Strategy Trade and List management Thread (cont in Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

All this shiel talk is great but is no one concerned at all that both shoulders are heavily strapped EVERY game he plays and have been for many years. How many times has he pulled with a stinger during a game from a tackle he tried to lay. If the plastics are so eager to ship him off in particular, I'd think very hard as to why.

Perhaps a little caution before everyone drums themselves in to a frenzy at the fear of having a quiet trade period, or the fapping about landing a name during trade period...
Judd had a couple dodgy shoulders didn't he?

85da19ae7de80ca88935ddcb65fcaca3.png
GCS interest in HC I like. They've got so many picks, a 3rd/4th rounder should be no problem. If picks from Dahl/Roughy/HC cover all points required to match West and Khamis bids and possibly a little left over, that'd be a good result for mine.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol at Saints. $800k for Polec?
Almost the perfect storm if it happens. Norf losing another player they threw all their money at, saints massively overpaying and the potential for port to get high up in the draft to get Lukosious/Rankine who the crows believe they're entitled to.

He’s played 20 plus games in each of the past 3 seasons.

Irrespective of the shoulder taping he seems reasonably durable.
This. Every player has their niggles and strapping etc.. he was a 2017 AA player, I highly doubt GWS is 'so eager' to ship him off haha
That's what makes me nervous! I am not saying he is cooked I am simply thinking.

Top tier player who is strapped together like a mummy for years and somehow hasn't broken yet... hmmm.

A) He is perfectly fine and the mummy strapping are purely aesthetics now, since it has become "his look"?
B) Only a matter of time the older he gets.
C)He should be fine, it would have to be a seriously jinxed club who have had injury after injury for 3 years where they barely ever have their full strength side. like the Bulldogs or something... oh

Just saying, obviously i hope he doesn't have a single issue, but being a bulldog supporter has made me rather nervous about player durability as of late, and when the item comes double rapped, i have to regarded it as, at least, partly fragile goods.

Personally I’d be fine with offering pick 7 plus Dahl compo pick for Shiel. Just to make sure it gets over the line. Would take something like that like that to pry away a contracted player.

Maybe we get some steak knives in addition.
Contracted but read they think he will come back to Vic next year when out of contract, hence him being the player to ease the salary cap pressure. They need a trade so no need to be to accomadating, would need to convince Shiel to nominate us as his club of choice more than Giants. Not easy when Hawks and Bombers are in chase.

All reports point to the top 6 being that much better than the rest of the draftees this year but the chances of the so called 'top six' actually being taken in the the top six is remote at best. Some teams will draft for needs, or to get a player that comes from their state to avoid the go home factor and it will cause at least one if not two or three of the top 6 to slide to us at pick 7.
This year should be a terrific draft haul for us.
Exactly this. It seems this time each year the top 5-6 are "locked in" or "a clear top 5".
Doesnt take into account testing, interviews etc i have no doubt the order will change and someone will rise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back