Scam White Collar Crime

Remove this Banner Ad

IAMDASH

All Australian
Mar 7, 2001
Melbourne
This type of crime is underrepresented on this board. Given that another $60M Ponzi has just reared its head in Victoria, let's discuss White Collar Crime here!

Last edited:

Google makes me believe it's this

Which would be white collar crime...

Thanks for posting hadn’t heard of this one. Love a good ponzi.

I found the Hamish McLaren ponzi detailed in the podcast “Who the hell is Hamish?” Very interesting.

And the recent doco on Madoff on Netflix was decent.

Thanks for posting hadn’t heard of this one. Love a good ponzi.

I found the Hamish McLaren ponzi detailed in the podcast “Who the hell is Hamish?” Very interesting.

And the recent doco on Madoff on Netflix was decent.
Never heard of McLaren. Will have to check it out.

I too am fascinated by a Ponzi. Names that come to mind are Vlahos, Stanford, Madoff.

Who else is out there?

I too am fascinated by a Ponzi. Names that come to mind are Vlahos, Stanford, Madoff.

Who else is out there?

While it wasn't exactly the first time anybody did it, meet Charles Ponzi.

Mugshots of Charles Ponzi.

In the tale of 1920s Charles Ponzi, it wasn’t just the size of the swindle but the speed with which it was done. Ponzi made an estimated $15 million in eight months by convincing lenders he could make them rich with investments in international postal reply coupons. His story was so infamous that the basics of the pyramid scheme – take money from a new investor to pay back an old one – began to carry his name, despite the fact that he wasn’t the first to do it.

Who else is out there?

The Vlahos one was nuts. Any semi smart punter could have told you that what he was doing wasn’t feasible, but he kept it so secret I guess there wasn’t enough feedback. But so many got swindled it was amazing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks for posting. Never heard of him. But bloody hell, just goes to show what money can buy… Hello Miranda Kerr! What the hell was she thinking?
The guys who wrote the book about him have the ultimate white collar crime site.
Follow the money is their motto.
Whale Hunting

Last edited:
Joel Macdonald. Come on down...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back