Bluemour Discussion Thread XV - Facts Not Welcome

Status
Not open for further replies.
That would be a concern normally but now we have A Russell, aka the Bone Whisperer.

Is that what they call it these days …….

This is one of my favorite vids of all time. Not because of anything to do with singing, the show or her music.

It's about showing up to an audience that is mocking you, laughing at you and basically treating you like a joke. Then turning around and ******* sticking it up them!

I hope the Blues can do this to the AFL world over the next few years.

Fan fiction.

We don't have a 2019 #2nd, so we can't trade our 2019 1st as listed above.

Suns get screwed in this trade.

My preference still is to draft Walsh, then next year doing some swapping to get a #2nd and then use our 1st (say pick 4) on an established player.

We can trade our our 2019 1st if we are getting the 2019 2nd back. I would do this deal imagine going to the draft with 3, 6 and 8. We could possibly get Rankine, Smith and a King

We can trade our our 2019 1st if we are getting the 2019 2nd back. I would do this deal imagine going to the draft with 3, 6 and 8. We could possibly get Rankine, Smith and a King

I'd do it to.

But, the Suns, via their new footy department, surely will not.

I get the impression Swallow is a pretty loyal sort. Actually wouldn't be surprised if he takes over the captaincy up there. He's also not a star, and I doubt Gold Coast will be trumped on a contract offer for him, they're running out of people to pay good money to.

I've got a sneaking suspicion we won't be all-in on the chase for Kelly. Barring a meteoric rise up the ladder in 2019, I don't think we're the kind of club he'll be looking to join. No doubt we'll make the right noises and and do our bit in pushing up offers for him though.

I also think Coniglio is likely to stick around at GWS. Just a gut feel.

Whitfield is one I think we'd be working on early. Seem to recall there was some speculation in the last couple of years about him making a move back to Victoria. Would be a brilliant Simmo replacement as a key backline distributor with stints on the wing.

Taranto would have to be on our radar. Fits the bill with players SOS really liked but couldn't find a way to get. Young enough to be long term, but with a decent chunk of games under his belt, and showing some real ability already.

As far as a Vic-based target - someone from the Bulldogs would be the smart guess. Something weird going on at that club, and I reckon one more ordinary year will be enough to shake a big name loose. Bont and Hunter both out of contract next year. Happy with either.

Highly doubtful we get more than one of them, but that's the space I'd be working in if I were involved.

Big offer to Whitfield.
Big offer to Taranto.
Big offer to Bont/Hunter.

If we can hit one of those three, it's basically 2019 and 2020 firsts gone, and maybe try and get a second rounder back (unless it's Bont...).
Whitfield is the one I would be targeting. Would only cost our pick 2-4 rather than Kelly who would be 2-4 plus future first. He is also bloody versatile. $ wise a lot cheaper than the really big names too.

If Kelly goes than they will just match any big on Coniglio anyway and if Kelly stays and Coniglio is looking to leave Freo will move heaven and earth and I'd bet Hawthorn would be retiring players to make a ridiculous offer as would St Kilda so he would cost huge $$$$ and probably have our hands tied from than on.

From the Crows board:

Terry Wallace said today on SEN
Blues Crows and Suns heading for big draft pick swaps on draft night

Blues In; Picks 3, 6, 8 & Suns 2019 2r
Blues Out; Pick 1, 2019 1r, 3r & Crows 3r

Suns In; Picks 1, 13, Blues 2019 1r, Crows 2r
Suns Out; Picks 2, 3, 6, 2019 2r

Crows In; Pick 2 and 2019 3r
Crows Out; Picks 8, 13, 2019 2r

Don't really think Wallace would know anything, but would you?

I don't really see the point in this trade unless the plan is to on trade the first round picks for future picks.

We have four list spots open so it seems that the current plan is take a potential gun with the first pick. Looking at our current draft position it seems as though the club is happy to pick up hickmott and bsos. Stick to that plan. Use the 4th spot for a potential delisted free agent.

If we trade pick one for something like the above, we should stick to the plan and therefore trade out the other two lower two first round picks for future first rounders. This gives us what we didn't have a great deal of this year, trade bait. We will have a handful of first round picks to then throw at any contracted gun. That allows us to get what we need, mature talent into the club and have us primed for a shot at finals footy.

I don't really see the point in this trade unless the plan is to on trade the first round picks for future picks.

