Unofficial Preview Changes v Saints

Remove this Banner Ad

Wait, hold up, a Saints supporter said this? Weren't we two goals down against the Saints with 53 seconds on the clock last year? How'd we go at coming from behind then?
2018 : Sydney, 14 points down at half time; Brisbane, 11 points down at half time; Adelaide, 21 points down at half time, Melbourne, trailed at every change and eight points down at 3/4 time, Carlton, trailed by 6 points at 1/4 time, only led by 2 points at 3/4 time but coming off a scoreless quarter.

I don’t get the lack of DBJ love here...he’s a walk up start to return, Trengove is playing out of position as is bog average anyway.

We’re a much better team with him in than Jack, it’s a no brainer straight swap.

Pittard went off in Q3 with a hamstring on the weekend, the club's injury update doesn't even mention it. Not down as 'test' or 'TBC' or even 'available'. Just nothing.

Doctor Feel u mad?

That's because it wasn't a hamstring. Pittard came off because he felt his hamstrings getting tight and he didn't want to get injured. Prevention is better than cure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pittard went off in Q3 with a hamstring on the weekend, the club's injury update doesn't even mention it. Not down as 'test' or 'TBC' or even 'available'. Just nothing.

Doctor Feel u mad?

I would be if I cared about the fortunes of Pittard. I'm not a lover.

I really hope the coaches don't jump on the Neade merry-go-round again. Been there, did that, it isn't fun anymore. Johnson would offer more, if a small to medium forward is who we want to bring in. He's faster, bigger, stronger, and kicks more goals.

21 disposals with 81% efficiency is why we keep Trengove in the side. Dbj runs in the low 60’s disposal efficiency. We badly need to be better with ball it’s our weakest skill at the moment.
What is Trengoves best position?
He said he hasn’t played back much. If so, then his output and composure in his first game back was even more impressive.
#jacksback

I’m not bothered if DBJ comes straight back in. He was dropped because he was late to training, not because of form.

DBJ is in our best 22 as is Jonas and Watts.

In: DBJ, Jonas, Watts
Out: Hombsch, Marshall, Trengove

I dont want to come across as a Trengove basher, but he played off half back where we play this chip around game and more than half of his touches were in this space. What worried me more was watching him lumber after Carlton forwards when they streamed forward. He is so short on pace that his only real genuine position should be as an inside mid.

We can get away with him playing there against Carlton, maybe even the Saints. However, imagine JT chasing Dan Butler or Castagna at the MCG in a final....

I dont want to come across as a Trengove basher, but he played off half back where we play this chip around game and more than half of his touches were in this space. What worried me more was watching him lumber after Carlton forwards when they streamed forward. He is so short on pace that his only real genuine position should be as an inside mid.

We can get away with him playing there against Carlton, maybe even the Saints. However, imagine JT chasing Dan Butler or Castagna at the MCG in a final....
Some players can make up for their lack of pace with smarts.

Think Greg Phillips in his later years.

I think Trengove is one of those players. He's a footballers footballer and there is always room for those in big games when it tightens up.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Some players can make up for their lack of pace with smarts.

Think Greg Phillips in his later years.

I think Trengove is one of those players. He's a footballers footballer and there is always room for those in big games when it tightens up.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
fair point mate.

He was chasing a Burley around. I’d rather stay in bed too.

Carn. He's a well paid athelete. Let's not make excuses for him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back