Bluemour Discussion Thread XIII - Facts Not Welcome

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shiel is the most confusing situation I’ve seen in years. I’ve spoken to or exchanged messages with 3 reliable people today. In summary
One says “he is ours”
One says “I still think he will go to Hawthorn”
One (the best of the 3) - “confident, reckon we will find out tonight or tomorrow”

There seems to be a lot of certainty about for such an uncertain situation

HaHa

I posted similar the other day. I don't have the connections you do but I got three messages the other day saying he's ours, going to hawks and 50/50.

My assessment is we are a chance :p

Quick!!!

Someone post the It's happening gif!!!!!

Since I'm not willing to do it, you'll have to content yourselves with this ol' chestnut...

tumblr_lkr57l4pUN1qj9qhto1_500.gif

Kinda reminds me of this place at the moment, if I'm honest...

Haha, yeah. And loving the off-season tbh.

I'm just prepared after a rough year. Getting Shiel would be a huge sign for us and I'll go berserk if it happens, not cos of his ability but what it would mean for the club to have him and mxgov both at once want to play for us.

But the head says it's still a long shot and will do so until he lines up next to Cripps in round 1...

Shiel is the most confusing situation I’ve seen in years. I’ve spoken to or exchanged messages with 3 reliable people today. In summary
One says “he is ours”
One (the best of the 3) - “confident, reckon we will find out tonight or tomorrow”

The main thing I got out of that is that you have THREE separate sources :eek:

Hawthorn board has hit Adelaide levels

No... no!!!
I will resist the temptation of going over for a looksee. I was checking out the McGovern thread on the Adelaide board last week, and I'm still waiting for all the toxins to leave my system before I enter another unsafe environment. :sick:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What are they basing that on ?
1 bloke saying “ We have our man “ and not even said who it was or returned comments when questioned about it by his own!

#seemslegit

One says “he is ours”

I'd love to know one person who's ITK.

1 bloke saying “ We have our man “ and not even said who it was or returned comments when questioned about it by his own!

#seemslegit

Yeah he just did said...

I HAVE NO INSIDE INFO however what makes me confident he wants to come to us is actually the fact he hasn't nominated yet.

We are a very professional organisation and I have no doubt the club have told Shiel not to say anything until the trade window begins.

Just look at Hall talking on the NM website before a trade is even done i mean really?

MM 3 weeks ago comes out and says i want to get to Carlton.

We are astute operators and IMO the scales are swayed our way

So their excitement is based on that assessment

#seemslegit
Sounds like they are clutching at straws.

From a financial standpoint, Carlton or St. Kilda make a ton of sense but from a success in the next five years standpoint, you'd have to think he'd either stay at GWS or move to the Hawks. Why would he want to come to a club that is realistically five years a way from a top 4 spot, let alone potentially winning a flag!
The platform for our rise has been set we are now hoping to bring in pieces (midfield ) that will help to propel our rise up the ladder .
Dont get sucked into the doom and gloom of what happened this year .
This year was a write off be better to wipe this year and make assessments of our future from where we were at the end of 17 .
Wont happen straight away but if the right players are added and i would definately say that Shiel Setterfield Walsh and Mcgovern are a big chunk of what we are needing if we can add them then once we do start to rise it'll be pretty swift .
So if you were talking about a 2 year timeframe i think you have a case .

But 5 years is a long time and the boot im almost certain will be on the other foot in regards to Carlton and Hawthorn .
We wont be taking 5 years to reach the top 4 imo .

Last edited:
Shiel is already a part of a top side, with personal connections to his mates, and the Sydney lifestyle.

He and his family are rusted on blues supporters.

Joining the hawks, when hawthorn has little to offer GWS is a sideways movement for him. It makes no sense. Why do a KD and chase a ring, when you have the opportunity to do it with your GWS brothers.

Either he stays with GWS or he comes to us, Hawks are on the decline. We have a great young team with loads of potential, and he and his family support us. It’s clear to me. Either he stays at GWS or he comes to us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back