We have four list spots open so it seems that the current plan is take a potential gun with the first pick. Looking at our current draft position it seems as though the club is happy to pick up hickmott and bsos. Stick to that plan. Use the 4th spot for a potential delisted free agent.

If we trade pick one for something like the above, we should stick to the plan and therefore trade out the other two lower two first round picks for future first rounders. This gives us what we didn't have a great deal of this year, trade bait. We will have a handful of first round picks to then throw at any contracted gun. That allows us to get what we need, mature talent into the club and have us primed for a shot at finals footy.

That would be an interesting tactic...

Trade out 1 and our future first for 3, 6 and 8.
Trade 3, 6 and 8 during live trading, trying to turn each into a 2018 second rounder and a 2019 first rounder.

3 to Port Adelaide for 15 and future first.
6 to Sydney for 26 and future first.
8 to Richmond for 17 and future first.

Draft with 15 and 17 (Jones and RCD?).
Go into next year with PA, Sydney and Richmond firsts - 8, 12 and 16?

Potentially a stronger hand for trading in mature talent?

But lose Walsh and ability to trade for a big fish next year which we’ll possibly be in great need for.

I suspect our ladder position won’t improve too much next year, so a top 3 pick is valuable currency in any negotiations whether this year or next.
As for our ability to attract a diamond , may not be so easy for us to do just yet.

From the Crows board:

Then we trade #3, #8 and #77 for #5, #10 and #15 and Ports 2019 3r and 4r from Port

End up with

#5, #6, #10, #15 and the Suns 2018 2r, Ports r3 and r4 (so we can actually get the trades done)

My issue with it is less which draftees we get (because I think Smith, Rozee and Calwell/Clark is a tidy spread of very good players), and more to do with limiting our ability to trade for an elite, established player next year.

We do 1 and future first for 3 top 10 picks this year, and the club hierarchy need to be on board for another 2 years of slow growth. If they can't be that patient, then we need to keep next years first available for a big name trade.

My main concern with the "leftovers" is that a few of them are from SA, so I just hope we don't recruit one of them and then have them decide that they want to go home.

That would be an interesting tactic...

Trade out 1 and our future first for 3, 6 and 8.
Trade 3, 6 and 8 during live trading, trying to turn each into a 2018 second rounder and a 2019 first rounder.

3 to Port Adelaide for 15 and future first.
6 to Sydney for 26 and future first.
8 to Richmond for 17 and future first.

Draft with 15 and 17 (Jones and RCD?).
Go into next year with PA, Sydney and Richmond firsts - 8, 12 and 16?

Potentially a stronger hand for trading in mature talent?

Kind of, yes. In my head it was more a case of keep pick 3 and trade out 6 & 8. I wouldn't even say to have 2018 2nd rounders, could even stack ourselves with 2019 first and second round picks. If we go into next year with 3 first round picks and 3 second round picks (did we trade our future second for setterfield, if so then we are down to 2 second round picks). Bundle those 2nd rounders up for another first rounder at next years trade week.

That effectively gives us 5 first round picks and 1 second first round pick to (counting 2020 picks) to throw at whoever we want.

Let's say we go all guns blazing and throw the 3 2019 first rounders at someone like the Bont. That means we essentially get him for a first round draft pick and a downgrade of pick 1 to pick 3.

Even then, yes we can go for 2018 second rounders rather than 2019. I just think we should keep pick 3 if we get into it

4 senior spots, 3 rookie A spots, 1 rookie B spot.

We can't plan for those spots though because we don't know if BSOS or Hickmott will receive a bid in the ND.

Watch dodoro bid on BSOS with a second round pick

Seriously man, we all dabble in a bit of wordplay...lord knows I've hoovered a few lines in my time...but we're worried that your wordplay is getting a bit beyond social. Just intervening now in the hope that we don't stumble across a vid of a shirtless, barely coherent Ferris snorting up words, like it's the last book in the library.

We love you man, but the party has to end sometime.
Yeah well, that’s just like your opinion man....

upload_2018-10-23_18-34-23.jpeg

From the Crows board:

I get the sense that there will be absolutely bugger all draft pick swaps during the draft nights. I think most astute teams would be locked and loaded now.

Trading 3 very valuable picks for the chance to grab Lukosius is madness.
Both Adelaide teams will be chasing Lukosius, Rankine, Rozee and Hately in the next 12-24 months if they move interstate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back