Current WAR CRIMES Israel - Hamas Conflict

Remove this Banner Ad

Since the start of the 2023 war on 7 October 2023, the UN Human Rights Council has identified "clear evidence" of war crimes by both Hamas and the Israel Defence Forces. A UN Commission to the Israel-Palestine conflict stated that there is "clear evidence that war crimes may have been committed in the latest explosion of violence in Israel and Gaza, and all those who have violated international law and targeted civilians must be held accountable. On 27 October, a spokesperson for the OCHR called for an independent court to review potential war crimes committed by both sides.

Hamas killed approximately 1200 people on October 7 and nearly 500 IDF since
Israel has killed approximately 20,000 people and climbing

HAMAS & OTHER MILITANT GROUPS (Allegations)

Massacres
Targeting of Civilians
Hostage Taking
Perfidy - The Use of Human Shields
Genocide
Indiscriminate Rocket Attacks
Disguising Military Units
Military Use of Hospitals
Gender Based Sexual Violence

ISRAEL (Allegations)

Indiscriminate Attacks (Including on schools & refugee camps)
Mass Casualty Air Strikes
Genocide
Destruction of Religious Sites
Collective Punishment * Wilfully impeding relief supplies, fuel & water, cutting off water & electricity
Violations of Medical Neutrality * Bombing hospitals under protected status & ambulances
Forced Evacuation
The Use of White Phosphorous
Executions of Surrendered People
Abuse & Humiliation of Detainees
Targeting of Journalists

Please keep it civil thanks, on topic, and read the rules of the crime board before engaging. It's hard but let's aim for objectivity.

Israel also killed 2 Christian women:

Also lots of allegations that they have been deliberately targeting journalists.

Collective punishment covers a lot of different allegations of deliberate deprivation of basic human necessities.

I agree with the Hamas list, but would suggest that Targeting of Civilians applies to both sides.

Are Hamas, Hezbollah and others alleged to have committed the same list of crimes? I suspect if these crimes ever make it to prosecution at The Hague, there would be a slightly different list of charges against different militant groups.

But I'd bet London to a brick that no one from IDF or Israeli govt will ever even be charged. For the US, Gazans are expendable and of no worth to them, other Arab countries seem indifferent, and any European push to charge both sides will face significant pressure from the US (unless Trump wins the next election, in which case there'll be even less desire on their part to challenge Israel).

Israel also killed 2 Christian women:

Also lots of allegations that they have been deliberately targeting journalists.

Collective punishment covers a lot of different allegations of deliberate deprivation of basic human necessities.

I agree with the Hamas list, but would suggest that Targeting of Civilians applies to both sides.

Are Hamas, Hezbollah and others alleged to have committed the same list of crimes? I suspect if these crimes ever make it to prosecution at The Hague, there would be a slightly different list of charges against different militant groups.

But I'd bet London to a brick that no one from IDF or Israeli govt will ever even be charged. For the US, Gazans are expendable and of no worth to them, other Arab countries seem indifferent, and any European push to charge both sides will face significant pressure from the US (unless Trump wins the next election, in which case there'll be even less desire on their part to challenge Israel).

The targeting of civilians on the Israeli side isn't specifically listed within the link yet, mass casualties from a 2,000lb bomb on an apartment building might cover part of it.

There's one kind of odd reference to Israel stealing body parts that I shied away from listing. When I first saw it over social media, I had a look around and thought it was a conspiracy theory. The IDF digging up 80 bodies from Al Shifa grounds and returning them with missing organs seemed a bit of a stretch, if the story of them taking them away wouldn't have come out of nowhere.

Weird.

I am following this in the New York Times...it's truly horrific the war crimes.
The New York Times articles are copied by both the AGE and the Australian Newspapers.
Currently reading a good article on why the IMD were not prepared at all.

This is WAR CRIMES spelt out very clearly below.
I will put up one of my limited gift shares here so the link should work.
Warning it is absolutely horrific and you should know before reading it, it is very very upsetting.
Kurve I don't know if you want to pre-read this before letting it stay on the feed so I will alert you now.

Yes, I've read it but it actually still doesn't cover the worst of it. I made the mistake of watching some of the restricted GoPro footage thinking I couldn't possibly see any worse than I already have over the years and I was wrong.
I wouldn't want to see it. Is it of interest to post this article today in the NYT...on why they weren't prepared for the Hamas attack...I think I've got another free gift article left? If interested let me know?

