Rumour Dimma (& Dusty?) heading to the Suns

Remove this Banner Ad

Why do you think GC are offering pick 4? Are they nuffies to?
We get Lynch back next year so finals is a real probability.

Charlie Day Ok GIF

Gold coast are offering pick four.............okay.

Huge game from Dusty against the 3rd placed Power today. Probably earned himself at least two Brownlow votes. Was it an audition to be a part of Dimma's 20%?

So is Prestia gonna head back up there?

Dimma has a massive stiffy for Dion.
He just stole Richmond's data analyst so I wouldn't be surprised if he plans on recruiting a few more Richmond people. Prestia is a unique case though considering he played for the Suns for six seasons and has many connections here as one of our inaugural players. Plus Dion has played 95 games for the Suns so I wouldn't be surprised if there's a part of him that wants to reach 100 games and potentially play a part in our first premiership. His love for Dimma obviously helps as well.

Still think the club has its eyes mostly on Dusty at the moment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This afternoon:

img_0707-jpeg.1796486

Dusty catching up with a close friend and surrogate father figure while on holidays? Honestly, I'd be disappointed in Dusty if he didn't catch up with Dimma when he was there. Nathan Broad was interviewed today on radio and noted that Dusty will be a Tiger next year as he wants to play 300 for the club.

Dusty catching up with a close friend and surrogate father figure while on holidays? Honestly, I'd be disappointed in Dusty if he didn't catch up with Dimma when he was there. Nathan Broad was interviewed today on radio and noted that Dusty will be a Tiger next year as he wants to play 300 for the club.
Could be an innocent catch up with a close friend or it could be Dimma making his pitch to Dusty to follow him north to Queensland. We won't know for a little while but it should be pointed out that the third person at that table is apparently Hayden Hill and if you don't know he was described as Hardwick's football analyst + right hand man for Dimma's entire tenure at Richmond and it was announced last week that Hill had also signed to join the Suns. Hardwick said in his presser last week that he'll be heavily involved in the recruitment at the Suns and you'd imagine Hill will as well. Other have said it might be Suns GM Wayne Campbell in that picture which just lends itself to even more speculation.

If it looks and quacks like a duck then... you get it.

Could be an innocent catch up with a close friend or it could be Dimma making his pitch to Dusty to follow him north to Queensland. We won't know for a little while but it should be pointed out that the third person at that table is apparently Hayden Hill and if you don't know he was described as Hardwick's football analyst + right hand man for Dimma's entire tenure at Richmond and it was announced last week that Hill had also signed to join the Suns. Hardwick said in his presser last week that he'll be heavily involved in the recruitment at the Suns and you'd imagine Hill will as well. Other have said it might be Suns GM Wayne Campbell in that picture which just lends itself to even more speculation.

If it looks and quacks like a duck then... you get it.
They would have caught up as mates, and absolutely Dimma in that chat would likely have made a pitch.

And as mates it could have ended with thanks but no thanks and carry on, or give my manager a call next week and we'll talk.

But remember either way, if he does want to go he's contracted next year which means GC will have to pay Richmond extremely well, or they'll wait another year which could also be an option.

But remember either way, if he does want to go he's contracted next year which means GC will have to pay Richmond extremely well, or they'll wait another year which could also be an option.
The wildcard factor is the potential for the AFL to step in and offer ambassadorial money. If the rumoured $1.3m salary for 2024 is true then I don't think it's a stretch to say the AFL could step in and pay something like $500k of his salary and the Suns would handle the remaining $800k. Don't think it's a stretch at all to suggest that's a possibility.

The wildcard factor is the potential for the AFL to step in and offer ambassadorial money. If the rumoured $1.3m salary for 2024 is true then I don't think it's a stretch to say the AFL could step in and pay something like $500k of his salary and the Suns would handle the remaining $800k. Don't think it's a stretch at all to suggest that's a possibility.
Same situation though.

Richmond say no worries Dusty, sad to see you go.

"Hey Dimma, we want an elite young player or a good first round pick, or you wait another 12 months".

You could offer Dusty a zillion dollars, Richmond have to be satisfied with a trade, why would we trade him without it being a big trade win for us?

Dusty's 1.3mill next year makes the deal pretty hard, year after should be pretty easy though.

Same situation though.

Richmond say no worries Dusty, sad to see you go.

"Hey Dimma, we want an elite young player or a good first round pick, or you wait another 12 months".

You could offer Dusty a zillion dollars, Richmond have to be satisfied with a trade, why would we trade him without it being a big trade win for us?
The thing is - we have an academy star coming through that will 100% be bid on with a top 2 pick this year so there's incentive for us to trade pick 4. The actual pick itself is pretty useless as far as we're concerned if we were to keep it so even though giving up pick 4 for Dusty would be considered overs in most people's minds, we do have to trade it anyway. If Dusty actually does ask for a trade, then I wouldn't be surprised if we traded pick 4 for say pick 10 + a future 2nd rounder and then we send pick 10 Richmond's way for Dusty. Something along those lines seems very doable from our perspective.

The thing is - we have an academy star coming through that will 100% be bid on with a top 2 pick this year so there's incentive for us to trade pick 4. The actual pick itself is pretty useless as far as we're concerned if we were to keep it so even though giving up pick 4 for Dusty would be considered overs in most people's minds, we do have to trade it anyway. If Dusty actually does ask for a trade, then I wouldn't be surprised if we traded pick 4 for say pick 10 + a future 2nd rounder and then we send pick 10 Richmond's way for Dusty. Something along those lines seems very doable from our perspective.
That's more the range it would take. I've seen suggestions in other threads Richmond would accept a pick in the 20s and 30s and we simply wouldn't.

The point is it only makes sense for us to take a strong deal, otherwise we're better off keeping him and rolling the dice on UFA compensation if he leaves next year although I'm not sure the rules on that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back