Hawthorn AGM 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

The setting was very poor , the whole playing list not there and the venue no comparison to hawthorn town hall

The context and questions very good

I’m glad the board is finally trying to address the fixturing scam lead by Geelong supporting fixture boss Phil stone

Russell Greene’s swipe at Gowers was strange

The 10 mill promised by Gowers for dingley and not delivered also a talking point

Edit: Ownership of Op changed, as Moderators cannot be on ignore lists.

Last edited:

The agm is not about don scott

He along with others asked about the 10 mill for dingley Gowers had as an election mantra last year and not delivered, Gowers didn’t really answer this …..Scott also spoke about 3 board members conflict of interest to which Gowers responded too

I’m glad the board has put the fixturing scam as a focus …the excuses Kennett offered and Gowers to a lesser extent offered as a reason where also rebutted correctly

Phil stone the Geelong supporting fixture boss was also exposed

I did not understand why Russell greene took a swipe at Gowers re he being on the board and newbould the President (who is now afl admin )when
Race allegations allegedly happened

Thought that was very poor by Greene at the end, very weird as he stood up on stage in front of everyone and had a jab at Gowers.
Don Scott is a dinosaur and a trouble maker

The agm is not about don scott

He along with others asked about the 10 mill for dingley Gowers had as an election mantra last year and not delivered, Gowers didn’t really answer this …..Scott also spoke about 3 board members conflict of interest to which Gowers responded too

I’m glad the board has put the fixturing scam as a focus …the excuses Kennett offered and Gowers to a lesser extent offered as a reason where also rebutted correctly

Phil stone the Geelong supporting fixture boss was also exposed

I did not understand why Russell greene took a swipe at Gowers re he being on the board and newbould the President (who is now afl admin )when
Race allegations allegedly happened
What did Russell Greene say?

I copped a bit a while ago when I said we shouldn't waste our effort placating Scott, and I haven't gone back on that. I'm all for people calling out the club where necessary but that bloke loves coming out of the woodwork to pot us. Thanks for the good work stopping the merger, but that debt of gratitude is gone.

Honestly though I respect what dons done for the club but surely he didn’t need to attend the agm with the sole purpose of picking a fight

All Don has left is picking fights.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What did Russell Greene say?
he went on stage and asked Gowers whom was president when the alleged race issues happened ....answer Newbould and then Kennett

he asked if Gowers was in board with newbould when race allegations happened ...answer yes

Basically he took a swipe at Gowers

My only genuine concern for us moving forward is our ability to offset the pokies losses. We had a very short term windfall from selling the venues off, but we absolutely need to bring in revenue other ways. Gowers was asked, and his answer that we were looking at growing membership doesn't quite cut it.

Worth repeating here too. Don Scott wasn't shut down. He asked several questions throughout the lengthy question time and Andy answered each with patience and respect despite Don becoming increasingly belligerent.

He was given more freedom than Kennett would've ever given someone throwing so many barbs.

My only genuine concern for us moving forward is our ability to offset the pokies losses. We had a very short term windfall from selling the venues off, but we absolutely need to bring in revenue other ways. Gowers was asked, and his answer that we were looking at growing membership doesn't quite cut it.
💯 correct

We are not replacing 15 mill per annum through membership growth alone that Gowers spoke of …there are measures in place to grow membership with new training base but that won’t cut it alone

They are looking at other means which they will announce when it’s not “commercially sensitive “ and I look forward to that

I know a bit more on this matter and dingley project but I won’t discuss in here

The attendance was poor compared to hawthorn town hall …regardless the issues that needed to be raised (fixture gate lead by Geelong muppet fixture boss Phil stone ) the 10 mill Gowers promised as election mantra and hasn’t delivered , How are we replacing 15 mill revenue that we where told we will be ? , where all raised

Not all where answered fully but it’s pleasing that’s it’s now on the boards radar especially fixture gate and Phil stone the Geelong muppets conspiring to have Geelong 1st on free to air and us dead last again

I don’t mind Don around doing his thing every now and then. You need to make space for that type too. At the end of the day, he loves the club more than I think any of us do.
I think Don loves Don.

He has explicitly said a number of times that he doesn’t have the same love for the club that he used to.

I copped a bit a while ago when I said we shouldn't waste our effort placating Scott, and I haven't gone back on that. I'm all for people calling out the club where necessary but that bloke loves coming out of the woodwork to pot us. Thanks for the good work stopping the merger, but that debt of gratitude is gone.

100%.
Sad to say, but a once fine leader is a long, long way down the rabbit hole.

simpsons-grandpa-simpson.gif

A few points from me

1. Scott asked about seven questions. It’s the AGM, not the Don Scott show (he does that with Sam Newman). Scotty wasn’t shut down, he was happy to hand over the mike and didn’t complain. Media beat up.

2. Since Gowers was elected, the state government has given Hawthorn $15m. The board is a bunch of volunteers and they have been mostly focused on the racism shemozzle

3. The fundraising job is actually Tim Shearer’s. he was appointed as they key fundraiser on the board by Kennett

4. Greene is close mates with Ann-Marie Pellizer, a fanatical Kennett loyalist. Greene sent out a text to past players trying to raise money for her campaign at last year’s AGM.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back