If Carlton win the 2023 Flag....

Remove this Banner Ad

Pick the correct numbers and win Tatts also.
Not likely but possible.

I like your choices but not your chances.
Both Lions & Pies have played 1 game in 28 days by the time the weekend comes around.

Blues have not played well(nor poor) for 5 weeks. Lucky to win their 1st 2 finals. I wonder what will happen if we click & Lions feel the pressure.

Pies have been a little imbalanced ever since Cameron, Cox & McStay joining Mihocek have come into the team. Nick hasn't played for 6 weeks. They are playing a full strength in form GWS with not the same expectation & pressure facing the Pies.

Lions have not lost at home & Pies have played to high standard during the year.

But could we see the unthinkable and see 2 teams outside the top 4 make into the GF. I think if it happened, it actually would not be a shock as they have been the in form teams of the 2nd half of the year.

Says the poster who thought Gunston has had a career starved of success...

Ummm no, I never said such a thing. I quoted a poster who mentioned his name among two other players who had little success and you just assumed I included the 3 x premiership player as part of the quoted trio.

Gunston played in one of the greatest teams of the modern era and contributed around 2 goals per game so please, do try again.

Both Lions & Pies have played 1 game in 28 days by the time the weekend comes around.

Blues have not played well(nor poor) for 5 weeks. Lucky to win their 1st 2 finals. I wonder what will happen if we click & Lions feel the pressure.

Pies have been a little imbalanced ever since Cameron, Cox & McStay joining Mihocek have come into the team. Nick hasn't played for 6 weeks. They are playing a full strength in form GWS with not the same expectation & pressure facing the Pies.

Lions have not lost at home & Pies have played to high standard during the year.

But could we see the unthinkable and see 2 teams outside the top 4 make into the GF. I think if it happened, it actually would not be a shock as they have been the in form teams of the 2nd half of the year.
All four teams look to be the best teams in it atm.
Collingwood and Brisbane have been the best teams all year and Carlton and GWS are in great form.
Carlton do look a bit banged up though, so I think they may fall short.

Ummm no, I never said such a thing. I quoted a poster who mentioned his name among two other players who had little success and you just assumed I included the 3 x premiership player as part of the quoted trio.

Gunston played in one of the greatest teams of the modern era and contributed around 2 goals per game so please, do try again.
Ok
Screenshot_20230920-195950.png

Hopefully that would be the catalyst for getting rid of the stupid pre-finals bye.

A GWS flag would be way more impressive than Carlton in my opinion. I rather unwisely had you guys for the spoon, it looked like the players were really unhappy last year, no game plan and I expected this year to be a disaster. What Kingsley has done is incredible.

Carlton on the other hand have simply stopped underachieving. They have a premiership window age and experience demographic, multiple number 1 draft picks, two Coleman Medalists and a Brownlow medalist. It’s an indictment on them that they didn’t play finals last year and were struggling so badly early this season. But still, credit to them for turning it around.

I liken GWS to Collingwood, in that they needed a new coach and still have a very good experienced core.

Yes, and Rich and Zorko have had little to no success :think:

For someone who has just signed up in the past two months, you do know how to follow posters around taking it completely off topic.
I'm not the one who just trawled through my posting history back to July to laugh at a completely reasonable comment.

It would be pretty much exactly the same as our 1945 premiership.

Halfway through the season, two games outside of finals, win 9 of the last 10 games to make finals. Win first final despite having less scoring shots. Win the flag.

IF we win it, the comeback will mirror 1945.

Oh yes, the 1945 premiership. I have fond memories.

Would it be the greatest comeback/flag of all time in the AFL?

Where would it rank in Australian sport?

International sport?
Carlton won't win this week let alone the flag, but it's still a great season from them.

Compared to other sporting achievements in other codes/world sport there'd be many examples, you've basically got an infinite pool.

In the AFL, it would be interesting, what's the most number of games lost in a row from an eventual premier vs the lowest ladder position an eventual premier has come from?

Would it be the greatest comeback/flag of all time in the AFL?

Where would it rank in Australian sport?

International sport?

The Boston Red Sox 2004 ACL finals comeback against the Yankees is probably the all time number 1 from an International Sports standpoint, esp as they broke the Curse of the Bambino and won their first World Series title in 86 years

Remove this Banner Ad

Back