Official Team Thread The Roys FFC - Broken Medal Night

Remove this Banner Ad

MV5BM2QyMWRjNzYtOTk5ZC00M2JiLWFhODMtNTM5NWM0M2QzMGYwXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMzI2MDEwNA@@._V1_UY1200_CR162,0,630,1200_AL_.jpg
4502669E00000578-4946660-_We_had_such_happy_memories_Tony_Barber_admitted_he_missed_worki-a-9_1507080577917.jpg

dca960fe942a8e8429146d3cde6cc9a8

I asked 3 classice Australian Icons to host our little community shindig, the all said no. Amazing how much hairwashing goes on, on a Thursday evening.

upload_2018-7-5_15-38-15.png
The beginning of Season 25 saw the mighty Roys opened the season against the reigning premiers, the KohPhi led Baghdad Bombers. The Roys unveiled two of their new recruits for the season, with I Dont Care and Runk pulling on the Baggy’rilla for the first time. To make things a little more scintillating former Roy CALL ME SNAKE, was lining up for the Bombers. What a total TC. The game started with a bang with fitzroybowiedog getting the Roys on the board in the first minute. The Roys held the upper-hand early on, but the class of the Bombers under the experienced leadership of iDon and okeydoke7 allowed them to assert themselves in the second, They pulled away from the Roys getting out to a 35-point lead in the 3rd Quarter. The Roys looked cooked. The Bombers were cruising. Then came Mooch. The veteran orchestrated an avalanche. Of the next 21 shots on goal the Roys had 17, nailing 10.7 to the Bombers 2.2. The Roys came hard and fast, blowing past the Bombers and running away from the Bombers by 18 points.

upload_2018-7-5_15-49-22.png

Attention:
If anyone has an issue with tonights count take it up with xenxen, I Dont Care and Mooch, they were the suckers i roped into doing it.

upload_2018-7-5_15-52-1.png

Round 2, The Roys first game at home, the lush community oval that is the BJO, We unveiled 2 more baby Roys - TedDougChris and _Mike_, taking us to a grand total of 4 new Gorillas. The game started with a flurry, Roys hitting 5 quick goals in the first with some real run and gun. The first quarter would be the exception, not the rule as the game slowed right down and turned into a slog fest. The Roys were held scoreless in the second, but the Bears didn’t capitalize, only managing to take an 8 point lead into Half time. The plodding slow football continued, but the Roys slowly build momentum. Unfortunately for the Roys their kicking was woeful, kicking an atrocious 14 behinds in the second half. The last quarter opened up again, with the qootball going coast to coast several time, Although the Roys had 10 more scoring shots, they only managed to dispatch the Bears by 15 points.

upload_2018-7-5_15-52-32.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Holy s**t, who do I have to pay for those votes in another thing !!!

You can pay me, I had nothing to do with you getting votes but I do like money.

upload_2018-7-5_15-57-1.png

MOOOOOOOOOOOCH!!!

What else needs to be said about this game, except MOOOOOOOOOOCH. 7 big ones, 3 late to put the mighty Roys up in the dying minutes after trailing the Demons all day. ALL DAY. The Demons being driven by sante, Yakker and the man of many words cooney, cooked it at the death. The mighty Roys saw the opening and took it. Mooch bustling through, fitzroybowiedog smashing tackles and the Runk punishing of the flanks. A 1 point win (although Allikat did score one, but a sim decided to deny her the glory of a sealer) means 3 on the trot and the Gorillas are truly up and about for season 25.

upload_2018-7-5_15-57-35.png

And while we are on the subject.....time for our first award the Yippyio Medal (Leading Goalkicker)
goal-umpire-getty-800.jpg

Now for the second season in a row, the beautiful bastard terrorized defense and goal umpire with his rambunctious attitude and raucous kicking technique. This lovely chap, made the qootball umps stick their fingers out a total of 75 times across the season, it's such a glorious thing to behold.

