Official Match Thread Season 37 - Round 5 - Dragons FFC v Roys FFC at Ljp86's Lair

Remove this Banner Ad

Not only we showed up sober, we won. :D Sorry I couldn't be online to congrat Lpj in person, some clown cut the town's internet cable while digging whcih caused the town to go without the internet for 24hrs and I couldn't spam Mobbs with me music. Great win lads. Onwards and upwards from here. :D

2 goals, only 9 touches. Hmmmm..... Me thinks I need to up my bowel movement posting.

Or not....
s**t bro, I thought you were dead? I went to your funeral and everything?

Awkward The Simpsons GIF

Just checking in to see how I went.

#ljp600, let's gooooooo!

Happy #ljp600 week to everyone!!

Hello Roy toys.

How's it hanging?

Happy #ljp600 everyone!

Thanks for saying 'Happy #ljp600' and respecting my religious beliefs. 'Merry #ljp600' was really getting on my nerves.

I was tempted to talk to you about our lord and saviour Ljp86, but pulled myself up.

Looking forward to travelling to Dragon Island for this weekend's match! Ought to be something special with Ljp86 celebrating 600 games. That's pretty impressive - I mean, I wrote the damn game and I still haven't got quite THAT obsessed with it :D

Seems like I built the extra terrace at ljp's lair just in time for a likely influx of onlookers and media for such an occasion.

I'll spam the thread tomorrow morning 'cause I'm a bit tuckered out tonight. It's 11pm after all and I am quite old. So everyone keeps telling me! I only play every second week nowadays just to rest my ageing body. Well, I say that's the reason, but usually I'm just accidentally omitting myself due to my inability to understand wtf I'm doing when I put a Team Sheet together. I've literally not got one right this season, and only through the grace of tigs2010 spotting my stuff-ups in time, have I avoided it being even more of a disaster.

Will be glad to catch up again with the Dragons (not the Dragons but the Dragons) this week. We hope to get back on the winners list. But for this to happen, we will need to try something different, like for instance NOT PLAYING ALL s**t AND STUFF!

Happy 600th birthday Ljp86

Work Hard Play Hard Baby GIF by 60 Second Docs

Ljp86's pre-game interview before game #1000.

Milestones are usually a good excuse to rag on players. But dammit you can't do that with such an upstanding and much loved member of the Sweet FA community like Ljp86.

Bonz I see you finally rediscovered your shooting boots last week. You'd better double check them this week. judge judy has a habit of filling opponent's boots with Lego and TheGoatBaron will probably tie your laces together while you're not looking. On the plus side, Eat Fresh will supply you with all the meatball subs you can eat. Have as many as you like. They're good for you!

Paying homage to the great man Ljp86 :thumbsu:

On the eve of team selection I wanted to give a more officially shoutout to Ljp86 who plays his 600th game this weekend. A lot goes through my head when coming to terms with this. A bloke has sat and endured this silly game for 600 iterations of matchplay? What the actual hell??? I sound like a broken record I'm sure, but again I want to show my greatest appreciation for someone who I think has contributed more towards validating this "project" than perhaps any other!

For those who are comparatively new to the game, let it be remembered that ljp has not only been a stalwart of the Sweet FA since about ... what is it, about Season 4 or 5? And this week is his game 600. A one club player too (as far as I remember). Yes I like to badger him and the Dragons about the "merger incident" but just for him, I'll call it one club :D On top of this, newer players won't know he headed up the stats/ladder thread for so many seasons that my fingers don't even count that high. Especially considering when I respond to an ljp post, I usually only count fingers up to one :D

I know as a bit-part or new player, we all hop in and assume the opposition are nameful but faceless, postful but pointless, NPC to dissassemble during a match thread and then a match day. But here is the best example of why that's completely wrong. ljp's contribution generates as much passion in me for the league and even for my team, as every appearance he makes takes for me a form living evidence that this is a community that people actually enjoy - and that there is some kind of point to it all.

And it just so happened that the stars aligned to have game 600 for the enduring champ be versus the Roys at a time I'm thrust into leadership here - sensational stuff!

I really wanted to put myself into the team this week and get lined up against him. I still might, however the way the selection process is going, I might not select myself at all. (Firstly I am very bad but secondly we have had a fairly strong turnout each week and I don't want to shaft anyone).

But back to ljp86. Seriously, congratulations on this milestone. I sincerely wish you a great game. I hope the Roys win, but perhaps it can be done via a way that ljp plays awesome but everyone else at the Shag... err Dragons ... plays so bad that we still manage to win.

