Media Match Thread Posting Participation

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Enjoyed the warriors, royals and humbles match threads most so if anything this just confirms in my mind how little, high posting numbers mean.
Exactly. Even though we're on the same team I found the Warriors and Royals less fun to post against than the Swampies, Furies and Hawks.

Enjoyed the warriors, royals and humbles match threads most so if anything this just confirms in my mind how little high posting numbers mean.
This is what i really getting at.
There is a massive difference and no correlation at all between high posting teams and the win/loss aspect of the SFA.
As a rookie who had never heard of the SFA before S26, its a bit of a shame that active posting teams, who put the effort in, don't get a small percentage of advantage in a game of Qooty.
I'm thinking along the lines of "reward for effort" type of thing.
To me a team that has a care factor of bugger all and wins a flag would be disappointing, same as a team that really makes an effort and has a great participating team, finishes last, that would be deflating, does this happen?
I understand its all about the fun, but I'm just curious about how it all goes down really.

There is a massive difference and no correlation at all between high posting teams and the win/loss aspect of the SFA.
As a rookie who had never heard of the SFA before S26, its a bit of a shame that active posting teams, who put the effort in, don't get a small percentage of advantage in a game of Qooty.
To me a team that has a care factor of bugger all and wins a flag would be disappointing, same as a team that really makes an effort and has a great participating team, finishes last, that would be deflating, does this happen?
I understand its all about the fun, but I'm just curious about how it all goes down really.
I can only imagine how shitty this place would become if your performance was rewarded by post count.

The thing is quantity doesn’t necessarily equate to effort so it would be a meaningless and impossible task. You get people who could post 100 times in a thread putting less thought into them than a poster that only posted 10 times.
There have been cases of clubs having an unsuccessful season on field while being a dominant force off of it however it is practically impossible to fix and personallly my enjoyment in a match thread doesn’t rely on the result anyway.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back