Anything is better than nothing. Unfortunately, unless America stops giving them money, they won't stop this criminal atrocity.

It's too late I think, this to me looks 'unliveable'.

By mid-December, Israel had dropped 29,000 bombs, munitions and shells on the strip. Nearly 70% of Gaza’s 439,000 homes and about half of its buildings have been damaged or destroyed. The bombing has damaged Byzantine churches and ancient mosques, factories and apartment buildings, shopping malls and luxury hotels, theaters and schools. Much of the water, electrical, communications and healthcare infrastructure that made Gaza function is beyond repair.

If you can read the comment sections, particularly on 'Where was the Israeli military' article they are very interesting.
There is one pointing out that they knew so much stuff but let it all happen because they do want to destroy Gaza so they can build the canal straight through it and by pass the Arab controlled Suez canal.

The first casualty in a war is Truth.
And many truths can exist at the same time of course.
I do not want to get drawn into commenting on either side of this conflict as I despise war.
Aware that it would be easy to say that the NYT is a mouth peice but I am seeing better reporting and they are reporting both sides.....I believe that the NYT's has the resources that many media don't.
I am also aware that many journalist's on the ground have been killed.
I do not know how much the truth(s) have been manipulated.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you can read the comment sections, particularly on 'Where was the Israeli military' article they are very interesting.
There is one pointing out that they knew so much stuff but let it all happen because they do want to destroy Gaza so they can build the canal straight through it and by pass the Arab controlled Suez canal.

The first casualty in a war is Truth.
And many truths can exist at the same time of course.
I do not want to get drawn into commenting on either side of this conflict as I despise war.
Aware that it would be easy to say that the NYT is a mouth peice but I am seeing better reporting and they are reporting both sides.....I believe that the NYT's has the resources that many media don't.
I am also aware that many journalist's on the ground have been killed.
I do not know how much the truth(s) have been manipulated.

Agree, the propaganda's flying thick and fast. About 90 journalists killed, some say they're being targeted. Israel might say that Hamas use 'PRESS' vests for protection.

Men were also victims of sexual violence, if it was predominantly women targeted. I noticed the NYT didn't mention that, there might be a reason for it.

Agree, the propaganda's flying thick and fast. About 90 journalists killed, some say they're being targeted. Israel might say that Hamas use 'PRESS' vests for protection.

Men were also victims of sexual violence, if it was predominantly women targeted. I noticed the NYT didn't mention that, there might be a reason for it.
It was mentioned in the comments section about men too but only one passing ref in the article.

I've been trying to get across this. With Hamas as the government in Gaza, their leadership and individual criminal acts could be prosecuted under the same rules?

Israel reportedly hits aid convoy, and thousands cram into Gaza's most densely populated areas as strikes continue​

The United Nations agency for Palestinian refugees, UNRWA, said on Friday that an aid convoy came under fire from the Israeli military, without suffering any casualties.

"Israeli soldiers fired at an aid convoy as it returned from northern Gaza along a route designated by the Israeli army," UNRWA's director in Gaza, Tom White, wrote on social media platform X.

"Our international convoy leader and his team were not injured, but one vehicle sustained damage."
The Israeli military said it was looking into the incident.

Israel reportedly hits aid convoy, and thousands cram into dense Gaza areas as strikes continue

Israel reportedly hits aid convoy, and thousands cram into Gaza's most densely populated areas as strikes continue​

The United Nations agency for Palestinian refugees, UNRWA, said on Friday that an aid convoy came under fire from the Israeli military, without suffering any casualties.

"Israeli soldiers fired at an aid convoy as it returned from northern Gaza along a route designated by the Israeli army," UNRWA's director in Gaza, Tom White, wrote on social media platform X.

"Our international convoy leader and his team were not injured, but one vehicle sustained damage."
The Israeli military said it was looking into the incident.

Israel reportedly hits aid convoy, and thousands cram into dense Gaza areas as strikes continue

Almost standard practice for the IDF now, shoot anything that moves.

Israel bombed a car in Lebanon killing women and children, HRW wants it investigated.

More to the story is that the children's uncle, Samir Ayoub was travelling in another vehicle in front of the car that was bombed. Ayoub is a journalist who is usually based in Moscow and has strong opinions.