Now get up here Mooch and accept your damn award.

upload_2018-7-5_16-2-43.png
You know what’s better than the Demons cooking it at the death, having the Swamprats fall apart the following week. The Swampies dominated the day with Dingster and philreich giving the Rats time and space for the majority of the game. But you know what, The Roys have figured out how to win games, shocking I know. During the final quarter the Swamprats shat the bed, coughing up a 17-point lead. They heard footsteps and went to water. The Roys almost doubling their score in the final, kicking 6 goals, while the Rats choked. A big final quarter from _Mike_ and last second heroics from Allikat, stole the win for the Roys. 4 in a row baby.

upload_2018-7-5_16-3-16.png

upload_2018-7-5_16-8-9.png
Is this the loss we had to have, probably not, but with confidence riding high after a blistering start to the season, the Roys headed out West to the Colosseum, and got toweled up in a big shootout. The Wonders played their homeground perfectly, pressing wide and running the flanks and leaving us in their dust. SSwans2011, JT_the_Man, Elton Johns Wig, NickCC and newbie SarahSmiles ran riot, basically embarrassing us. They probably should have won by more, but they cruised in sections of the game. xenxen can hold her head up high, she went back to her former stomping ground and crushed it. The Wonders even put 3 players on her, she was so dominant. But alas, we got flogged. But pretty sure we’ll have the last laugh.

upload_2018-7-5_16-8-39.png

View attachment 522769
You know what’s better than the Demons cooking it at the death, having the Swamprats fall apart the following week. The Swampies dominated the day with Dingster and philreich giving the Rats time and space for the majority of the game. But you know what, The Roys have figured out how to win games, shocking I know. During the final quarter the Swamprats shat the bed, coughing up a 17-point lead. They heard footsteps and went to water. The Roys almost doubling their score in the final, kicking 6 goals, while the Rats choked. A big final quarter from _Mike_ and last second heroics from Allikat, stole the win for the Roys. 4 in a row baby.

View attachment 522770
Yay finally on the board

upload_2018-7-5_16-9-38.png
After the Wonders embarrassment the Roys hopped back on the bus, headed out to Coney Island and dismantled the hapless Warriors. Now I hope this was a bunch of Warriors in training, there was little to no fight. They rolled over and gave up as soon as the siren went. BLERN is about the only Warrior that deserves a shout, well maybe former Roys Itsmyshow as well who kicked half the Warriors score. At the other end Mooch, 3KZ is Football and _Mike_ had 13 touches between them but nailed 10.3. xenxen, @I don’t care and the continuing good form of Runk sent the ball lace out consistently to the rampaging forward line. Not to be out done Mobbs was immense in quashing the Warriors attacks. This was a good old fashioned shellacking.

upload_2018-7-5_16-10-7.png

This was a good old fashioned shellacking.

I love nothing more than a good old fashioned shellacking. The new and so called improved shellackings are not the same.

View attachment 522773
After the Wonders embarrassment the Roys hopped back on the bus, headed out to Coney Island and dismantled the hapless Warriors. Now I hope this was a bunch of Warriors in training, there was little to no fight. They rolled over and gave up as soon as the siren went. BLERN is about the only Warrior that deserves a shout, well maybe former Roys Itsmyshow as well who kicked half the Warriors score. At the other end Mooch, 3KZ is Football and _Mike_ had 13 touches between them but nailed 10.3. xenxen, @I don’t care and the continuing good form of Runk sent the ball lace out consistently to the rampaging forward line. Not to be out done Mobbs was immense in quashing the Warriors attacks. This was a good old fashioned shellacking.

View attachment 522774
YES!!!

A VOTE.

LETS CELEBRATE GUYS N GALS!

ANOTHER AWARD

post.jpg.afa4665cc9a85cd8275d5bd50658cf00.jpg

Look at this post, it's beautiful. Now imagine 1000s. Even more beautiful ain't it? the ItsMyShow award is awarded to the player who is our most poster, who posters the mostest.
Now this poster did post the most throughout most of the season, he was the poster who posted the most.

menacing-gif-8.gif

I Dont Care come on up here!!

upload_2018-7-5_16-14-53.png

After a couple of road-trips the Roys returned back to the BJO and kept the juggernaut rolling. The Furies obviously not getting the memo that the Roys are actually playing well, failed to show up in the first quarter. With the Furies no show, _Mike_ slotting 5, Wise Guy Sam inserting himself into the game, the Roys cantered away. The Furies were limp and docile, they would give the Warriors a run for their money in the softness stakes. Even the legendary Wacky Tiger had nothing. The furies as we discovered were a complete shambles in Season 25, was this the tipping point? I hope so. As poor as the Furies were, the Roys were clinical and ruthless. Another thumping, the Roys are truly up and about.

upload_2018-7-5_16-15-21.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back