Society/Culture Jordan B Peterson

Remove this Banner Ad

And for the lanky pillock who brought up that insufferable old bore Scruton. Jordan has already DEMOLISHED him.

Thoroughly schooled him on what it means to be a conservative, and Roger Dodger is now a Lobster disciple.

In the middle of it all the great man was knighted, and walked out of the theatre Sir Jordan Peterson.

Why you have to be like this
No offence meant. Just a bit of fun. I enjoy reading your heartfelt - not too strong a characterisation I think - of a populist I have not the same affection for. As I put way back in this longish thread.

I just reckon next Monday is a missed opportunity to have JP's views tested. Seems it will be more of a PR thing for him. But I'll watch. Who knows, I might become a convert.:)

No offence meant. Just a bit of fun. I enjoy reading your heartfelt - not too strong a characterisation I think - of a populist I have not the same affection for. As I put way back in this longish thread.

I just reckon next Monday is a missed opportunity to have JP's views tested. Seems it will be more of a PR thing for him. But I'll watch. Who knows, I might become a convert.:)
I'm a fan, but he's no flawless saviour of humanity! There are plenty of great thinkers to be paying attention to. JBP just gets the most attention publicly and on here.

I'm a fan, but he's no flawless saviour of humanity! There are plenty of great thinkers to be paying attention to. JBP just gets the most attention publicly and on here.
Critics spend far more time on Jordan than many of his fans do.

You'd occasionally watch a Maps presentation, and the odd REKT video when he butts heads with some nincompoop.

Unless you're a psychology major, how much more is there? I'm certainly not going through 500 hours of video on Nietzsche and Jung.

Looks like Jordan is living rent free in the heads of many lefties.

Critics spend far more time on Jordan than many of his fans do.

You'd occasionally watch a Maps presentation, and the odd REKT video when he butts heads with some nincompoop.

Unless you're a psychology major, how much more is there? I'm certainly not going through 500 hours of video on Nietzsche and Jung.

Looks like Jordan is living rent free in the heads of many lefties.

It’s just the “he is my Lord and my salvation” crowd that give us the shits.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

It’s just the “he is my Lord and my salvation” crowd that give us the shits.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
You know who gives us the shits?

The posters who have obviously never read seen or heard Jordan, or his lectures, just going off the ramblings of one of the many hit pieces written on him.

Chief wears as a badge of honour the fact he never watches videos or reads any of Jordan's material.

I think the “test JP” mindset is slowly disappearing and leftists are realising they can now have a worthy discussion with him.

It’s taken 18 months, and this is what he has always set out to achieve.

The feminists and neo marxists don’t really achieve anything by challenging him unless they can edit his videos but he is no longer doing interviews where he can’t film the whole thing.

I think the “test JP” mindset is slowly disappearing and leftists are realising they can now have a worthy discussion with him.

It’s taken 18 months, and this is what he has always set out to achieve.

The feminists and neo marxists don’t really achieve anything by challenging him unless they can edit his videos but he is no longer doing interviews where he can’t film the whole thing.
Testing his positions are part-n-parcel of having "a worthy discussion" And there isn't anyone on that panel who is capable of doing it. It's a free kick.

Testing his positions are part-n-parcel of having "a worthy discussion" And there isn't anyone on that panel who is capable of doing it. It's a free kick.

Good point.

If you could hand pick an Australian panel to challenge him who would you choose?

I agree that testing his positions are part n parcel of a worthy discussion.

Peterson’s brand is to test the lefts ideas rather than the other way around.

Maybe I’m a simpleton but he comes across as speaking common sense with a lot of what he said.

Definitely has a big ego.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good point.

If you could hand pick an Australian panel to challenge him who would you choose?

I agree that testing his positions are part n parcel of a worthy discussion.

Peterson’s brand is to test the lefts ideas rather than the other way around.

Maybe I’m a simpleton but he comes across as speaking common sense with a lot of what he said.

Definitely has a big ego.
I mentioned Bernard Schiff before but the ABC budget wouldn't cope with that cost.;)

Josh Bornstein or Jeremy Sear. Or both. A couple of names that would fill the bill.

And for the lanky pillock who brought up that insufferable old bore Scruton. Jordan has already DEMOLISHED him.

Thoroughly schooled him on what it means to be a conservative, and Roger Dodger is now a Lobster disciple.

In the middle of it all the great man was knighted, and walked out of the theatre Sir Jordan Peterson.

I'm only part way through this video but it's clear that Peterson is at least on par intellectually with Scruton, and probably has him beat. But it's not a competition. I like both of them.

I doubt Contra Mundum will watch the video but I think he needs to justify his comments such as 'Jordy is a chancer and academic mediocrity who had a lucky break on a YouTube video' and 'Scruton makes Jordy look like a shaved monkey'.

You know who gives us the shits?

The posters who have obviously never read seen or heard Jordan, or his lectures, just going off the ramblings of one of the many hit pieces written on him.

Chief wears as a badge of honour the fact he never watches videos or reads any of Jordan's material.

The astounding thing for me is that Jordan Peterson, of all people, may just end up being the catalyst of introspection that ends up stopping the "left's" head from disappearing so far up it's own arse that it suffocates itself. He simply cannot be neutralised by their contemporary socio-political nonsense.

It's well overdue.

I'm only part way through this video but it's clear that Peterson is at least on par intellectually with Scruton, and probably has him beat. But it's not a competition. I like both of them.

I doubt Contra Mundum will watch the video but I think he needs to justify his comments such as 'Jordy is a chancer and academic mediocrity who had a lucky break on a YouTube video' and 'Scruton makes Jordy look like a shaved monkey'.
That's the problem.

They don't watch. They don't read. They just follow buzzfeed.

The astounding thing for me is that Jordan Peterson, of all people, may just end up being the catalyst of introspection that ends up stopping the "left's" head from disappearing so far up it's own arse that it suffocates itself. He simply cannot be neutralised by their contemporary socio-political nonsense.

It's well overdue.
The left is in such a mess the jaws of life couldn't extract its bulbous head from its overextended arse.

It's been a joy to watch.

The left is in such a mess the jaws of life couldn't extract its bulbous head from its overextended arse.

It's been a joy to watch.

It has actually been a tragedy.

Real working class people have been abandoned whilst middle class w***ers have moved in and feathered their nests in order to indulge their own personal absurdities.

Last edited:
They hate the rich and successful, but don't particularly like the poor.

The rich are monsters, and the poor are just misguided souls that require ideological redemption.

I despise these usurpers far more than the conservatives.

The rich are monsters, and the poor are just misguided souls that require ideological redemption.

I despise these usurpers far more than the conservatives.

Low self esteem and status anxiety is a driving force behind these types.

They can’t keep up with the Jones’ from a wealth/materialistic point but they can surpass the Jones’ in the virtue stakes.

This gives them a better sense of self and higher status because in their world status is measured by how virtuous you are.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back