So, I'm wondering if Israel bombed the wrong vehicle and the target was Ayoub. In which case then yes, they are targeting journalists?

HRW Lebanon: Israeli Strike an Apparent War Crime

MEMRI

Israel bombed a car in Lebanon killing women and children, HRW wants it investigated.

More to the story is that the children's uncle, Samir Ayoub was travelling in another vehicle in front of the car that was bombed. Ayoub is a journalist who is usually based in Moscow and has strong opinions.

So, I'm wondering if Israel bombed the wrong vehicle and the target was Ayoub. In which case then yes, they are targeting journalists?

HRW Lebanon: Israeli Strike an Apparent War Crime

MEMRI
NYTimes today.......

Current time in:
Gaza City Jan. 3, 12:38 a.m.
LIVEUpdated
Jan. 2, 2024, 5:18 p.m. ET19 minutes ago
19 minutes ago

Israel-Hamas WarBlast in Beirut Kills Senior Hamas Leader​

Hamas confirmed that Saleh al-Arouri, the group’s top deputy, had been killed in the explosion, along with two leaders of the group’s armed wing. Two U.S. officials said Israel was responsible for the strike.

• Here are the latest developments.

The deputy head of Hamas, Saleh al-Arouri, and two leaders of its armed wing were killed in an explosion in Lebanon on Tuesday that the group described as a “Zionist raid.”

Hamas’s leader, Ismail Haniyeh, said in a televised address that seven members of the group had been killed in the strike in a suburb of Beirut, the Lebanese capital. Videos from the scene verified by The New York Times show at least one car engulfed in flames in front of a high-rise building as dozens of people gather in the area.

The office of Israel’s prime minister, Benjamin Netanyahu, did not immediately comment and a military spokesman declined to discuss the matter during a briefing on Tuesday night. But two senior U.S. officials confirmed that Israel was responsible for the strike.
    One official, who spoke on condition of anonymity to discuss sensitive internal discussions, said it was most likely the first of many covert strikes Israel will carry out against Hamas officials or operatives with any connections to the deadly Oct. 7 assault that killed 1,200 people.
    Mr. al-Arouri was a founder of Hamas’s military wing, the Qassam Brigades, and was elected the deputy chairman of the group’s political bureau in October 2017. His official role was head of Hamas in the West Bank and deputy to Mr. Haniyeh, but regional security officials said that Mr. al-Arouri spent much of his time in recent years in Beirut, where he served as a sort of ambassador to Hezbollah, the politically powerful Lebanese armed group.
    Mr. Haniyeh said two leaders of its armed wing, Samir Findi and Azzam al-Aqra, were among those killed in the blast, which Lebanon’s civil defense agency said occurred just before 6 p.m. local time.
    The Hamas leader said the strike had violated Lebanon’s sovereignty. Israel, he added, “will not succeed in its attempts to break our people’s will to persevere.”
    Here is what else to know:
    • Israel’s military said it had begun withdrawing some troops from Gaza, part of a planned pullout of roughly five brigades. It did not offer details. But heavy fighting appeared to continue, with the military saying it had conducted several targeted operations across Gaza in the last few days, killing “dozens” of Hamas fighters.
    • A day after a landmark ruling by Israel’s Supreme Court challenged Mr. Netanyahu’s right-wing government, the country’s leaders appeared on Tuesday to want to avoid any immediate constitutional crisis during wartime. Analysts said that initial signals from Mr. Netanyahu’s conservative Likud party and right-wing allies about the need for national unity indicated that they might decline, at least until the war with Hamas is over, to take further steps to rein in the court.
    • In a narrow 8-7 decision, the judges struck down a law that Mr. Netanyahu’s government passed to limit the judiciary’s powers. The law had barred justices from using the concept of “reasonableness” as a legal standard to strike down government decisions. Its passage in July set off large-scale protests, led by Israeli liberals.
    • But the far more consequential part of Monday’s Supreme Court ruling, experts said, was the broader decision that justices have the authority to strike down Basic Laws if they harm the fundamental tenets of the Jewish and democratic character of the state. That precedent-setting part of the ruling passed by an overwhelming majority of 12 of the court’s 15 justices, with a 13th wavering.
    • Israel’s military said on Monday evening that there was a plan for the gradual return of Israeli residents to communities more than 2.5 miles from the border with Gaza, with additional defensive and emergency response measures. Several communities near the border were devastated in the Oct. 7 attacks.

