Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 2 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Would u guys do 7+27 for 4 if it meant beating Port to Bailey Smith?
Reaching by trading up can be dangerous. There were plenty of people who wanted us to sell the farm to upgrade pick 4 for pick 1 a few years ago to snare Tom Boyd. Pick 4 was the Bont.

Jury is still out on Smith. Needs a change in luck with injuries and a full pre season before a decision is made.

He has missed more games via knee injuries than he has actually played.

I have seen some glimpses in games that gives me reasons as to why I would persevere with him.
Ditto - he can actually defend which is sometimes harder to see than the flashier stuff.
If only we could combine him with Brad Lynch, we'd have an absolute superstar.

I'm willing to see how he goes with a proper pre-season and a bit of luck on the injury front.

No, I don't see the appeal either...:rolleyes:

I don't know anything about Bailey Smith, so I'm not in a position to comment about him.

But I do remember everyone seeing Matt Fuller's highlights and getting very excited.

I don't know anything about Bailey Smith, so I'm not in a position to comment about him.

But I do remember everyone seeing Matt Fuller's highlights and getting very excited.
I thought he was Vic Metro's best player (along with Ben King) during the champs. I haven't seen him play with or against Caldwell so it's really hard to judge who is better but he is very very good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought he was Vic Metro's best player (along with Ben King) during the champs. I haven't seen him play with or against Caldwell so it's really hard to judge who is better but he is very very good.
I've heard a lot of good things about him admittedly. My point was less about Smith, and more about not judging on highlights videos.

If a Vanilla Slice is being sold at $3:80, you don’t offer to pay $5:40 for it.

I’d spew up if we did that.
Pretty decent analogy

What if there is only one left and someone beat you to it at 3.80? Which could well be the case here

If the club does consider trading our pick 7, I'd infinitely prefer them to trade up, rather than down. Quality will beat quantity virtually every time. Every draft selection is a gamble, but the further down the board you go, the worse the odds of lucking on a champion. The kids that are rated highest, by the consensus of the 'experts' who see far more of these kids than the rest of us do, may or may not live up to their predraft reputations, but you would have to suspect there is a better chance with most of the expected top picks, than those below them generally. We may have picked up a Chris G at 105, but I'd bet it had never happened before or since.

We may have picked up a Chris G at 105, but I'd bet it had never happened before or since.
Some of our rookies selection would be (effectively) near that pick.
The 2010 draft is probably the worst of the modern era but we walked away with free hits on Libba and Wallis, and our first two rookie selections were Dahlhaus and JJ. That's outstanding and considering JJ was a second round rookie pick he'd almost be in the triple figures if you consider the rookie draft an extension of the main draft.
Normie winners don't grow on trees :cool:

Not convinced about what?

These things are always in the eye of the beholder DR.
Not sure I see traits of a A grader in him , but he does remind me a little of Ward , so if he ended anywhere near as good we would all be happy.
Arguing against myself ;)

I've had hits and misses like all on here , pre draft I was hot for Bont and Stringer.
Last year Naughton and Red were my wish list.:cool:
One I got very very very wrong -- Macrae ----- sometimes it's great to be wrong :):):):):)

Not this little black , I was bloody horrified :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back