AFL R20: Brisbane v North Melbourne 2:10 p.m. AEST @Gabba - The North remembers!

Who will win?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

If seen more than one example around, and quoted one. I wasn't citing you specifically.
O, I didn’t just mean me, but it’s all just semantics at this stage.

Best of luck for next year, I’m sure we’ll see your mob pushing for finals. You guys do rebuilds better than Carlton or GC.

I mean yeah, maybe this time. Hopefully.
You’ve balanced decent experienced players and gathered elite youth, that’s how you do it best. Our kids in Simpkin and Ahern (with a tag of sorts) struggled against the likes of Beams and Robinson today in the clearances, this shows that you have good midfield depth and experience needed in a rebuild.

Carlton don’t have decent experienced mid tier players.

You’ve balanced decent experienced players and gathered elite youth, that’s how you do it best. Our kids in Simpkin and Ahern (with a tag of sorts) struggled against the likes of Beams and Robinson today in the clearances, this shows that you have good midfield depth and experience needed in a rebuild.

Carlton don’t have decent experienced mid tier players.
The signs are there, but as a veteran of 14 years of rebuilds, the fat lady has not sung yet.

She is good and plump though.

A clunky error riddled poorly officiated game of football.

I'm amazed we could play so bad and still actually win it.

As for the opposition, it's disappointing to see Fagan instill that putrid keeping's off drivel that he learned at Hawthorn upon such a talented young line up. They should ditch him at the end of the year.

I used to always like Jack Ziebell but never knew he flopped as much as he does. Constantly throwing the head back and staging for free kicks. So much for being a tough guy....

Hilarious, considering the amount of Brisbane players throwing their heads back in the second half when the wind blew on them, forced me to seek out the closest urinal and projectile vomit.

As for the opposition, it's disappointing to see Fagan instill that putrid keeping's off drivel that he learned at Hawthorn upon such a talented young line up. They should ditch him at the end of the year.
Come on Snake! You're fishing surely?

EqualGrandioseAsianporcupine-max-1mb.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Come on Snake! You're fishing surely?

EqualGrandioseAsianporcupine-max-1mb.gif

I can't see Brisbane attracting any new fans up North with that rubbish "keepings off" game plan they utilised yesterday.

Your side effectively ran the clock down on it's own chances in the last quarter of yesterdays match.

Some really harsh comments on young Rayner. Perhaps some forget that he is 18 years old and in a pressure cooker. Was't necessarily the wrong option but just poor execution. Will learn from it but a few people need to have a long hard look at themselves abusing a young guy just coming out of u18 footy.

A kid in his first season got nervous in a clutch situation. There's nothing remotely new about that. He'll be a very good player.

It was an appalling free kick in the first place.

I can't see Brisbane attracting any new fans up North with that rubbish "keepings off" game plan they utilised yesterday.

Your side effectively ran the clock down on it's own chances in the last quarter of yesterdays match.

You do what you can when the opposition floods. Ben Brown was kicking back in from an OOF into your back pocket at one point. Can’t say that’s an attractive method of playing the game either.

You do what you can when the opposition floods. Ben Brown was kicking back in from an OOF into your back pocket at one point. Can’t say that’s an attractive method of playing the game either.

Oh, the irony.

Brown had to go somewhere to attempt to avoid 3 opponents.

You're not even a little bit right hahahahah

Go look at our points for tally on the ladder. We've scored more than half the competition because we play an attacking, exciting brand of football and always look to use the corridor if it's available.

Can't see us getting any new fans lol. A team that's been down for 15 years and is now showing more than just glimpses of elite talent and real winning potential won't get any new fans through the door you reckon? That's dumb as s**t mate.

We didn't run out of time so much as we failed to capitalise on the chances we had. There were more than enough chances there for us to win that game.

North deserved the win. We started the game off horribly and they beat us well in the second.

I’m generally a Ben Brown fan, but Jesus he just played for free kicks yesterday. Umpires were clearly onto. He was getting beaten so just stopped trying and put the arms up looking for a free kick all day. Might have ended up with more than the one goal if he actually had put in some effort.

Rayner’s stuff up was costly. But he’ll learn from the experience. Could tell he was generally devastated.

I’m generally a Ben Brown fan, but Jesus he just played for free kicks yesterday. Umpires were clearly onto. He was getting beaten so just stopped trying and put the arms up looking for a free kick all day. Might have ended up with more than the one goal if he actually had put in some effort.

Pretty amazing considering how red hot they were in handing out free kicks yesterday.

Brown's treatment by the opposition is not in the true spirit of the game, and if you think he was "beaten", then at least be honest enough to admit he was "beaten" by 2-3 opponents.

In fact, the reason I believe we actually won the match is because the Lions put so much work in to Brown and let other North forwards loose to score goals. Look no further than Jarrard Waites 2 x "Joe the Goose" goals. His opponent dropped off him to go to Brown.

Hilarious, considering the amount of Brisbane players throwing their heads back in the second half when the wind blew on them, forced me to seek out the closest urinal and projectile vomit.

Ziebell and Brown were very ordinary the way they staged for free kicks. Both very good players and don't need to do it. Was a good game but don't pretend North didn't get there share of fortunate free kicks.

Ziebell and Brown were very ordinary the way they staged for free kicks. Both very good players and don't need to do it.

The umpires set the tone early in the match, and Brown is molested on a serial basis.

They should have won your side the match for the appalling free kick that was paid against Thompson to Rayner.

I have lost count of the amount of times a player played 100 minutes of football simply dedicated to blocking Brown's run at the football, whilst feigning to mark, only so another zoning defender can cut across the front of him to mark.

If he had been paid 50% of the free kicks he has been jibbed this year for this blatant cheating, he would have 80 goals right now.

Was a good game but don't pretend North didn't get there share of fortunate free kicks.

It was a RUBBISH game of football.

A clunky error riddled poorly officiated game of football.

I'm amazed we could play so bad and still actually win it.

Wow. Really?

Team down the bottom rebuilding through young talent and trying to play through the corridor and quick ball movement and you arrive at that conclusion. See if your still saying that in a few years?

Back