Certified Legendary Thread China History in the Making

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well done, Dingler. You have invented Bar Crawl Diplomacy.

https://sc.mp/d52cw

USS Ronald Reagan carrier group to visit Hong Kong as China holds out olive branch to America

• US strike group heading to city after visit by senior PLA commander amid drive to ease tensions ahead of Trump-Xi meeting
  • Two months ago China had refused to allow US warship to berth in city as trade war escalated

PUBLISHED : Tuesday, 20 November, 2018, 8:24pm

522b4cfa-ecb9-11e8-b0fe-c62dccd2d711_1280x720_213114.jpg

“Now where’s this Eddie Dingle bloke? I want to talk about Tsingtao Beer sponsoring the Power.”

In downtown Boluo and can’t get a Tsingtao.... ****ing Budweiser! It’s all trumps fault

In downtown Boluo and can’t get a Tsingtao.... ****ing Budweiser! It’s all trumps fault
All the Tsingtao has been shipped to Hong Kong. 7,000 thirsty US sailors in town for three days, maybe four? Mate, you come second.

https://www.afr.com/business/annett...-gina-rineharts-cattle-empire-20181121-h185yb

‘Things We Love’ reveals life inside Gina Rinehart’s cattle empire

1542836427619.jpg

... Hancock agriculture chief executive David Larkin said only 500 copies had been printed initially but a second print run was planned with all profits going to drought relief.

Mr Larkin said station and farming people told their stories in their words in Things We Love.

The contributors include station children, station managers, bore runners and grader drivers who are the backbone of Australia's cattle industry.

They share a slice of station life as well as favourite smoko and dinner recipes in the book.

There are contributions from former trade minister Andrew Robb, conservative media commentator Andrew Bolt and Shanghai CRED owner Gui Guojie.

https://www.afr.com/business/china-...oon-for-aussie-dairy-vitamins-20181122-h1875j

China delays new import laws in boon for Aussie dairy, vitamins

upload_2018-11-22_12-31-28.jpeg

Well done, Dingler. You have invented Bar Crawl Diplomacy.

https://sc.mp/d52cw

USS Ronald Reagan carrier group to visit Hong Kong as China holds out olive branch to America

• US strike group heading to city after visit by senior PLA commander amid drive to ease tensions ahead of Trump-Xi meeting
  • Two months ago China had refused to allow US warship to berth in city as trade war escalated

PUBLISHED : Tuesday, 20 November, 2018, 8:24pm

522b4cfa-ecb9-11e8-b0fe-c62dccd2d711_1280x720_213114.jpg

“Now where’s this Eddie Dingle bloke? I want to talk about Tsingtao Beer sponsoring the Power.”

Took the opportunity to checkout the Sports Page of this very interesting newspaper.
Noticed other sports groups angling to get established in China aka Port.
However the country itself is big enough by all measurements to absorb many sports without any obvious hiccups.

Took the opportunity to checkout the Sports Page of this very interesting newspaper.
Noticed other sports groups angling to get established in China aka Port.
However the country itself is big enough by all measurements to absorb many sports without any obvious hiccups.
South China Morning Post was established in Hong Kong in 1903.
At that time there were three other English-language newspapers here, the others being the China Mail (est. 1845), the Hongkong Daily Press (est. 1864) and the Hong Kong Telegraph (est. 1881).
In 1971 when I landed here there were China Mail, Hongkong Standard and the Star as well as the Post which at various times over the past few decades has been owned by Murdoch, then the Shangri-La Kwoks from Malaysia, now Alibaba.
It remains the most prominent English-language newspaper published in Hong Kong. In 2013 when Russell Ebert, Tom Jonas and Tom Logan flew in for Grand Final weekend to stage a junior clinic and kick off our China Strategy at the Hong Kong Football Club the Post reported it thusly:

Port Adelaide legend Russell Ebert seals deal on Australian Rules scheme https://www.scmp.com/sport/hong-kon...end-russell-ebert-seals-deal-australian-rules

The very pro, get a team from Victoria to play in China Minister for Trade and Investment, Innovation and the Digital Economy and Small Business, Philip Dalidakis, has been dumped by Daniel Andrews from the ministry as he has announced a new 50% women ministers team. Allocation of portfolios will be announced sometime tomorrow. Hopefully someone who was as keen on the China game as Dalidakis gets the relevant ministry.

The very pro, get a team from Victoria to play in China Minister for Trade and Investment, Innovation and the Digital Economy and Small Business, Philip Dalidakis, has been dumped by Daniel Andrews from the ministry as he has announced a new 50% women ministers team. Allocation of portfolios will be announced sometime tomorrow. Hopefully someone who was as keen on the China game as Dalidakis gets the relevant ministry.
Dumping the Minister for Trade and Investment, Innovation and the Digital Economy and Small Business to meet quotas. How progressive.

Dumping the Minister for Trade and Investment, Innovation and the Digital Economy and Small Business to meet quotas. How progressive.

Honestly, LOL at that portfolio. If anything screams 'factionally important, but a worthless member' it's having five titles, all of which are impossible to pinpoint.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a disaster this Federal Government is.
I think REH was referring to the Vic state govt:

A collectivist agenda is usually framed as, “what can we do to gain more opportunity/fairness/respect for more of us?”
These are always stated explicitly, and are supported by consistent behaviours.

An individualist agenda is usually framed as, “what can I do to gain more power/money/fame for me?”
These are never stated explicitly, but are revealed through persistent behaviours.

One of the most common behaviours of the latter type is presenting themselves as the instigator of things that are the result of the efforts of multiple people.

Sound familiar?

I’m sure David Koch has good intentions for the club, and has certainly been an immense step up from the dark days, but I’ve seen too many examples of behaviours that show he instinctively operates on an individualist agenda. (Hell, even his ‘prodigal son’ back story is focussed on his honouring of his father.)

I don’t believe that this is the type of leadership that our club needs right now.

Was that Austrade's line that they wrote independent of Koch, or did Koch say what we are in doing in China in such a way, that it looks like that is his attitude? I don't know, but it doesn't look good.

Was that Austrade's line that they wrote independent of Koch, or did Koch say what we are in doing in China in such a way, that it looks like that is his attitude? I don't know, but it doesn't look good.
Koch retweeted it, so yes that is his attitude, not that there was any doubt.

Koch retweeted it, so yes that is his attitude, not that there was any doubt.
Didn't know he retweeted it. But not commenting on the retweet to down play it, removes any doubt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back