Where is Daniel Howe

Remove this Banner Ad

Same, I just think that role goes to Shiels.

I'm honestly struggling to see another role for him though, unless we're planning to let Shiels off the leash.

Yeah I reckon Shiels will have to be more of a ball winning mid (at least til Wingard/Scully are up and running). He's 2nd now to JOM on the inside. Howe may be the blocker for JOM, Shiels, Worpel at stoppages etc

We can't really afford to lose another starting midfielder atm, can we?

It's great to have depth and players rotating through the middle but you really need those consistent midfielders to ensure synergy.

I mention in the Round 1 thread, that I believe that Scrimshaw should be in the side before Howe.

While I don't question his effort or dedication, he's very limited as a footballer and I feel that perhaps some at the club feel the same.

I think that if anything, he's best suited to a tagging role.

Or I could be way off and totally misreading the situation.

Hopefully we find somewhere for him because despite his shortcomings, he certainly does try and he's also not afraid to fly the flag.

Reckon you haven't been watching Howe. We need a few units around the ground. Starting player.

If all he has going for him is his size, then he's sure as hell not going to make it.

Like I said, I'm not questioning his heart, but unfortunately he doesn't bring a while lot to the table.

I'm not trying to sound harsh, just telling it Howe I see it.

Jeez. You are sounding harsh. Did a great job tagging and got plenty of ball.

How you see it... (in my opinion)

stevie-wonder-2013-650-430.jpg

Jeez. You are sounding harsh. Did a great job tagging and got plenty of ball.

How you see it... (in my opinion)

View attachment 631595

Like I said, he's definitely best suited for a tagging role.

He kicked ass and took names, but other than that I'm not sure what else he's suited to.

He definitely has a whole lot of campaigner in him, which I'm a fan of as well.

Ideally given our current situation, I think that we should let Shiels off the leash and give the tagging duties to Howe, but that's just my thoughts.

Who knows where he'll line up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah I reckon Shiels will have to be more of a ball winning mid (at least til Wingard/Scully are up and running). He's 2nd now to JOM on the inside. Howe may be the blocker for JOM, Shiels, Worpel at stoppages etc

I totally agree with you mate.

It's times like these, I wish our club was as honest as others. In the immortal words of Travis Cloke, "They’re pretty straight to their word. They don’t talk a lot of smoke and shadows behind the windows.”

Take heed Hawthorn! No more smokey windows!

Last edited:
Jesus it’s been a disastrous pre season for the new fitness guy, so many key players injured.. what’s going on?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back