Abortion

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm pro-abortion.

So long as tax payers don't have to contribute a cent to it.

You are letting your ideology get in the way of common sense.

Tax payer funded/assisted abortions would surely lighten the load on the welfare system later down the track compared to an unwanted child that parents don't really care for.

You are letting your ideology get in the way of common sense.

Tax payer funded/assisted abortions would surely lighten the load on the welfare system later down the track compared to an unwanted child that parents don't really care for.

But why should those who are against it contribute to it?

If you want a tooth removed you have to pay for it. If you want a foetus removed, you should pay for it.

That's common sense.

This mind set that Governments and tax payers need to pick up the bill for peoples lifestyle decisions needs to stop.

But why should those who are against it contribute to it?

If you want a tooth removed you have to pay for it. If you want a foetus removed, you should pay for it.

That's common sense.

This mind set that Governments and tax payers need to pick up the bill for peoples lifestyle decisions needs to stop.
Government's heavily subsidies every child, including your's. The quickest and easiest way to become one of Sloppy Joe's mythical "leaners" is have kids.

Government's heavily subsidies every child, including your's. The quickest and easiest way to become one of Sloppy Joe's mythical "leaners" is have kids.

We have private insurance and send our kids to private schools. We took as much responsibility for breeding as we could.

We didn't breed until we had set in place a scenario where we could afford to support a child.

It's called personal responsibility.

I have no issue with rape, sexual assault victims or the absolute poorest of the poor receiving such a service for free, but middle class people can ggf and pay for it themselves. This nations middle class welfare is a vote buying rort.

You've got plenty of time. Life changes really quickly, you never know who you're going to meet tommorrow. Who will change your life.

Its pretty clear from what you've posted you've made the right decision. One has to be able to look after themselves before they can look after someone else. Child rearing is about teaching. At 18 you have so much to learn. I know a few teenage mother's, they lose out on a lot. So does the child.

My mother hates my sister for having an abortion. It would of been my mother's first grandchild. It was a dead end relationship and she had a career. He was abusive

Not good.
I didn’t think about what it would do to my life, I thought about what it would do to the babies life. What could I provide? How would I give that child what it deserves? I couldn’t.

I told my mum 8 years later and she was shocked, couldn’t believe I did it alone. Given she would have killed me I thought it was pretty obvious as to why she didn’t get the memo.

I didn’t think about what it would do to my life, I thought about what it would do to the babies life. What could I provide? How would I give that child what it deserves? I couldn’t.

I told my mum 8 years later and she was shocked, couldn’t believe I did it alone. Given she would have killed me I thought it was pretty obvious as to why she didn’t get the memo.
I lived with two girls who had abortions and saw what they went through, particularly Theresa who was Irish Catholic. It made me even more pro choice because in my experience it's not something that's done lightly.

I lived with two girls who had abortions and saw what they went through, particularly Theresa who was Irish Catholic. It made me even more pro choice because in my experience it's not something that's done lightly.
I’ve never made a harder decision and I’m sure most people who have been through it feel the same.

I’ve never made a harder decision and I’m sure most people who have been through it feel the same.

Would you be in favour of increased sexual education in schools? In the hope better education can help people avoid heart ache you've experienced?

Would you be in favour of increased sexual education in schools? In the hope better education can help people avoid heart ache you've experienced?
I knew the risk, it wasn’t intentional.

Because having a baby is not a small undertaking. It tips your world upside emotionally, financially, physically...and that's when it's a wanted pregnancy and baby.

I think it's a very brave decision to terminate an unwanted pregnancy rather than subject the child to a life of heartache, financial distress, or worse.

Because having a baby is not a small undertaking. It tips your world upside emotionally, financially, physically...and that's when it's a wanted pregnancy and baby.

I think it's a very brave decision to terminate an unwanted pregnancy rather than subject the child to a life of heartache, financial distress, or worse.

I had a partner try and give me a kid because I didn't have one. For the reasons you've mentioned, is why I refused.

We weren't in the position to cover the kids next 20 years.

That was the beginning of the end for her.

Validation of my stand.

She went fat become violent and moved states.

Where would the kids be now 14 years later? Probably starting high school on pych drugs

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is the same logic used to support euthanasia, as though somehow if life doesn't meet a particular standard, it becomes less valuable. None of those things are worse than death.

Furthermore, there are plenty of couples in this country that are eagerly, longingly waiting to adopt a child - thereby offering a child at least one way out of "heartache, financial distress, or worse".

Where do you draw the line at what is and isn't "God's will"?
I draw the line at god doesnt exist so peole can * off with the line about his will

Unless he left me an island, then Im totes onboard

This is the same logic used to support euthanasia, as though somehow if life doesn't meet a particular standard, it becomes less valuable. None of those things are worse than death.

Furthermore, there are plenty of couples in this country that are eagerly, longingly waiting to adopt a child - thereby offering a child at least one way out of "heartache, financial distress, or worse".
Adoption in this country is incredibly expensive and very rare.

I wonder just out of interest how many babies were put up for adoption in Australia last year? Probably not many.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back