Racing Derby Day

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Good ol Derby Day, I find its either an awesome day or a day you do your balls. Remember that day with the crazy inside rail bias.. * that day.

Early thoughts are Amphitrite in the err empire rose..? What race is that...
and Hard to go past Land of Plenty in the Mile

I think the Coolmore and the Derby are a bit more open than the market suggests.
Thikin B was super impressive and looks like will stay all day, but if i remember it was good to be on speed at caulfield that day. Like Aramayo and Savvy Oak at the price.

Looks like Very Elleegant will start in the red.
Coolmore... can easily make a case for Zousain, Written By, Sunlight, Encryption, Diplomatico.

Cant find lexus noms.

Aramayo was absolutely massive last start against savage bias. He made a very long sustained run around the final bend after having no trail into his sprint at all. Hit the line hard. Has the benefit of the quick back-up as well.

He beat Thinkin' Big in Sydney as well and he just smashed the best of the Victorian chances at Caulfield (albeit getting a picnic upfront)

Mickey Blue Eyes was a very sneaky good run in the same race as Aramayo at the Valley coming from last and running home wide

Aramayo was absolutely massive last start against savage bias. He made a very long sustained run around the final bend after having no trail into his sprint at all. Hit the line hard. Has the benefit of the quick back-up as well.

He beat Thinkin' Big in Sydney as well and he just smashed the best of the Victorian chances at Caulfield (albeit getting a picnic upfront)

Mickey Blue Eyes was a very sneaky good run in the same race as Aramayo at the Valley coming from last and running home wide
All three of these came through the Spring Champion and a few points to consider out of the race are:
Thinkin' Big was re-plated at the barriers and missed the kick a touch and had to surge forward three wide without cover, but once he got to the position just outside the leader was able to slacken the speed significantly.
Mickey Blue Eyes settled the furthest back of the 3 obviously and had to come acorss about 2 sets of heels half way down the straight as no run was there. Still ended up being beaten 4.5
Aramayo got a few favours in the run but beat Thinkin' Big by 1.3

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't have Thinkin' Big at $3 for the Derby. You'd think that Savoie or something else would come across and put some heat on him meaning he won't get anywhere as near as easy lead as last start.

That is unless those that also like to go forward are happy with a slow tempo in order to give themselves the best chance at the 2500 metres.

Can't have Thinkin' Big at $3 for the Derby. You'd think that Savoie or something else would come across and put some heat on him meaning he won't get anywhere as near as easy lead as last start.

That is unless those that also like to go forward are happy with a slow tempo in order to give themselves the best chance at the 2500 metres.

Agree. Has all the hall marks of a Hampton Court (I think?) re run. It was trained by Gai and won a couple of the lead ups from the front. Started fave on the day…led and was one of the first beaten. I’m expecting something similar Saturday.

Not that that helps much as outside the fave they are all taking turns. Might just default to Aramarayo as was on it at Newcastle and showed a touch of dash in the Spring Champion. James has already won it too.

It won't be leading all the way in a derby (unless track bias). False fav if there has ever been one in a derby.
I hope it fires up in front of the big crowd derby day and over races in front. It'll set it up nicely for Savvy Oak to storm over the top.

Laying Zousain. It’s work this morning down the straight was shocking to put it lightly... thrashed it’s head about like nothing I’ve ever seen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back