Bluemour Discussion Thread XI - Facts Not Welcome

Under what circumstances will you be happy to trade for Shiel?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course not - but it's early September, so everything is "hope" for now.

Ideal scenario for us is Shiel stays at GWS for one more year. Gives us another season to try and make a statement on field, and removes the need to trade for him if we can convince him to come over.

Next best scenario is he comes to us this year, but that requires out future first, which in turn prevents us from trading other future picks. If that's the case I don't see how we get Setterfield, Scrimshaw and Dunstan without offloading a payer or two (which is certainly a possibility).

Worst case scenario, he goes to another side this year and our public image takes a bit of a hit.

Strange, I would argue the ideal scenario is that quality player wants to join Carlton now, not in a year.

Setterfield still undecided... he’s staying or will be at Carlton....Sheil still in play Saints tabled massive offer but Manager wants him to come to us.McGovern will be a blue.
Anyone else we're interested in whose name hasn't been popping up day in day out?

Deledio was also a PP
Am sure it doesn't end there either, they then used the pick they received after trading him to GWS to get one of their current cogs. I just cant remember which; was it Caddy perhaps?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep, ties in to the suggestions that we want the AFL to announce what pick we are getting before diving into the who-nominates-which-club shenanigans. It's the logical way to manage this waiting period.
There’s still a heap to be negotiated even after anyone nominates. Kennedy privately nominated us early last year but it was one of the last deals we did.
Anything can happen and nothing is guaranteed especially when 3 players Shiel,setterfield and McGovern are all contracted.
If Shiel nominates us then everything else won’t happen until after that.

Not at all worried about Shiel going to the saints. They are a minnow rabble. If he chooses them I would be shocked.

Essendon is more of a worry. They finished the year strong and I can see why he would think they could be appealing.
Not going to happen.....Carlton family, there's no way he goes there, its pretty simple.
We aren't talking about punters, we are talking die hard supporters - unless the money was ridiculous it wont happen (& it wont be as we will be prepared to pay)....People should chill, out its going to happen

Not going to happen.....Carlton family, there's no way he goes there, its pretty simple.
We aren't talking about punters, we are talking die hard supporters - unless the money was ridiculous it wont happen (& it wont be as we will be prepared to pay)....People should chill, out its going to happen
Money offered is ridiculous

Good chance (>50%) Shiel is a blue next year. Club has done what they can for now, another club has asked for some time to put together a competing offer.

Setterfield still undecided... he’s staying or will be at Carlton....Sheil still in play Saints tabled massive offer but Manager wants him to come to us.McGovern will be a blue.

And the gods have delivered! Thank you both.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back