Society/Culture Do less intelligent people gravitate to conservative/right wing ideology?

Remove this Banner Ad

How many more politico pseudo commentary on supposed "surveys" are you going to post ?
When presented with new information, you dismiss it and stick to your existing beliefs.
You're proven the assertion correct. Thank you

The unprofessionalism for the GOP itself is astounding; first noticed early in the Trump admin not being able to set up a conference call. Since then a continuous series of eff ups in all sorts of media, from principle actors down to staff.
The latest:

Republican Party Ridiculed After Tweeting Wrong Flag for Fourth of July

:laughv1:
republican-party-liberian-flag-july-4th-tweet.webp

The Liberian flag is pictured flying in Monrovia, Liberia, on September 27, 2017, and the inset features the logo of the Republican National Committee. A since-deleted tweet from the Republican Party's Twitter account Tuesday appeared to include the Liberian flag in a U.S. Independence Day message.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think this one sits here.

The guy is a creep, at worst, but popular amongst right wing nut jobs.

You can't tell me anyone with an IQ above 80 votes for this guy

I think this one sits here.

The guy is a creep, at worst, but popular amongst right wing nut jobs.

You can't tell me anyone with an IQ above 80 votes for this guy
like Cruz in Texas, his district is mostly rich white people who only want to keep their money, entitlements and guns. They don't give a s**t about anything else he does, except on those issues.

like Cruz in Texas, his district is mostly rich white people who only want to keep their money, entitlements and guns. They don't give a s**t about anything else he does, except on those issues.
Come on Spearman, don't descend to identity politics (is Cruz really white ?). What are you going to vote in the Referendum ?

Come on Spearman, don't descend to identity politics (is Cruz really white ?). What are you going to vote in the Referendum ?
moi.gif

Better question, is Cruz vertebrate?

Remember Charlie Wilson's War?
He served 22 years, 12 terms from a Texas district. Hard partier.
"I represent the only district in America that doesn't want anything. They want their guns, they want low taxes, that's it."

:winkv1:

moi.gif

Better question, is Cruz vertebrate?

Remember Charlie Wilson's War?
He served 22 years, 12 terms from a Texas district. Hard partier.
"I represent the only district in America that doesn't want anything. They want their guns, they want low taxes, that's it."

:winkv1:
Even better question, a repeat of my earlier, What are you going to vote in the Referendum ?

Hint: If you want to stay acceptable in this thread say "Yes" but if you are fair dinkum, plonk an * after the s. They are so stupid, they'll never know. God bless America.

Even better question, a repeat of my earlier, What are you going to vote in the Referendum ?

Hint: If you want to stay acceptable in this thread say "Yes" but if you are fair dinkum, plonk an * after the s. They are so stupid, they'll never know. God bless America.
if by referendum you mean the thread title, then I'd answer 'in general, yes'.

Less intelligent people are less discriminating and use few critical thinking skills, these are the sorts of people who consume information from the right wing, conservative media ecosystem. They therefore get led down the garden path by the disinformation and lies fed to them without them wondering their veracity. That lady who went after Pence recently. She was just so convinced that the Fox/conservative/grifter talking points were actually the truth. Had she ever questioned those FB posts pushed into her face every day? or the lies the Fox/OAN/Newsmax commentators lectured her on? I think not.

Not my work, but :thumbsu:

I, for one, wish to thank Moms for Liberty for being such horrible people and inspiring some of the best pejorative nicknames from their detractors, e.g. Minivan Taliban, Assholes with Casseroles, Klanned Karenhood, Crackpots with Crockpots, Twatzis, Mary Kay Kay Kay.

if by referendum you mean the thread title, then I'd answer 'in general, yes'.

Less intelligent people are less discriminating and use few critical thinking skills, these are the sorts of people who consume information from the right wing, conservative media ecosystem. They therefore get led down the garden path by the disinformation and lies fed to them without them wondering their veracity. That lady who went after Pence recently. She was just so convinced that the Fox/conservative/grifter talking points were actually the truth. Had she ever questioned those FB posts pushed into her face every day? or the lies the Fox/OAN/Newsmax commentators lectured her on? I think not.
For a moment there, I saw your ' after your yes as * Never mind. I meant the Referendum on the proposed Voice to Parliament. I've seen good work in your posts, particularly in response to anti-US histrionics. Under cover of that compliment, this post isn't as good. There's some irony in a post in support of the proposition that "less intelligent people gravitate to conservative/..." includes ...who consume information from the right wing, conservative media ecosystem, ... get led down the garden path by the disinformation and lies fed to them... and ...lies the Fox/OAN/Newsmax commentators lectured her on....

Last edited:
For a moment there, I saw your ' after your yes as * Never mind. I meant the Referendum on the proposed Voice to Parliament. I've seen good work in your posts, particularly in response to anti-US histrionics. Under cover of that compliment, this post isn't as good. The irony of a post in support of the proposition that "less intelligent people gravitate to conservative/..." includes ...who consume information from the right wing, conservative media ecosystem, ... get led down the garden path by the disinformation and lies fed to them... and ...lies the Fox/OAN/Newsmax commentators lectured her on... is striking.
I'm not Aussie so the Parliament thing is unknown to me. Sorry.

There is some irony as there are some left/liberal media that do probably tell falsehoods, but I don't think I consume them. At least I haven't caught them out yet. I have found distortion and bias, I've found poorly informed commentary, all of which turned me off some outlets, but outright lying, the dangerous attacks on innocent civilians, and the self-confessed opinions hiding behind the 'News' title appears quite concentrated on one side of the political spectrum.

I'm not Aussie so the Parliament thing is unknown to me. Sorry.

There is some irony as there are some left/liberal media that do probably tell falsehoods, but I don't think I consume them. At least I haven't caught them out yet. I have found distortion and bias, I've found poorly informed commentary, all of which turned me off some outlets, but outright lying, the dangerous attacks on innocent civilians, and the self-confessed opinions hiding behind the 'News' title appears quite concentrated on one side of the political spectrum.
Bolded bit. I assumed that you were American living in Australia and able to vote.

At the end of the day, we all believe what we want to and commentators, from whichever political point of view, probably just interpret rather than outright lie. I use "probably" because we don't have first hand knowledge of the facts, we have to rely on what news outlets give us.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back