Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 2 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks in great condition but he doesn’t improve unless the flaws in his marking technique are corrected. That and he reading of the flight of the ball his main issues. Fix those and he would dominate
Just thinking with a Higher fitness base he might be able to get more separation to have time to execute better

Didn't Dalrymple tell a story about how - before the draft - he was worried that English would be an Ayce-like beanpole all his life ... until he met English senior?

Apparently his dad is a pretty hefty unit.
I heard a similar story about Macrae - his dad is pretty solid and that was a big tick

Or one we look back on and ask why the club did not make a move yet keeps Smith ..

Two wrongs don't make a right though.

Maybe we should have delisted Roarke and maybe there was good reason to steer clear of Menzel (despite the fact I thought from the outside he would be a good pick up).

Just get Bailey Smith now.

Two wrongs don't make a right though.

Maybe we should have delisted Roarke and maybe there was good reason to steer clear of Menzel (despite the fact I thought from the outside he would be a good pick up).

Just get Bailey Smith now.

Bailey Smith ... pass

Do not see the appeal there will be better talent on the board

If you want details on Menzel check out Moffra's write up on him on "Moffra's Bottom 50" on Bay 13, pretty much explains why most clubs wouldn't touch him

Knee injuries yada yada

Barely had an issue this year barring an injection that went wrong.

Again, we kept Smith who will probably be delisted next year. Where is his value?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The AFL is also set to provide all clubs the rookie replacement guidelines by the end of the week, which will determine whether Greater Western Sydney can add Shane Mumford to their rookie list under new rules the Commission introduced in October that allow clubs to add players previously nominated for the national draft or on an AFL list between December 1 and March 15 to their rookie list.

The AFL is also set to provide all clubs the rookie replacement guidelines by the end of the week, which will determine whether Greater Western Sydney can add Shane Mumford to their rookie list under new rules the Commission introduced in October that allow clubs to add players previously nominated for the national draft or on an AFL list between December 1 and March 15 to their rookie list.

They seriously should just spin a ******* wheel to determine what to do - unbelievable that a supposedly professional sports code is run this way...

They seriously should just spin a ******* wheel to determine what to do - unbelievable that a supposedly professional sports code is run this way...

Sorry, did you just presume they don’t do that already?

It appears that way. I personally don’t see it, but not expecting it to change

Jury is still out on Smith. Needs a change in luck with injuries and a full pre season before a decision is made.

He has missed more games via knee injuries than he has actually played.

I have seen some glimpses in games that gives me reasons as to why I would persevere with him.

Last edited:
Jury is still out on Smith. Needs a change in luck with injuries and a full pre season before a decision is made.

He has missed more games via knee injuries than he has actually played.

I have seen some glimpses in games that gives shows me reasons why I would persevere with him.

Hope you are right mate and happy to be wrong here....

No real issue with it really. If a player has spent a few years at a club and had to "retire" early or break contract early due to injuries or health issues, they should be able to walk back into that club instead of being forced into another club and carry a s*t team as a gap fill player via draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back