Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 2 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ben king's highlights make him appear that he's good on the lead while Max king is good with the contested mark. Unfortunately with max is his leaping style is probably what caused his ACL. Likes to lift his leg out in the marking contest and land on 1 leg >_<. I cringed watching his highlights.
I see a more Sloane resemblance for Bailey smith than Cooney or B. Crouch.

Ben king's highlights make him appear that he's good on the lead while Max king is good with the contested mark. Unfortunately with max is his leaping style is probably what caused his ACL. Likes to lift his leg out in the marking contest and land on 1 leg >_<. I cringed watching his highlights.
That’s right on the Kings. I thought I’d read that Max acl was impact/collision related.

Max was a collision ACL.

Smith is faster than Sloane not a good comparison.

Faults are fine but he just never seemed to have time with the ball.
I like his speed and aggression in those highlights. But he seemed to struggle to get through congestion, which is my favourite attribute in a mid. It's what Bont, Libba and Macrae excelled at as a juniors.
Hopefully it is just a poor sample size.

Checkout Collier Dawkins
Has the speed to get through congestion your talking about

Max was a collision ACL.

Smith is faster than Sloane not a good comparison.

Yeh knock on inside of leg.
Prettt serious knee injury as blew out entire knee - did main three ligaments - medial went first from memory and others snapped under pressure etc. His surgeon said in the Afl website doco.

Checkout Collier Dawkins
Has the speed to get through congestion your talking about

It’s the Bont factor, so I like RCD too.

If Rozee or another of the 3 SA guns is still there for our pick, we’d have to at least think about a live trade with the Crows - our pick 7, for their picks 8 + 14.

Would mean we lose out on getting Rozee, but could take RCD + pick 14!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Smith or Rozee and I'll be thrilled.

For the options likely available, it would be Smith, Rozee or King. I’m happy with any of those 3, King would take the longest & have the most doubt, but his ability to go forward & back has me thinking he’d be high up with Bevo’s look for versatility.

He’d be a good example, Wood poor

How lucky are we to have Bont and Macrae. Look at the dustys and buddy's of the world, hold their clubs over a barrel to get every cent and still end up leaving (in most cases). Bont and Macrae just sign non fuss, long term deals without the media circus every time they're due. They both could of definitely held out til the end of the year and had huge offers coming in left right and center but they never do. I ******* love having them at the club. And maybe just maybe the clubs not an awful toxic environment like some would have you believe?

How lucky are we to have Bont and Macrae. Look at the dustys and buddy's of the world, hold their clubs over a barrel to get every cent and still end up leaving (in most cases). Bont and Macrae just sign non fuss, long term deals without the media circus every time they're due. They both could of definitely held out til the end of the year and had huge offers coming in left right and center but they never do. I ******* love having them at the club. And maybe just maybe the clubs not an awful toxic environment like some would have you believe?

100 per cent. We can fiddle about on the edges, but Bont, Macrae and Hunter are the future. They are the players we build around and sometimes in searching for the bigger and better or whinging about what we've lost, we forget what we have.

Some of our rookies selection would be (effectively) near that pick.
The 2010 draft is probably the worst of the modern era but we walked away with free hits on Libba and Wallis, and our first two rookie selections were Dahlhaus and JJ. That's outstanding and considering JJ was a second round rookie pick he'd almost be in the triple figures if you consider the rookie draft an extension of the main draft.
Normie winners don't grow on trees :cool:

Sorry Mof, I do not see the relevance of Libba and Wal here, other than that they were in the same draft. Even as F/S's they were way before 105. I don't have the time to go back over the draft numbers from 2010, but I'd still be surprised if JJ and Dal's. selections were 105th or beyond. Players who fall through to the rooky draft usually do so because clubs see a significant weakness in their game. The Doggies have proved over the years to be quite adept at picking players as rookies, who they could iron some of those wrinkles out their games post being recruited, and as a result we have found plenty of future champs this way. The % of failures at all clubs with players taken late/rooky, is still way beyond what you would find among early picks. There are zero certainties at either end of the draft, but I know where I'd prefer to have most of my picks located.

Sorry Mof, I do not see the relevance of Libba and Wal here, other than that they were in the same draft. Even as F/S's they were way before 105. I don't have the time to go back over the draft numbers from 2010, but I'd still be surprised if JJ and Dal's. selections were 105th or beyond. Players who fall through to the rooky draft usually do so because clubs see a significant weakness in their game. The Doggies have proved over the years to be quite adept at picking players as rookies, who they could iron some of those wrinkles out their games post being recruited, and as a result we have found plenty of future champs this way. The % of failures at all clubs with players taken late/rooky, is still way beyond what you would find among early picks. There are zero certainties at either end of the draft, but I know where I'd prefer to have most of my picks located.
The upside with rookie selections though is you’re only tied to a rookie selection for a single season. Obviously you’d prefer early picks over late ones but depending on how you rate the draft you’d prefer to upgrade some rookies with late picks instead of taking a punt there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back