Politics Hypocrisy of The Right.

Remove this Banner Ad

Is this like when you recently quoted Jeff Kennett but were unable to provide the source?

What did Southern say exactly and what was the context?

Wait , you think i made up the Kennett thing ??

I remember a couple of fascist morons tried the same in Sydney. Couple of people in there grabbed a baseball bat and beat the shit out of one while the ran off to make a yt video.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Wonder if they tried that again.
I liked the comments from the bookshop worker as to the fascist thugs wearing trump masks

Today AGL records a near-trebled $1.6 billion profit - off the back of pensioners being afraid to turn the heater on for warmth, and suffering heatstroke because they can't afford to use the AC.

This is not exactly ground-breaking news, but it is nevertheless disgraceful. The right told us for years that private competition in the electricity sector would lead to lower prices. Essential services of modern life (in an increasingly harsh climate to boot) should not be in private hands. Essential services are for the public good, not for screwing Australians into buying energy executives' their latest yachts.

Today AGL records a near-trebled $1.6 billion profit - off the back of pensioners being afraid to turn the heater on for warmth, and suffering heatstroke because they can't afford to use the AC.

This is not exactly ground-breaking news, but it is nevertheless disgraceful. The right told us for years that private competition in the electricity sector would lead to lower prices. Essential services of modern life (in an increasingly harsh climate to boot) should not be in private hands. Essential services are for the public good, not for screwing Australians into buying energy executives' their latest yachts.
How do you define an essential service?

Why doesn’t the government just build some power plants and flood the market with competition! Q

Good question. The list of essential services expands as society progresses.

The ancient Romans had sewers and running water, but only the wealthy had these in their houses. The (literal) plebs or plebians had to make do with communal facilities.

New York was the first city to have mains electricity and within a few decades only the poorest of the poor were without it.

My old relatives tell me stories of the time when you had to make an appointment with the local post office to use their telephone. Now, not being able to make an important phone call at will is unimaginable.

If you said in 1998 that internet was an essential service, you would have been laughed out of the room. Today, work, looking for work, various errands and almost all forms of entertainment rely on the internet. In my view, internet joined the list of essential services in the last 5 years.

In my view, an essential service is a service that an adult frequently needs in order to reasonably participate in daily life in a manner customary in his/her community. Under this view, TV and air conditioning are not essential services but internet is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rising costs of energy are due to the lefts attack on base load power and an obsession with lowering emissions.

We are getting rid of coal because its supposedly bad for global warming.
We cant have gas because it will poison the water.
We cant have nuclear for power for some reasons wither.

You cant have lower emissions and lower power costs at the same time. Its 1 or the other.

Rising costs of energy are due to the lefts attack on base load power and an obsession with lowering emissions.

You cant have lower emissions and lower power costs at the same time. Its 1 or the other.
If new developments in solar and battery storage make solar power cheaper then coal in 5-10 years time would you advocate switching away from coal power to solar power?

If new developments in solar and battery storage make solar power cheaper then coal in 5-10 years time would you advocate switching away from coal power to solar power?

Yes, so long as its reliable. We have seen what happened in South Australia when their is not enough/too much wind or the sun doesn't shine .

I remember at local liberal party branch meeting out local MP was making fun of how long that battery which is suppose to be the biggest in the world actually lasts and how many homes it can power.

Yes, so long as its reliable. We have seen what happened in South Australia when their is not enough/too much wind or the sun doesn't shine .

I remember at local liberal party branch meeting out local MP was making fun of how long that battery which is suppose to be the biggest in the world actually lasts and how many homes it can power.
That’s what the batteries are for. To make them reliable. Tech isn’t quite price affordable yet but it looks like it will be in about 10 years. Technology will reduce emissions without the need of carbon taxes or emissions quotas.

In my view, an essential service is a service that an adult frequently needs in order to reasonably participate in daily life in a manner customary in his/her community.

Frankston - booze, cigs, drugs and credit on a TAB account.

You continue to peddle this line of fetid dingoes droppings.

The Cost of power generation is a very small part of power bills.

Privatization and the failure of adequate regulation are the main reasons for large rises in power bills, the lack of clear government policy is not helping as well.

Do you have an original thought or do you just parrot what you are told to?

Out of touch backward looking people.

Energy, Health, Education, Communications, Policing, Defence.
All should be Tax Payer funded and managed by the Government.
All were once.

Pretty simple really.

If you had to privatise anything I would piss off defence. subcontract the Yanks.

I for one am glad Morrison found the time amongst his busy schedule of imprisoning five-month-old babies (as a deterrent to others) to make this point.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back