Votes: 49 15.0%
  • Collingwood 20>40

Votes: 72 22.0%
  • Collingwood by 41+

Votes: 72 22.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Guys Richmond had injuries. Hardwick just confirmed Dustin Martin wouldn’t have played home and away.

Gee that must be tough having one of your best players not 100% fit.

I thoroughly enjoyed the QF with Naitanui against Grundy, Scharenberg and Reid against Kennedy/Darling, Gaff and Wells on the wings, Sheppard on De Goey...

What summed the whole night up for me was on the drive home listening to 1116.
Some little kid called up (Richmond fan) and asked why the fans were so nasty to the Richmond team who tried their best?
Bloody good point... some of the behaviour by the adult Richmond fans has been nothing short of disgraceful tonight. Scarves in bins at half time, scarves on the ground after the game, fans streaming out fairly early... unbelievable.

It wasnt 3/4 time and on the Richmond fans facebook page they were going ballistic. Not renewing memberships. Teams s**t. Etc etc. All the toys went out of the cot.

Only just watching the game on replay now.
First half bloody incredible, absolutely floored.
Cox marking huge, Adams ferocious, Sier, Sidebottom influential, Mihocek pressure excellent, Grundy on top and Crisp run great.
Tigers forced into so many uncharacteristic skill errors, just incredible.

Cracks have appeared in Richmonds side no doubt. A win against a totally inexperienced over achieving Hawthorn doesn't convince me of much. They were dismantled by Melbourne a week later.

Dogs lost by 3
Dons lost by 8
Geelong lost by 3

Teams are getting closer the loss is due. Tonight could be it. I certainly wouldn't be as confident as some Richmond faithful thinking this game is nothing more than a formality.
Teams edged closer and closer. The magic was disappearing and playing a completely over achieving hawks papered straight over the cracks

Sidebottom was unbelievable last night, clearly best on ground for me. His creativity and organisation was the single biggest factor in the win. Cox will get most of the publicity because his game was very noticeable, and he did play very well.

Feel a bit for Tigers fans but huge expectation is always a risk. I dont think they've been any worse than other premieres. A few arrogant flogs pop up from every club when they win the flag, but they're not representative of the supporter base.

Interesting to see if they can adjust their gameplan to move with the times and contend again next year, I suspect they can. Feel like the evolution next year will be a return to precision ball movement rather than "chaos ball" . WC are doing it this year and are my tip for the flag.

The reason that other posters hate Hawthorn fans and Geelong fans is because the teams we support have won a lot...a hell of a lot over a decade in fact.

As much as the supporters detest each other from both bases, there is a respect there because both of these teams pushed each other on, to become what they were.

Even now the teams continue to win because as much as losing is a habit, winning is a culture and both of these teams exist for no other purpose than to win.

Hawthorn v Geelong is as big as any traditional big 4 rivalry or any derby.

If you wanted to make a fan for AFL you would show that person any game between the 2 and they would fall in love in an instant.
To go one further I dont believe either of us would have had the success we did without the other one constantly pushing the other.
Those games between 08-13 were some of the best games of football ive ever seen, I lived for the Hawks v Geelong games.. and we LOST most of them haha.
Get a room you two!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Big Cox marking absolutely everything. Touch of swagger about him, too.
Did a tiger get stuck into him or give him a gobful early? Fired up good and proper.

Jake Melksham kicked 4 on him this year and yet in that same game Hamish and BT were frothing how much of a down to earth bloke he is!?

**** off Rance you ******* gronk!!
Melksham has had a great year. Has gotten a bit of credit but still flies under the radar, has played his role so influentially.
Honestly didn't think he had it in him, has proven a fair few wrong.

Have felt Collingwood have the ability to just go beserk for periods where they are unbeatable. Like the Bombers of the late 90s/early 00s. Just seldom been able to maintain that all game, but basically did last night. Richmond became too comfortable with it's plan/structures, which fell apart with frantic pressure. Their aerial marking game is probably thsir achilles heel, an area West Coast probably still does better than any. Work well as a team but not enough individual brilliance outside of a few players. Can't fault Riewoldt, he did everything he could and was bog for Richmond. But again DeGoey had a blinder, Sidebottom was in usual sublime, dominant form, dictating play, and of course everything clicked for Cox's marking.

Big Cox marking absolutely everything. Touch of swagger about him, too.
Did a tiger get stuck into him or give him a gobful early? Fired up good and proper.

No one told him a ruckman isn't supposed to take so many contested marks lol. Although increasingly that's the case, e.g. Gawn. Maybe his basketball background and being new to the game helped him. Not as indoctrinated in the usual conventions of the game.

Aish and the angry crab cop a lot of stick, but they've both been solid, I reckon and better than superficial analysis suggests.
Not worldbeaters but they play their roles and they are both hard at it, which Aish doesn't get credit for.

Back