Happy 600th. Ljp86
(I keep going to write @ljp600 and wondering why the tag doesn't work lol)

tumblr_mkj2jmCaa61s4rha3o2_250.gif

_Mike_ , 3KZ is Football , Allikat , Aristotle Pickett , Chezzalenko Reborn , DERRINALPHIL , Dicky Fitzwell , Eat Fresh , Ed_Gein , fitzroybowiedog , JackNah_8 , judge judy , Mooch , MrsEddieBetts , Phar Ace , Pure Grunt , Reardo, royboy2 , Roylion , RU_ , SpecialBruce , TheGoatBaron , tigs2010 , windyhill

The tl;dr version btw is just : That guy is playing his 600th game. I know we want to win, and we love to bag the oppo, but take a moment to respect that massive damn number!

Congratulations Ljp86! Great achievement mate!! Hopefully we get the win for you mate!

Lets get this job done for Ljp86 600th game!!
once upon a time dragon GIF by HULU

Happy Sunday guys and gals, I’ll be posting this game at 2:30pm
Conditions for your match are WARM :sunface:

T2B_ DragoDelph Ljp86 serial_thrilla big_icky
Mobbs Mooch tigs2010 Phar Ace Ed_Gein

Congrats on 600 games Ljp86! Outstanding longevity.
For those still wet behind the ears Ljp was a powerhouse and driving force behind the League for a long time, and no one could beat him in banter. Respect.

Delivery for Ljp86 from Ophidian Old Boys

In recognition of your 600th game please accept this gift from the Spotswood Chancellors Private Cigar selection housed in a 600 Game Anniversary crafted Humidor

View attachment 1918233

We at Spotswood appreciate and recognise excellence and Ljp86 reaching 600 games is just that

Good luck in your 600th, Ljp86 ! We'll be lining up on each other today. Congrats on your milestone!

Congratulations on 600 games Ljp86 :partypooper:

All the best for the 600th Ljp86 looking forward to what the next 600 holds

A huge congrats to Ljp86 on your 600 game milestone. Cant even get my head around how old you must be - no wonder Mobbs wants to play next to your wheelchair.:tearsofjoy:

A huge congrats to Ljp86 on your 600 game milestone. It's an honour to be able to play in the game of which such a fantastic achievement takes place. I hope you enjoy the occasion!

batman the brave and the bold smile GIF

And TheGoatBaron can't even get into the site due to internet problems today, so he texted me something to pass on to Ljp86 as well:
View attachment 1918404

3 : 19.5 {rHFF} - Taking the ball is Ljp86.
3 : 19.54 {rHFF} - Handballs over the top to Pie 4 Life.
3 : 19.58 {rHFF} - Gets hands off within the nick of time.
3 : 20.02 {rHFF} - Boot to ball from Ljp86 under pressure.
3 : 20.07 {rHFF} - Bending baaaaaaaaaaaaack... GOAL. Ljp86's kicked 1.
Dragons FFC : 9.1.55
Roys FFC : 18.14.122

There's a positive at least!

Ljp86 finally has something to celebrate on his big day.

Happy Well Done GIF by Top Talent

Ljp86 CONGRATULATIONS ON A STELLAR AND CONTINUING CAREER.

Ljp86 , 600 games is a mad effort, great job !

Thank you everyone for the kind messages. Unfortunately I wasn't able to participate much in the second half of the thread last week due to various commitments but it has been nice to see the tags and posts throughout the thread.

This competition has grown a lot in the time I have been here, from fairly humble beginnings when I began to the hive of activity it is today and has been for some time now. This is testament to those who helped form the building blocks of the competition and helped set the competition on the path to what it is now many seasons ago to the people who have helped the competition grow on the journey along the way. Without the efforts of those people, the SFA wouldn't be what it is now being in it's 37th season after more than 20 years of existence.

Thanks to everyone again in this thread and across several others last week for the kind words, very much appreciated. :thumbsu:

Not too much can be said about that one, Dragons. The first few minutes were okay but it was a pretty tough day after that. Pie 4 Life, Greenery, big_icky, serial_thrilla and Ligma did their best on the day in what was a difficult outing. Bonz also kept things ticking over up forward when given the opportunity with a tally of four goals.

Certainly not the result we were after but next week is a chance to bounce back and turn things around. :thumbsu:

Go Dragons!! :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back