Player Watch #44 Jake Lloyd

Remove this Banner Ad

sbyiYhsV.jpg

Jake Lloyd

Player Profile

Jake Lloyd is a ball magnet, an endurance machine, a clean user of the footy and a calming influence on the Sydney Swans’ half-back line. The former rookie-listed Swan averaged 27.22 disposals per match between 2016 and 2019 and won the club’s 2018 Bob Skilton Medal. Lloyd became the quickest Swan in history to reach 100 senior games when he ran out against Hawthorn at the MCG in Round 8, 2018. He was then recognised as one of the best players in the league when he was selected for Victoria in the State of Origin match for bushfire relief in February 2019. Draft history: 2013 Rookie Draft selection (Sydney) No. 15; 2014 AFL Draft rookie elevation (Sydney).

Jake Lloyd

DOB: 20 September 1993
DEBUT: 2013
DRAFT: 2014
RECRUITED FROM: Horsham Demons (Vic)/North Ballarat U18

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How much though
We are never going to know how much so why sweat it?
I for one am bloody thrilled he has re-signed and couldn't give a flying fart in space how much, obviously enough to keep him and the club happy.
I really thought he was gone.

I have no idea. Just hope we're not busting the bank for him. Great for us, but not indispencable.

No offence Ed. But this post typifies those of many here who under rate Lloyd. He will finish top five in the b&f, with Hewett is our most consistent player and in my view is the most indispensable player at the club after Bud, Heeney and Parker. Even with the new deal he is on far less than those three.

Reserve the concerns about over payment for others on the list.

hope they didn't overpay him.
How can you overpay a player who has the most disposals, has the highest DE and has got us out of tighter spots than Houdini has ever been in.

This kid is a gun player and the sooner some of our do called experts here realise it the better.

In AFL circles he is highly rated. You all say other clubs did not come calling. Maybe that is because his management told them he would be resigning. Ever though of that. I've heard Sun's and one other club acpcproached his management early in the peace.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

How can you overpay a player who has the most disposals, has the highest DE and has got us out of tighter spots than Houdini has ever been in.

This kid is a gun player and the sooner some of our do called experts here realise it the better.

In AFL circles he is highly rated. You all say other clubs did not come calling. Maybe that is because his management told them he would be resigning. Ever though of that. I've heard Sun's and one other club acpcproached his management early in the peace.

he is a gun at getting cheap and easy possessions. his disposal is safe, when it isn't he turns it over and often leads to an opposition goal. his defending (tackling and spoiling) is at times pathetic. he plays a role that you could pick someone out of the rookie draft and train up to play in a few years. he is simply a link man and while playing his role should be in the bottom half of earners in the team. if they have paid him overs than they are setting us up for future problems in retaining players who actually win us games. i don't care whether other clubs rate him or not. i know harley and others have made a lot of football list decisions that have cost us dearly and now they are scurrying about trying to palm off the players they overpaid to other clubs when there contracts are not even half over..

As a cautionary note I never think he is a gun when he trots alongside an opposing forward and neither spoils nor contests the mark when the ball come in. Right about that point im thinking......"F*** lloyd are you useless". Maybe that's why other clubs intetest was moderate - defensive weaknesses. We can't be everything to all people though.......unless you're Buddy

he is a gun at getting cheap and easy possessions. his disposal is safe, when it isn't he turns it over and often leads to an opposition goal. his defending (tackling and spoiling) is at times pathetic. he plays a role that you could pick someone out of the rookie draft and train up to play in a few years. he is simply a link man and while playing his role should be in the bottom half of earners in the team. if they have paid him overs than they are setting us up for future problems in retaining players who actually win us games. i don't care whether other clubs rate him or not. i know harley and others have made a lot of football list decisions that have cost us dearly and now they are scurrying about trying to palm off the players they overpaid to other clubs when there contracts are not even half over..

This is true as that is exactly Lloyd's story.

At least its a 4 year deal. He might become more valuable when we have a new coach who doesnt direct him to slow the tempo and chip around.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back