Mitch McGovern (please read OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He wanted to play in a grand final. Fair enough. That's why you have independent staff, as players would be terrible judges of their own readiness.

Absolutely, 100% correct. Remember Talia trying to prove he could play with a broken arm in 2012. I'm sure Roo and Vardy both argued in 1997 that they could be strapped up and jabbed and they'd be right as rain.

Yes but he is elite, MM is not. If you had to pick between the 2 who would you pick?

Plus we all Know this is a ruse, he is off to Carlton. Screw em over, they deserve it

Right now, I would pick MItch McGovern as you need to start winning right away.

You can not have 3 more years of bottom placed finishers. You need to win and develop your appeal to the (for a choice of a better term) customers.

And I don’t think it’s pick 3 for McGovern. More will be involved if it gets that far.

Trades? The previous posts were about draft picks.

You never really know what player a club wanted to get at any particular pick, though. While you do know who is competing for a player during trade week. You could argue that every time Port had a pick before us (which has been frequent) they might have taken a player we wanted. But to hear the club (indeed, every club) tell it, the player they get down at pick 83 is always a bargain buy and we can't believe they were still there that late etc etc etc.

I think you are right, they are fishing trying to get Carlton to up there offer. Which is poor as it gets people’s hope up based off a rumour of a once in a life time deal. Reminds me of the Tippet saga

We are investing in elite youth with an eye resetting our club, we don’t need mercenaries. With our later picks we will add role players. This gives us a really strong core when you put it together with our 4 top 10 picks from 2017.

FWIW I hope you ream the Blues

I don't reckon that's how it goes down. We let Gov's manager know that Carlton's offer is nowhere near good enough and they're going to need to significantly adjust their expectations or Gov will be staying or finding another place to go. What they do after that is up to them. We can't choose where Gov goes, we can let clubs know what we're after in case they're interested and can convince him to go there. But reality is that Gov's manager has already done all of that. If Gov refuses to entertain another club, then he'll need to hope that Carlton are prepared to pay something close to what we're asking. If not, he'll be here next year or sitting out.

I don't reckon that's how it goes down. We let Gov's manager know that Carlton's offer is nowhere near good enough and they're going to need to significantly adjust their expectations or Gov will be staying or finding another place to go. What they do after that is up to them. We can't choose where Gov goes, we can let clubs know what we're after in case they're interested and can convince him to go there. But reality is that Gov's manager has already done all of that. If Gov refuses to entertain another club, then he'll need to hope that Carlton are prepared to pay something close to what we're asking. If not, he'll be here next year or sitting out.
That is simply reality and all parties know that

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its been close to 3 weeks now since Gov requested a trade.. very unusual why he hasn't nominated a club of choice?
I really hope the Suns come to the party and offer big $$

Had a big Richmond v Hawthorn final. Richmond v Collingwood coming up, and very maybe Richmond/Collingwood v Melbourne in a Granny.

By the time Carlton are relevant again, big Vic clubs will be passe and everyone will be yearning to see a Gold Coast Suns v Freo GF.

If the next 10 years play out like the last 10, the AFL will face a problem of relevance outside Vic.

jesus I cant believe I actually miss redhorse at least I could understand what he was saying and we could have light banter and a joke or two.... this is getting ridiculous with this 'in time you will know' bullshit
I thought he alluded to much the same

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back