Carl Williams

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't know much about this but curious as to how he amassed such a huge ATO debt.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

By obviously submitting dodgy tax returns his whole existence , hiding his Ill gotten gains . Drug dealers that which was proven in this case should forfit everything .
So it is good . Anyone that thinks different should have a deeper think .

By obviously submitting dodgy tax returns his whole existence , hiding his Ill gotten gains . Drug dealers that which was proven in this case should forfit everything .
So it is good . Anyone that thinks different should have a deeper think .

His property could have been seized under proceeds of crime but the ATO is probably even harder to fight. He mustn't have been very good at laundering.

His property could have been seized under proceeds of crime but the ATO is probably even harder to fight. He mustn't have been very good at laundering.
It keeps it about him, not about the child of a guy killed in custody.

The ATO is actually very fair, I've heard stories from people struggling who have rung them to arrange a payment plan because they have no money after their basketball team of children and the ATO said not to worry about it, just wiped the $40,000 debt with a click and a "all the best for the future ma'am"

It keeps it about him, not about the child of a guy killed in custody.

The ATO is actually very fair, I've heard stories from people struggling who have rung them to arrange a payment plan because they have no money after their basketball team of children and the ATO said not to worry about it, just wiped the $40,000 debt with a click and a "all the best for the future ma'am"

Is this satire?

I'm sure Carl would have had some "legitimate" income streams, the issue sounds like he didn't have a good enough accountant/got way too greedy.

I think they can be fair but if they get it in for you, not much hope. I've had a couple of queries from the ATO, one over BAS reminders that actually had nothing to do with me but I'd helped someone get into this business and just left him to it. Was sorted out pretty quickly, one click as you said. Another, I got a phone call which I answered on the freeway doing 100kms (my bad) and nearly ran off the road when they said it was the ATO about an online business. hah they can find you anywhere. I don't even know how they got my phone number.

Is this satire?

I'm sure Carl would have had some "legitimate" income streams, the issue sounds like he didn't have a good enough accountant/got way too greedy.

It's not satire.
The facts are he died in custody, he made money off illegal ventures.
The allegations are that he made a deal with the police to wipe his debt in exchange for testimony against others, potentially what got him killed, that the police made him believe they were able to offer that deal, they cancelled the deal after his death, the ATO denies involvement.

It's potentially a more interesting plot for True Detective 3. Cops hate him, he hates the cops, both think they are using each other to get what they want, I'd write it so someone orders him killed but you don't find out whether it was the police covering their tracks on a deal they made with him, the people he was selling out or even his family.

It's not satire.
The facts are he died in custody, he made money off illegal ventures.
The allegations are that he made a deal with the police to wipe his debt in exchange for testimony against others, potentially what got him killed, that the police made him believe they were able to offer that deal, they cancelled the deal after his death, the ATO denies involvement.

It's potentially a more interesting plot for True Detective 3. Cops hate him, he hates the cops, both think they are using each other to get what they want, I'd write it so someone orders him killed but you don't find out whether it was the police covering their tracks on a deal they made with him, the people he was selling out or even his family.
I meant the story about the ATO wiping a 40k debt for no reason. I know of several people (myself included) they have gone after for insignificant amounts, chased and hounded then after months of back and forth offer to settle the case for half the amount they think they are owed. At which point even if you think you have done nothing wrong you pay to avoid the time and cost associated with fighting it.

I meant the story about the ATO wiping a 40k debt for no reason. I know of several people (myself included) they have gone after for insignificant amounts, chased and hounded then after months of back and forth offer to settle the case for half the amount they think they are owed. At which point even if you think you have done nothing wrong you pay to avoid the time and cost associated with fighting it.

Centrelink Robodebt springs to mind, just pay it

She was extra lucky then. As soon as she explained that she had kids, medical issues and the tax money was wanted from workers compensation after her husband was injured at work - wiped clean.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

She was extra lucky then. As soon as she explained that she had kids, medical issues and the tax money was wanted from workers compensation after her husband was injured at work - wiped clean.
Damn, should have said my Nonna was dead (sorry Nonna).

Damn, should have said my Nonna was dead (sorry Nonna).

Speaking of Nonna's, I do know someone who was raided by the ATO and they even took his Nanna's paintings off the walls. It was said thereafter, they'd rather have been woken up by the Armed Robbbery Squad

I find it interesting that Roberta is continually referred to at Carl Williams' widow. If they were divorced does that still make it so?

The divorce was obviously a sham to do with money and trying to protect Roberta or Dhakota or something. She used to come in just as much, if not more after the divorce, she even used to bring in her shitbag, junkie boyfriend with her. She was a nasty piece of work to deal with and unfortunately, because he was co-operating with the coppers, she basically got away with things that regular visitors wouldn't. It used to shit me no end, a complete lack of integrity all round.

I find it interesting that Roberta is continually referred to at Carl Williams' widow. If they were divorced does that still make it so?

The divorce was obviously a sham to do with money and trying to protect Roberta or Dhakota or something. She used to come in just as much, if not more after the divorce, she even used to bring in her shitbag, junkie boyfriend with her. She was a nasty piece of work to deal with and unfortunately, because he was co-operating with the coppers, she basically got away with things that regular visitors wouldn't. It used to shit me no end, a complete lack of integrity all round.
She probably craved the notoriety and without Carl she's a nobody. Of course, what does Dhakota have to do with anything? Why have a program (60 Minutes of all things, not that it's a patch on what it was originally) dedicated to her? I didn't watch it out of principal, plus, who cares what she thinks.

You might get a laugh out of this then Herne. When she was trying to flog her book, she hired personal bodyguards for a presentation at one of the better strip clubs :sweatsmile: in King Street for a terrible event flop. Must have thought she'd be mobbed by fans. Said bodyguards mocked her all the way back home in the car and then she tried to pay them. With a book.

You'd think like most gangsters wives who were basically clueless and/or uninvolved when their marriage falls apart, they keep their heads down, distance and try to re-establish a nice quiet life. Easier said than done I think but Roberta looks like she didn't even try. Had to laugh, she's on 60Mins saying all the right things "anti violence blah blah" and it goes to a clip of her at a funeral slapping into some girl sitting on a bench screaming "ya cheap hoe!" or similar.

Of course, what does Dhakota have to do with anything? Why have a program (60 Minutes of all things, not that it's a patch on what it was originally) dedicated to her?

I watched some of it, she seems like a really sweet girl but whose chances for marrying a nice straight guy may have been slightly further diminished after the 60 Mins program.

Mick Gatto said in his book she approached him after carl died or jailed and asked for money, he she said had more dash then carl and should have been a bloke.

Mick showed up at a funeral couple of years ago with his own camera crew apparently so hmmmm .... Didn't go down well.

I watched some of it, she seems like a really sweet girl but whose chances for marrying a nice straight guy may have been slightly further diminished after the 60 Mins program.
So you reckon she might marry a nice gay guy? The plot thickens! What did the little gangster's daughter do that'd turn guys off even further or did she come across as an airhead like her parents?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back