Rumour The aftermath when Demetriou flew to Adelaide in 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

when-the-tin-foil-hat-the-crazy-cooter-3-is-31714262.png

Ahhh he sort of had me until the 'Essendon are scapegoats' thing.

My first issue is 'how dumb do you have to be to send a PED-user to your new golden child on the Gold Coast' but then... yeah. Just because people make lots of money and have important roles, doesn't make them smart. Wouldn't shock me. This bloke jumped into my cab once years ago and tried convincing me to go to Kittens...

Ahhh he sort of had me until the 'Essendon are scapegoats' thing.

My first issue is 'how dumb do you have to be to send a PED-user to your new golden child on the Gold Coast' but then... yeah. Just because people make lots of money and have important roles, doesn't make them smart. Wouldn't shock me. This bloke jumped into my cab once years ago and tried convincing me to go to Kittens...

I'm not sure one negates the other; Essendon was a big club with a large supporter base and the ability to fight / PR manage the situation for an extended period of time. If you were going to pick a club to stage manage through the whole exercise (keeping in mind until the WADA appeal, no player was suspended) then Essendon came through it in a reasonable state.

Gold Coast would have folded under the same situation, no rusted on supporter base or financial reserves.

THE mother of former Crows player Nathan Bock has been jailed for at least 13 months for trafficking methamphetamine.

Michelle Joy Bock, 53, of Ethelton, was selling the drug at street level for two months in 2010, including to covert police officers investigating her crimes.

:think:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

People blow this up on Bluey but the guy didn't do too much wrong. He 'turned a blind eye' but so does every football club, sometimes to serious consequence.

Bluey has done as best any other Gold Coast coach has and actually had players who enjoyed playing under him. You can't blame him for the AFL's obsession with getting in old Karmichael nor can you blame him for the folly of 55 young men mostly aged 19, living away from home for the first time, with 200 grand burning through their skinny shorts living on a boring, drug-skived locale like the Gold Coast.

They arsed him for some murmering old codger whose best was not very good and was a good 15 years prior, with about 8 years out the game. One of the sillier dismissals and appointments ever. It's like Ratten. He had a s**t list but at least he dragged them to finals. Since his sacking it's been worse and worse.

Herald Sun, Oct 26 2018

"Disgraced fitness boss Dean “The Weapon” Robinson and sports scientist Stephen Dank worked at the club before moving to Essendon, where they were key figures in the ill-fated supplements regime.

At the Suns, Robinson and Dank supplied star player Nathan Bock with the banned peptide CJC-1295"

It makes we wonder about the Cats. :moustache:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back