Discussion Question and Answer Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone got a good (beginner) rugby template for photoshop/gimp?
Interested in learning Illustrator?

These are pdfs you can download and open in Illustrator:

https://1drv.ms/b/s!Ak4FHnTjWwzmg7BaweJBW75CFnFaWA

https://1drv.ms/b/s!Ak4FHnTjWwzmg6Vl9A4RdvSmHd4Rdw

https://1drv.ms/b/s!Ak4FHnTjWwzmg6clCMo4KkGWR5UWKQ

https://1drv.ms/b/s!Ak4FHnTjWwzmg6cifD1XlYcA0fj03Q

Copy and paste the templates you want to use.
I don't use either Gimp or Photoshop, but if you're interested to learn using Illustrator there's plenty of people here who'd be happy to help you.

What happens if Wingard ends up at Hawthorn? Will he have a clause in his contract which will allow him to wear a longy seeing as Clarko apparently doesn't allow them?
Hopefully this is the catalyst for the deal falling through. Can't survive without King Burto.

View attachment 570452
Can anyone identify this guernsey please? I did some research and came up with some sort of NT underage rep team but I wasnt even close to 100% sure about that hence the question here!
A bit late to the party, but I have images of one like this as Northern Territory under 16s (&/or 17s) 2003 (which may or may not be accurate!). Mine don't have the kick start logo on them and have a NAB star logo where the AFL logo is on this image. Unfortunately mine aren't as clear as this one so elements are hard to interpret.

Hi everyone, I tried searching the forum, but I could not find the colour codes for the Brisbane bears anywhere..
Anyone know?

Hi everyone, I tried searching the forum, but I could not find the colour codes for the Brisbane bears anywhere..
Anyone know?

Using Mero's footyjumpers.com and the pin drop tool on Photoshop, I've came up with the following values:

1987-1988
Brown: 69, 24, 22
Yellow: 255, 194, 17

1989-1991
Cerise: 181, 31, 65

1992-1995
Cerise: 171, 5, 52
White: 255, 255, 255

Cerise: 178, 8, 56
Yellow: 252, 184, 36
White: 255, 255, 255

All values are in RGB format. Hope this helps :)

Mero Was just looking through footyjumpers.com and realised you now had the jumpers for each game. Can't imagine how painstaking that would've been so just wanted to let you know that your hard work is appreciated :thumbsu: How did you go about researching the jumpers for each round? Was it hard finding the footage or was it a bit of guess and check involved?

Mero Was just looking through footyjumpers.com and realised you now had the jumpers for each game. Can't imagine how painstaking that would've been so just wanted to let you know that your hard work is appreciated :thumbsu: How did you go about researching the jumpers for each round? Was it hard finding the footage or was it a bit of guess and check involved?
Well aflphotos.com.au has all the photos from present to about the early 90's.

It was pretty easy for uniforms 1897 to about 1999.
Initially it was just one uniform per club per year, then in 1924 it became Black shorts at Home, White shorts Away.
There's a few exceptions, but YouTube is a good source of 80s footy, when it got a little messy.
Since 1999 akkaps has been keeping a spreadsheet of every uniform worn every week.
He kindly shared this wealth of information.
Also, I was sent a spreadsheet of all shorts worn in VFL finals from a user whose user name I forget, but I have his actual name.
(You know who you are, big thanks to Jeff as well)

Apart from changes in socks these have been the resources I've used to create the pages.
Then there's aflphotos & youtube for everything that's unclear.
I've made a spreadsheet that creates most of the html but it still takes a while.
So far this year I've added or changed 3,881 html pages, mostly to represent the various uniforms.

Last edited:
Planning for a South Australian portfolio at the moment. Looking to add Gawler Tigers into it but don't want overlap with Glenelg. Is the nickname that retains the identity of a tiger but isn't Roar?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Planning for a South Australian portfolio at the moment. Looking to add Gawler Tigers into it but don't want overlap with Glenelg. Is the nickname that retains the identity of a tiger but isn't Roar?

I decided to just change the nickname entirely as I remembered there's a Gawler Central Tigers playing in the BLGFA, should have remembered earlier considering I used to play against em.

So I'm looking to add a little realism to my template.

Does anyone have any fabric pictures like this:
99nic3.png

Found it in Again's realistic overlays but I need something similar but not as close up.

If anyone can let me know what to search for exactly, would be much appreciated :)

Also, I guess to add onto that question.

Is it possible to make a realistic jumper template on your own? I do know a lot about Photoshop but don't really know the ins and outs well enough to know how to do all these fancy effects. Is it worth just buying a realistic template?

So I'm looking to add a little realism to my template.

Does anyone have any fabric pictures like this:
View attachment 578969

Found it in Again's realistic overlays but I need something similar but not as close up.

If anyone can let me know what to search for exactly, would be much appreciated :)
White t shirt should to the trick

Is it possible to make a realistic jumper template on your own? I do know a lot about Photoshop but don't really know the ins and outs well enough to know how to do all these fancy effects. Is it worth just buying a realistic template?
Possibly. I think for every poster who votes for the realistic template, there’s on that votes against it. The main advantage of buying one is that it automatically warps based around folds and curves. But even if you buy one, you won’t be beating the likes of Bacon Warrior, Scorch and Freight Train who have their own realistic templates, and that’s not a dig at you at all, it’s just that this board seems to value hard work a lot more than buying a template.

You can add shadows easily. Just use the pen, and with a thick brush draw where you want your shadows to be. Then, Gaussian blur the layer and boom, there's your shadows. Creases are a little bit different- it's the same sort of process but a little more tricky. It's basically all just masking, blurring and layer overlay effects. If you know how to do that, you can quite easily make a realistic template from scratch.

Yes, it's possible.
No, don't buy them.
What I have done in the past is used an already existing image from an online shop, like some white skins or anything like that. Something easy to remove logos and then make into a template. Then find the plain-est white shorts and socks and remove their logos too. The hardest part will be making them the same shade of white, but you'll get it with a bit of practice!

Yes, it's possible.
No, don't buy them.
What I have done in the past is used an already existing image from an online shop, like some white skins or anything like that. Something easy to remove logos and then make into a template. Then find the plain-est white shorts and socks and remove their logos too. The hardest part will be making them the same shade of white, but you'll get it with a bit of practice!
I actually started doing this last night with a white t-shirt haha. Yeah you're right, definitely hard to get the logos off but I'm happy with the progress so far. What would I do after that do you reckon? I'm not too sure how to get colour on it below the shadows (if that makes sense) but that would be what I want to try next.

I've made some in-way with my realistic template experiment. I'll save my questions from this thread and I'll just start posting in my portfolio thread with updates on my progress.

I actually started doing this last night with a white t-shirt haha. Yeah you're right, definitely hard to get the logos off but I'm happy with the progress so far. What would I do after that do you reckon? I'm not too sure how to get colour on it below the shadows (if that makes sense) but that would be what I want to try next.
The clone tool is your best friend for getting rid of logos, just keep playing with it.

In terms of blending modes for texture, I followed some 3D Photoshop soccer templates (which might still be in the template resource thread) where you duplicate the base 3 times and have them all different blending options settings. I can PM you the settings tonight if you want. Then that 4th base layer is a colour overlay one underneath :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back