If Carlton win the 2023 Flag....

Remove this Banner Ad

Let's play along this hypothetical. Zero chance to beat Collingwood or GWS at the 'G despite beating the best team in the comp right now at the GABBA?

Yeah, makes perfect sense.

If we beat Brissy, we'll probably go in as favourites... especially against a Collingwood side who were beaten at full strength without McKay/Cerra/Walsh/McGovern available. Walsh is probably MVP in this finals series.
We are not playing at the GABBA and the last I looked, we finished a game clear, then went straight through the QF to a PF.

So you beat us when you had everything to play for, whilst we didn't but GWS beat you, when they had it all to play for and you didn't.

So by your logic, if you do make it through to a GF, GWS will take care of you anyway.

We are not playing at the GABBA and the last I looked, we finished a game clear, then went straight through the QF to a PF.

So you beat us when you had everything to play for, whilst we didn't but GWS beat you, when they had it all to play for and you didn't.

So by your logic, if you do make it through to a GF, GWS will take care of you anyway.
Brisbane are the best team in the finals right now, I was clearly referring to them.

Saying we're a zero chance to beat you if we beat Brisbane is just absurd. If we can knock them off up there, we can knock off anyone.

If the Blues win the 2023 flag, I will be one very happy sherb.

I am a realist however, while it's possible, it's unlikely. But, you just never know.......

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Greatest comeback ever? Blues, Giants break VFL/AFL record - Greatest comeback ever? Blues, Giants break VFL/AFL record

If the Blues win then it is confirmed....the greatest intra-season comeback of all time.

They'd have done it the hard way....beating all the top 4 teams....some of them twice, surely it can't be done?

It ain't possible for a team to be out for the count at round 15 and raising the cup at the end of September?

If the Blues win then it is confirmed....the greatest intra-season comeback of all time.

They'd have done it the hard way....beating all the top 4 teams....some of them twice, surely it can't be done?

It ain't possible for a team to be out for the count at round 15 and raising the cup at the end of September?
Still feels impossible

After 17 rounds in 1989, Canberra were 9-8 in the then NSWRL premiership. They won their last 5 games to scrape into what was then the top 5, and won another 4 sudden death games to win the comp.

That was one of the better efforts I can think of

The Bulldogs ended a long premiership drought in 2016. And they won it from 7th. That includes winning in Perth and in Sydney in the finals AND knocking off the Hawthorn dynasty before winning the big dance as huge underdogs against the minor premiers.

If they could do it then we too have a fighting chance.

For Carlton to win they need Brisbane and probably Collingwood in the gf to both play below their best while Carlton performs at their best in both games.

Our best is as good as anyone's best.
high quality GIF

Richmond's 2019 premiership could be considered a comeback of sorts. Goes under the radar considering how dominant they were in Sept.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back