DamoESP

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 2, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
San Antonio Spurs, Dallas Stars
So, anybody else wonder who Eyetime were and why they were the name sponsor of the GP?
If so, read on. Seems like a bit of dodgy business here from Liberty Media....

Mar 20, 2007
AFL Club
West Coast
So, anybody else wonder who Eyetime were and why they were the name sponsor of the GP?

I hope that superimposing sponsor logos (like the Heinneken one around Turn 7) doesn't become a thing because it looks very tacky.

NotAMagpieBogan

Premiership Player
Mar 17, 2014
Vic
AFL Club
Collingwood

Interesting thread that. Found it funny that there were a couple of users defending everything, both with no prior post history, and one being a ‘successful entrepreneur’. Not the first time companies involved in Pyramid schemes have had stuff to do with F1 by the looks of it.

DamoESP

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 2, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
I hope that superimposing sponsor logos (like the Heinneken one around Turn 7) doesn't become a thing because it looks very tacky.

They've been superimposing Rolex on the grass of a corner etc for years. Unless you mean on the track itself (which I mustn't have noticed last night if they did haha)

DamoESP

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 2, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
It wasn't good.
HAHAHA holy s**t, I didn't realise that was super imposed while watching hahahahah, I thought it was an actual structure when I first saw it (like a footbridge), and I must have then just ignored after that.

I mean, I can clearly see its superimposed now, I was pretty tired while watching the race...yeah....thats it...I was tired....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Feb 28, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Baltimore Ravens, Atletico
holy s**t, I didn't realise that was super imposed while watching hahahahah, I thought it was an actual structure when I first saw it
So did I :oops:

Saw it once and thought to myself "What a stupid thing to build on a race track" and then ignored it every other time. Thinking about it now, there is no way that they could build a structure that close to the track so it has to be superimposed. I also would have no idea what that was advertising without it being pointed out that it is linked to Heinekken

I did notice the 3D logo (maybe an F1 logo) that was superimposed on the last corner though

The stuff on the grass is easy to ignore, this though....

F1 2022

tumblr_p8gttzoiJH1qgxab9o1_400.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back