Votes: 1 0.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

PieLebo87

Hall of Famer
Veteran A Star Wars Fan 10k Posts Cake Connoisseur
Sep 14, 2005
With one round to go until we get into the real stuff. Who do you think will go all the way in September?

Looking at the season as a whole, Collingwood stands out despite their recent form being less than favourable.

You’ve got the Lions continuing to win, and notching a win against Collingwood in Melbourne.

Port, like the Pies, have looked shaky and then the Dees as the ‘dark horse’ of the top 4.

Difference between this year and previous is the form sides of the competition are sitting outside the top 4 in Carlton and GWS.

Can Sydney or St Kilda create a massive upset?

Poll closes before that first final, so who are you tipping to win the flag and why?

A 5-8 placed premier wouldn't be a massive shock. Carlton and St Kilda have the lowest points-against this season. Will be fascinating viewing watching the Saints' defensive structure against the points-for leaders at the Gabbatoir.

Between the top 4 sides, I'm struggling to find a clear outlier. MCG occupancy favours the Pies/Dees, though if Brisbane win tomorrow I can't see both teams getting past the Prelim. The pre-finals bye will benefit the Pies, and Bailey Fritsch's return will add some much needed potency to the Dees' forward line. Petty's injury lowers their chances quite a lot, however.

Port has an elite of the elite midfield, positional versatility across the board, strong bodies and elite shutdown options. And the Lions have a robust system compared to recent years, and are odds on for a clean run to the Grand Final should they win tomorrow.

How are Giants a form team, Port rolled them easily a couple weeks back. They've had a good back half of the year but I don't think they're contenders.
Watch them play. They are very, very good. One away loss doesn't change that.

I'm genuinely shocked to learn that Collingwood haven't won a grand final In September since 1958. 1990 and 2010 were October premierships

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back