.

I think a pies lions GF would be an amazing game.
Agreed

Crows beat Richmond by 80 points at Adelaide Oval in 2017. Yes, didn’t turn up on Grand Final Day at the MCG but who knows what the result would have been if it had been at Adelaide’s home ground.
And after you beat us in rnd 6 in 2017 Fremantle & Sydney beat us at the M.C.G.

Hawks v Freo
Hawks v Swans
Hawks v West Coast
Dogs v Swans
Tigers v Crows
Tigers v Giants
Cats v Swans

Now do it for Vic teams vs. Brisbane in Grand Finals....

I think our defence relies on a bit more than just one player.
It is a team defence.
Well they scored heavily against them both times they played. Hardly a defensive minded team like Melbourne who struggle to score. If Brisbane don't score heavily their forwards are off/inaccurate or they're not getting good supply.

Now do it for Vic teams vs. Brisbane in Grand Finals....
Yeah the MCG advantage is more about dimensions and conditions than crowd, which is always close to equal on GF day not including neutrals, unless it's GWS or something. Very different to 80k Pies.

Back