2023 PCM - Will Day Peter Crimmins medalist 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Congratulations to Will Day and all of the top 10 finishers. The result reflects on his and the mid field's improvement this year and that has been a tremendous achievement after losing Mitchell and O'Meara. We are in good hands. I think it also reflects in the overall improvement of the team in the short space of 12 months after a very shaky start to the season.

I feel Sicily may of taken the PCM 2023 medal if it weren’t for those suspensions.

Congratulations to Day, Newk and Nash who had a brilliant years.

Disappointed for Newk, but I am sure his time will come before too long.

Really happy for Will. I think this will take him to the next level and he will soar even higher in 2024.

A little surprised that Newk didn't win it to be honest, as per his Brownlow Votes I thought he was our most damaging player all year.

But Day definitely had an awesome year, a very worthy winner. And he did win the Yabby which is an excellent guide to the PCM results as a rule.

A real reflection of our team though that apart from Sicily all of our top ten finishers are all midfielders / half backs / half forwards.

Shows how bad our key position player stocks were this year.

Well done Day, Newc and Nash!

I thunk we all need to appreciate how valuable Day’s versatility is to the side. Hodge like. Can play him anywhere to influence the game. Newc has had some influence up forward and i expect him to improve there but when he has a down game he doesn’t benefit from being moved out if the centre (from a votes perspective) where as day does.

Day: Disposals 25.6, Contested 9.4, Disposal Efficiency 78%, Goals 0.3, Tackles 3.5, Clearances 4.2, Score involvements 5.4

Newcombe: Disposals 25.1, Contested 11.3, Disposal Efficiency 77%, Goals 0.6, Tackles 4.3, Clearances 5.5, Score involvements 6.4

Those disposal efficiency for inside mids are crazy.

Am I right in saying Sam was the one pushing for Newc to be drafted to the Hawks and also the one who threw Nash into the midfield???
Nash wouldnt be at the club without mitchell moving him to the middle. Newc would have been drafted regardless as other clubs were aware of his potential at the time of the msd. Dont think we can give all the credit to sam here. But certainly he was a fan.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Day: Disposals 25.6, Contested 9.4, Disposal Efficiency 78%, Goals 0.3, Tackles 3.5, Clearances 4.2, Score involvements 5.4

Newcombe: Disposals 25.1, Contested 11.3, Disposal Efficiency 77%, Goals 0.6, Tackles 4.3, Clearances 5.5, Score involvements 6.4

Those disposal efficiency for inside mids are crazy.
their kicking efficiencies are in the very high 60s too from memory. there would be very, very few inside mids in the comp with efficiency statistics like those two

i was right, the disposal efficiency of Newcombe/Day in 2023 was better than the classiest inside/outside mids i could think of:

Dawson
Merrett
N. Daicos
Bont
Rozee
Brayshaw

and yep as theiaofseed confirms their kicking efficiencies is top 3 of the above list too (N. Daicos is a tiny bit higher... fair enough lol). absurdly composed under pressure those two.

Nash wouldnt be at the club without mitchell moving him to the middle. Newc would have been drafted regardless as other clubs were aware of his potential at the time of the msd. Dont think we can give all the credit to sam here. But certainly he was a fan.
I remember years ago at a Box Hill game standing next to Morrison and Nash. I said to my son Morrison is going to be a gun, not too sure about Nash.
Shows how much I know😂

Great to see Will have a clean run at it.

Showed plenty. A window into what he could be. Still hope he has some growth. More goals and lacing out forwards should be an off season focus.

Shocked he won the b+f but good on him.

Seemed to be lots of love for Adrian Hickmont

Coincidence??? I think not - No hickmont or Mitchell - no eagles 😂
Hickmont is a quiet achiever.
You could say he goes unrewarded on these boards.

The way he speaks to players is exceptional.

I'm actually stunned Day won over Jai if I'm honest.

Same. I'd love to know what the coaches were looking for when considering their votes. Did Day perform a few more team-oriented roles?

I suppose when looking at the stats Newcombe has sub 20 touches three times, whilst Day only had sub 20 once. That was probably the difference right there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back