NYTimes today.......

Current time in:
Gaza City Jan. 3, 12:38 a.m.
LIVEUpdated
Jan. 2, 2024, 5:18 p.m. ET19 minutes ago
19 minutes ago

Israel-Hamas WarBlast in Beirut Kills Senior Hamas Leader​

Hamas confirmed that Saleh al-Arouri, the group’s top deputy, had been killed in the explosion, along with two leaders of the group’s armed wing. Two U.S. officials said Israel was responsible for the strike.

• Here are the latest developments.

The deputy head of Hamas, Saleh al-Arouri, and two leaders of its armed wing were killed in an explosion in Lebanon on Tuesday that the group described as a “Zionist raid.”

Hamas’s leader, Ismail Haniyeh, said in a televised address that seven members of the group had been killed in the strike in a suburb of Beirut, the Lebanese capital. Videos from the scene verified by The New York Times show at least one car engulfed in flames in front of a high-rise building as dozens of people gather in the area.

The office of Israel’s prime minister, Benjamin Netanyahu, did not immediately comment and a military spokesman declined to discuss the matter during a briefing on Tuesday night. But two senior U.S. officials confirmed that Israel was responsible for the strike.
    One official, who spoke on condition of anonymity to discuss sensitive internal discussions, said it was most likely the first of many covert strikes Israel will carry out against Hamas officials or operatives with any connections to the deadly Oct. 7 assault that killed 1,200 people.
    Mr. al-Arouri was a founder of Hamas’s military wing, the Qassam Brigades, and was elected the deputy chairman of the group’s political bureau in October 2017. His official role was head of Hamas in the West Bank and deputy to Mr. Haniyeh, but regional security officials said that Mr. al-Arouri spent much of his time in recent years in Beirut, where he served as a sort of ambassador to Hezbollah, the politically powerful Lebanese armed group.
    Mr. Haniyeh said two leaders of its armed wing, Samir Findi and Azzam al-Aqra, were among those killed in the blast, which Lebanon’s civil defense agency said occurred just before 6 p.m. local time.
    The Hamas leader said the strike had violated Lebanon’s sovereignty. Israel, he added, “will not succeed in its attempts to break our people’s will to persevere.”
    Here is what else to know:
    • Israel’s military said it had begun withdrawing some troops from Gaza, part of a planned pullout of roughly five brigades. It did not offer details. But heavy fighting appeared to continue, with the military saying it had conducted several targeted operations across Gaza in the last few days, killing “dozens” of Hamas fighters.
    • A day after a landmark ruling by Israel’s Supreme Court challenged Mr. Netanyahu’s right-wing government, the country’s leaders appeared on Tuesday to want to avoid any immediate constitutional crisis during wartime. Analysts said that initial signals from Mr. Netanyahu’s conservative Likud party and right-wing allies about the need for national unity indicated that they might decline, at least until the war with Hamas is over, to take further steps to rein in the court.
    • In a narrow 8-7 decision, the judges struck down a law that Mr. Netanyahu’s government passed to limit the judiciary’s powers. The law had barred justices from using the concept of “reasonableness” as a legal standard to strike down government decisions. Its passage in July set off large-scale protests, led by Israeli liberals.
    • But the far more consequential part of Monday’s Supreme Court ruling, experts said, was the broader decision that justices have the authority to strike down Basic Laws if they harm the fundamental tenets of the Jewish and democratic character of the state. That precedent-setting part of the ruling passed by an overwhelming majority of 12 of the court’s 15 justices, with a 13th wavering.
    • Israel’s military said on Monday evening that there was a plan for the gradual return of Israeli residents to communities more than 2.5 miles from the border with Gaza, with additional defensive and emergency response measures. Several communities near the border were devastated in the Oct. 7 attacks.
This isn't a crime IMO. Hamas attacked Israel, committed atrocities and war crimes, and deserve to be defeated and destroyed. Killing 10,000+ civilians, on the other hand...

This isn't a crime IMO. Hamas attacked Israel, committed atrocities and war crimes, and deserve to be defeated and destroyed. Killing 10,000+ civilians, on the other hand...

First time they've struck so deep in to Lebanon, Beirut. It's a sign they're not going to let up. imo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back