2023 AFL Fixture is in

Remove this Banner Ad

Suspended my membership a few months ago pending outcome of FN inquiry and AGM. No incentive to renew provided by this fixture. My drift away from AFL continues. Local footy an increasingly viable alternative.

Looks like I'll have to live off the replays of the 10 Hawks GF wins I've been privileged to witness personally.

The amount of MCG games is a bit of a debacle. As is playing the saints twice at docklands.

Won’t complain about time slots though. Play good footy and the prime time will come.
Although isn’t it half club induced because of the games we sell to Tassie in a way

Last edited:
So crap, but glass half full we finish the season with 1 in Tassie and 6 at home in Melbourne, big finish and we get a better draw next year. I never got on to the conspiracy theory that the AFL hates us ! But coming around to it. Like others have said we win more we get better draws. Demand our spots by setting the tone. Play exciting footy and they have to give us better and bigger spots in the draw. It’s up to us. Go Hawks!

According to another thread the utas redovelopment might be starting in 2024 could be a good thing for Melbourne fans if they can’t play in tassie

It was tolerable when we had half decent draws and nothing ridiculous like a 2 month gap between MCG home games but it’s just getting worse and worse each season and the St Kilda ‘home’ game is just the biggest slap in the face.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Could be better, but in terms of fixturing, we have home games against essendon, pies and blues. That's a good money turner if blues and pies are there about

We'd nor ally be the away team vs the blues and scum, so it's a positive as far as I'm concerned

Lack of prime time games means we are likely to fly under the radar, a bit like what happened between 04 and 07

Suspended my membership a few months ago pending outcome of FN inquiry and AGM. No incentive to renew provided by this fixture. My drift away from AFL continues. Local footy an increasingly viable alternative.

Looks like I'll have to live off the replays of the 10 Hawks GF wins I've been privileged to witness personally.
Living up to your username.

Ffs, get over it the lot of you whinging sooks.
Turn up. Support the club

Just nine games @ MCG. That is the least we have had since we moved from Waverley, and same as Carlton, who are a Marvel tenant. Hopeless.
So we play 13 at our home venues then, including Tas?

To play devils advocate for a moment... The final 9 rounds don't have dates and times yet. We play well and we may snag a couple of better time slots on the run home.

To be frank however, it's a poor draw with some head scratching booking. Personally, as somebody who lives 4 hours North of Melbourne, I live for the day that our Tassie expedition is over. It's already super tough to get to games since I play footy myself and have a young family. Every single year our local byes fall on Tassie games for the Hawks and it's super frustrating.

Meh. We just “gutted” our list according to most in the media, we’re now seen as spoon favorites and we have an outgoing president that’s still throwing mud at AFL house, on top of the First Nations review which is a handball receive that Gil’s not too enthused about.

None of that had me thinking we’re going to gifted a great draw.

All in all, I don’t mind our double up games, as they could’ve been worse and while travelling isn’t great for fans it’s a great opportunity for such a young list to bed down a culture of “anywhere anytime” and the processes to serve them well for the rest of their career.

Besides, if we win 4 of our first 6(very possible) they’ll be forced to take a second look, but for now, we’ve got the draw of a side that people see as holding up the bottom of the ladder.

Finally a game in QLD woohoo!

4:40 PM on a Sunday at the Gold Coast. FMD.

Pretty much resigned myself to losing the kids to NRL. :mad:
Yep parking at metricon is crap. Only way is catching the train to Nerang and then getting a bus to the ground. Then having to wait for the buses afterwards. It’s a nice stadium, just built in a crap location.

"hmm, what non contender team has really given the Hawks trouble the last few years? Yeah, OK, lets put them twice. Oh, and make the 2nd one a Hawks home game, but at Marvel again. Home city you know ;). Let's see what Jeff thinks of that!"

Surely that's the stuff of tin foil hat conspiracy, right?

Right?

(It is what it is. Got to play someone somewhere, and since it's impossible for the fixture to be even are there any club's supporters happy with their fixture?)

So crap, but glass half full we finish the season with 1 in Tassie and 6 at home in Melbourne, big finish and we get a better draw next year. I never got on to the conspiracy theory that the AFL hates us ! But coming around to it. Like others have said we win more we get better draws. Demand our spots by setting the tone. Play exciting footy and they have to give us better and bigger spots in the draw. It’s up to us. Go Hawks!
Unless you’re Essendon who had a very poor performing year, finished below us and still get gifted 7 prime time highly commercial slots over our 0.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back