Preview Round 24, 2023 : Hawthorn v Fremantle, MCG 1:45pm August 26th

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just about to post on this.
The 3 mobile targets and 1 ruck has had success vs good teams we know this!
I am a bit surprised DGB has been left out with one match to go. I thought he has showed steady improvement and crashing the odd pack, although Lever did have a picnic last game.

I still think Kosi best role is up the ground or as the 2nd Ruck. He is not suited as a deep forward role, use his aerobic power and quick hands up the ground. This will be a watch this space if we go in as selected with the 2 forwards and 1 ruck.
Freo have Amiss and Treacy. 2 young key forwards. We can get away with Blanck and Sis I rekon on Saturday with Weddle for support we will more than likely send Serong forward or Day or Scrim. There's flexibility to cause some problems now that I think about it.

Serong’s transition from forward to defender in just over 2 months has been impressive. What he’s shown in the VFL is his ability to turn defence into attack.

I think he will complement the back six with his style of play. A half backline of Sicily, Serong & Scrimshaw will be fun to watch.

DGB is listed as injured. I think Ryan will play as the deep forward and as you said Kozi plays up the ground. Really looking forward to seeing how Hustwaite backs up after last week's impressive performance. At 195 cm maybe he can go forward with some stints in the midfield. Same with Serong who potentially is a long-term KB. Day can go forward. Mitch may throw the magnets up in the air and see where they land.
Husty kicks six, had a practice run already, easy! Gunna win this one ☝️

Freo have Amiss and Treacy. 2 young key forwards. We can get away with Blanck and Sis I rekon on Saturday with Weddle for support we will more than likely send Serong forward or Day or Scrim. There's flexibility to cause some problems now that I think about it.

I think you are right just having a look at the line up with Serong in. Scrimshaw will play fwd i would suggest

DGB is listed as injured. I think Ryan will play as the deep forward and as you said Kozi plays up the ground. Really looking forward to seeing how Hustwaite backs up after last week's impressive performance. At 195 cm maybe he can go forward with some stints in the midfield. Same with Serong who potentially is a long-term KB. Day can go forward. Mitch may throw the magnets up in the air and see where they land.
Cheers, Hustwaite was super impressive our midfield is quickly going from the smallest in the land in 22 to the biggest at the end of 23 and i love it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For the first time.. ever? I'm disappointed to see DGB go out of the side. Things started to click for him last week!
Yep. Same he's a favourite for me already.

Will be interested to see if Serong goes fwd and suspect Scrimmers will again too.

Worpel 186
Newcombe 188
Maginness 190
Day 192
Hustwaite 195
Nash 198

Land of the giants in our midfield this week.
Were not small at all. Sure we may have 2 KPFs but there's ample size around them. Freo are not super tall with Darcy not playing. 2 key backs 2 key forwards with Ryan as their main interceptor. Rekon our midfield will cause big problems for them if Brayshaw is kept quiet. Serong will have to do alot of heavy lifting. Dimma to lock down on Schultz.

Looking at their side they've actually gone in with surprisingly few mids.
With Finn tagging Brayshaw and Nash limiting Serong's options with his height I think we can really exploit them. Worps/Newcombe/Day should cook their second stringers, and while Jackson is a danger around the ground Reeves has been very good in the centre square the last few weeks.

Were not small at all. Sure we may have 2 KPFs but there's ample size around them. Freo are not super tall with Darcy not playing. 2 key backs 2 key forwards with Ryan as their main interceptor. Rekon our midfield will cause big problems for them if Brayshaw is kept quiet. Serong will have to do alot of heavy lifting. Dimma to lock down on Schultz.

I think on average our midfield 6 is about the same size as our forward line 6 and taller than our back line six. Might even still hold true without reeves!

Looking at their side they've actually gone in with surprisingly few mids.
With Finn tagging Brayshaw and Nash limiting Serong's options with his height I think we can really exploit them. Worps/Newcombe/Day should cook their second stringers, and while Jackson is a danger around the ground Reeves has been very good in the centre square the last few weeks.
Re Finn tagging Brayshaw, let him chase the ball while his confidence is up might surprise a few and show what he is capable of himself.

For the first time.. ever? I'm disappointed to see DGB go out of the side. Things started to click for him last week!
he played well v dogs too ...presented 6 marks and a goal

CHF is his position he's played about 5 games there at box hill and hawthorn and they have been his best 5 games in reserves or seniors in his 3 years on the list

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back