Autopsy Round 13, 2023 : Hawthorn mauls Brisbane

Remove this Banner Ad

Feeling pretty filthy about the Sicily referral. Not that it matters, but anything more than a couple of weeks will all but rule him out for AA which would be a travesty given the snub last year. Hope we fight it hard.
Yep I had the same thought. If he doesn't get one AA out of the last 2 seasons it's an absolute disgrace. I think Tom Stewart played 17 games one year and was AA so got to get that point into the media.

I said before the game that one of the things I was most interested in seeing (regardless of result) was how our midfielders bounced back from getting their arse served to them the week before.

Very happy with the response. Great games from the big four - Day, Jai, Nash and Worpel, and great to see Connor Mac step up.

One thing that I noticed in passing - though not sure how consistent it was - was that Jai didn't really have a presence around the bell for the first half of the first quarter. Clearly he turned the game in the third. I wonder how much of the first half he was not on the ball during normal play. Anyone happen to notice? I see he attended a lot of CBs, but not sure if he then moved onto a flank for general play, as I don't recall seeing him near the ball.

I love that Dylan Moore loves Hawthorn as much as we all do.

He was a hawks fan before we got him.
Growing up a hawks nuffie was always going to help him
I said before the game that one of the things I was most interested in seeing (regardless of result) was how our midfielders bounced back from getting their arse served to them the week before.

Very happy with the response. Great games from the big four - Day, Jai, Nash and Worpel, and great to see Connor Mac step up.

One thing that I noticed in passing - though not sure how consistent it was - was that Jai didn't really have a presence around the bell for the first half of the first quarter. Clearly he turned the game in the third. I wonder how much of the first half he was not on the ball during normal play. Anyone happen to notice? I see he attended a lot of CBs, but not sure if he then moved onto a flank for general play, as I don't recall seeing him near the ball.
Duke started on the bench, and don't think he came on until about 10 mins in

He didnt come on from bench for the first five minutes on the game clock
Incidentally sicily was on the bench end of q2 when 2 goals were kicked

He didnt come on from bench for the first five minutes on the game clock
Incidentally sicily was on the bench end of q2 when 2 goals were kicked
Saw Sicily come off and thought it was a strange decision. Those late rotations in quarters of key players make no sense to me

Sis will get minimum 3 because he is Sis brocky will get 2 weeks coz he was apart of the incident and the rest of the players suspended and fined for not tanking

Matt Spanger is waiting in the lobby
You are clearly new and don't know the Way of the Spanger. Consider this from Bible, read it then recant.

Deuteronomy 28:20-22
The Lord will send on thou curses, confusion and rebuke in everything thou put hand to, until thou are destroyed and come to sudden ruin because of the evil you have done in forsaking the Spanger. The Lord will plague you with diseases until he has destroyed thou from the land. The Lord will strike thou with wasting disease, with fever and inflammation, with scorching heat and drought, with blight and mildew, which will plague thou, until thou perishes miserably. Thou will then suffer eternity in Hell*

* Hell - believed to either a place where you undergo a forced conversion to become an Essendon supporter, any St Kilda supporters life, or a place where you forced to watch Ross Lyon coached teams........for eternity.

He was a hawks fan before we got him.
Growing up a hawks nuffie was always going to help him

Duke started on the bench, and don't think he came on until about 10 mins in

Thanks for clarifying. Made me look at the TOG %s.
72b09402560d601a7fd77648ff36698e.jpg

Interesting that Bramble had the Lowest TOG % for all players had subs. I had assumed that given his running capacity he would be relatively higher.

Surprised also with Jai and Mitchell being so low given the impact they had on the game.

At the other end of the spectrum I’m surprised to see Sicily had 97%. That’s incredible given he’s not a stay at home full back, but someone who does a lot of running from side to side to be the exit man, as well as to contests. I’ve never thought about his fitness, but it must be bloody good!

Flicking through other stats I also noticed we had the top 5 distances covered at top speed: Butler (3.1), Amon, Moore, Lewis and McDonald (2.4). Impressive efforts from some u likely lads in there.

Who’s spot is CJ taking?
Weddle? Nope
Seamus? Nope
Hardwick? Nope
Sicily? Nope
Blanck! Nope
Impey? Nope
Scrimshaw? possibly
Frost to return too
Yeah, I think you've just forgotten how good he is. He certainly takes Bramble or Scrimshaw's spot, and probably Weddle's or Seamus' too if we're talking injury-free and back to 2021 form.

The only thing that matters for Sicily is he is one of the best defenders in the afl, and if they choose to rub him out for being that it’s blight on the afl.

And they realise it so their ****ed no matter which way they spin it

Damn that was fun. I rewatched the 2nd half to be sure of what I saw … and both times it was awesome.

We won by 25 but we were the better team for ALL but 15mins of the game.

There were so many great contributors. For mine not one shone over the others, and this makes a team performance.

Consider this: Dunkley had 28 disposals (a good number), at 70% efficiency, that his very good, with 11 tackles and 43 pressure acts (which is huge!) yet his team lost

I don't know who you are referring to but if it is someone in the media DO NOT give them the satisfaction of being known by that name.
I don't think I could come up with a worse insult tbf. In fact I also don't know to whom they are referring, but I certainly know they must be pretty low in the human spectrum.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sadly Jack Gunston looks a shadow of his former Hawthorn self... to date. At least the weather is warm up there. Nice to see him swapping jumpers with Breust.

Think Sam Mitchell was great at creating space for Gunston and Lewis. Lewis takes some pack marks but he gets a lot of one on ones and also simple leads too due to our work up the ground. Gunston loves that as he is an awkward match up with his height and agility. With all Brisbane’s forwards it seems a bit more crowded and lacking as much freedom and space. He is a better player than he is showing.

Sadly Jack Gunston looks a shadow of his former Hawthorn self... to date. At least the weather is warm up there. Nice to see him swapping jumpers with Breust.
Truth be told he's been a shadow of his former self since his back injury. His last years at Hawthorn weren't great but in saying that I would of loved if he played on in 2023 bringing sorely needed experience and leadership to our forward line, especially earlier in the season.

He might have a few good games here and there as the season goes on but his best is past him and I can't help but be happy that best was all with Hawthorn.

What a team performance by the lads on Saturday, I left the G absolutely chuffed. Thought we played well 1st half also but when we trailed undeservedly by 3 goals at the half it may sting us.

I will add if Sicily gets weeks for that the game is ****ed beyond belief, I'd love to hear what sort of action he was meant to do. Clear football act and quality tackle.

Gunners so cooked. It's really sad to see. Was a footballing genius one of the purest footballers I've seen. It's hard to watch him try and do things but have no influence.

It's been a good result for our development with him moving on. Really we only have Chad and Breust who are at the end and causing us selection heartburn. I've got Frost in that category but as we know Mitchell loves him.

I don't think I could come up with a worse insult tbf. In fact I also don't know to whom they are referring, but I certainly know they must be pretty low in the human spectrum.
Take it you mustn't be a fan of Jay Z or Beyonce.

Gunners has certainly been better but Sicily blanketed him so completely they had to move him to defense.

I don't know who you are referring to but if it is someone in the media DO NOT give them the satisfaction of being known by that name.

I know I've told this story on here a few times now, but here's a shorter version.

I used to play cricket against "Stevo" several years ago. He was, without a shadow of a doubt, the biggest knobber I had ever played against. Truly. He was the kind of captain that would chat real disgusting shyte all game from 2nd slip, but bat at 8 and only bowl late in games when the tail were in.

Anyhow, whenever he would come on to bowl we'd always yell out, "bowlers name?" Man he used to really really hate that. It was funny every time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back