Bluemour Discussion Thread XV - Facts Not Welcome

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re curnow and McGovern he thinks they're good but can't rely on them to be power forwards that's all. Obviously rates curnow as they played together

Which power forward of the modern game can be relied upon FFS. I think the ability to run and jump and create confusion within the oppositions zone defence trumps any so called power forward

- him and other players would come out of team meetings and not know what the game plan was. Too complicated. Either game plan was too complicated or our players aren't up to speed with the complexity of modern football. Solution is simple - dumb it down a little and keep building gradually. Also, get rid of players who show over time that they can't get their heads around it.

OR there is a certain intuition that need to be developed amongst the players, something that develops over time and with a group playing together for long enough to develop the necessary cohesion. Game time together . Its about knowing your game plan much better than the opposition does so that you can be unpredictable to your opponents , but at the same time predictable to your teammates .
If you cast your mind over the 2018 season it is easy to see that we had both a very young squad playing , and also a lot of players rotating in and out , who had not played with each other for very long

OR there is a certain intuition that need to be developed amongst the players, something that develops over time and with a group playing together for long enough to develop the necessary cohesion. Game time together . Its about knowing your game plan much better than the opposition does so that you can be unpredictable to your opponents , but at the same time predictable to your teammates .
If you cast your mind over the 2018 season it is easy to see that we had both a very young squad playing , and also a lot of players rotating in and out , who had not played with each other for very long

That does not suit anyones narrative Rubman!

:thumbsu:

After just reading the Alex Johnson article on AFL.com, http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-12-27/more-to-give-former-swan-lays-out-his-plans-for-afl-comeback, i thought i'd post what i heard from a good source a week or so ago.

We haven't just offered Johnson the chance to play VFL, the reason he chose us was that we have indicated to him that we will keep a list spot open til near the cutoff date next year for him if his knee(s) shapes up. So for those interested in how and when we will round out the final list, this is/was the plan.

Maybe the Doc and Pickett injuries may alter this, but i can't see them reversing on a committment/strong indication. So i would suggest that a spot will be left open into the season.

After just reading the Alex Johnson article on AFL.com, http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-12-27/more-to-give-former-swan-lays-out-his-plans-for-afl-comeback, i thought i'd post what i heard from a good source a week or so ago.

We haven't just offered Johnson the chance to play VFL, the reason he chose us was that we have indicated to him that we will keep a list spot open til near the cutoff date next year for him if his knee(s) shapes up. So for those interested in how and when we will round out the final list, this is/was the plan.

Maybe the Doc and Pickett injuries may alter this, but i can't see them reversing on a committment/strong indication. So i would suggest that a spot will be left open into the season.
Big gamble, is he any good?

we tend to blindly follow any decisions the swans as a club make - which still gives me the yips regarding hello newman - they supported johnson through 40 billion knee recos for a reason we all say - some blokes are destined to never fulfill their potential we all say - looking at you neil daniher.........

Was thinking along the same lines when reading that earlier.
His rehab will be interesting to follow.
Still no date announced yet for mid-season draft..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alex_Johnson_(Australian_footballer)
Career[edit]

Originally from Victoria, and educated at Xavier College, Johnson played under-18s football for Oakleigh Chargers in the TAC Cup, serving as captain in his final season.[1] He was drafted by the Sydney Swans in the No. 57 selection in the 2011 AFL Draft, and made his first appearance at the senior AFL level early in the 2011 AFL season,[2] debuting in Round 3 against West Coast[3] and maintaining his position for the entire year.

This is a terrible idea, but I doubt he'll manage to put his hand up anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Semi Rumour

Speaking to a bloke from works son, said Koutas son has joined his basketball team. Apparently the coach was groaning when they found out he was coming back as he was no good

But he is now 200cm at 16, built like a fridge and can dunk like nobodies business.

Very interesting

Sorry if this has been quoted many times, but I just don’t buy it. Johnson is a good player but he did his ACL this season, you would think with his history that anything less than 12 months recovery would be reckless.

I can see us letting him know there might be a spot for 2020 if his body holds up in the VFL at the back end of 2019 but to commit to him for 2019 would be crazy.

Just my opinion.

Sorry if this has been quoted many times, but I just don’t buy it. Johnson is a good player but he did his ACL this season, you would think with his history that anything less than 12 months recovery would be reckless.

I can see us letting him know there might be a spot for 2020 if his body holds up in the VFL at the back end of 2019 but to commit to him for 2019 would be crazy.

Just my opinion.

That's pretty much my opinion too. But not my information.

I don't think it is a first world problem in the scheme of things re Carlton 2019 to 2029, but an interesting lil sidelight to see what eventuates with that last list spot.

If I get a ban I regret nothing
I followed your post from the no discussion thread. You made me troll through a whooooooole bunch of posts I'd generally ignore on a footy forum on the look out more about this Peterson player. Well, played.

I begrudgingly offer you a like.

This makes no sense.

He did his knee in August.

You'd think recovery would be min 9-10 months, taking him to May-June. I can't see Carlton recruiting him mid-year coming off yet another ACL.

Sure, Goldsack played 5 months after an ACL. But given Alex's history, I think you'd err on the side of caution (12+ months).

Semi Rumour

Speaking to a bloke from works son, said Koutas son has joined his basketball team. Apparently the coach was groaning when they found out he was coming back as he was no good

But he is now 200cm at 16, built like a fridge and can dunk like nobodies business.

Very interesting

A super-athletic Koutoufides playing for Carlton after growing up with another sport?

Pffffft. That'll never work. :p

Last edited:
This makes no sense.

He did his knee in August.

You'd think recovery would be min 9-10 months, taking him to May-June. I can't see Carlton recruiting him mid-year coming off yet another ACL.

Sure, Goldsack played 5 months after an ACL. But given Alex's history, I think you'd err on the side of caution (12+ months).

Just passing on what i heard Ferris.

There is my opinion, and your opinion.....then there are rumours. This is a rumour sourced from info.

We'll see i guess. Doesn't make much sense to me, but.........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back