Preview Round 21, 2023 : Hawthorn v Collingwood, 4:35pm Saturday August 5th MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
At this stage of the season when you are a long way of finals, I go to games to see who out of our young talent can show something for the future. I love Scrim so that is ok, Reeves, let’s see if he can fire up on the big stage, I still believe it will click with him, but the other two ins are super bland and uninspiring. Team looks unbalanced and completely insured to combat the Pies strengths. Could get ugly with them on the rebound

Morrison would be a top 10 player at North and eagles. That’s how bad they are travelling.

North should be aiming for these types of players.

Nah, he wouldn't be near the top ten players at North.

I don't think they would need to target players like him either, he would simply be a place holder (in either side), if he got a game.

I hope they do for our sake, but they don't need players that will come in and be a fringe first teamer. That's the last thing they need.

Nah, he wouldn't be near the top ten players at North.

I don't think they would need to target players like him either, he would simply be a place holder (in either side), if he got a game.

I hope they do for our sake, but they don't need players that will come in and be a fringe first teamer. That's the last thing they need.
Morrison is a better player than Scott who would be in their top 10 players right now.

I’m not the biggest Morrison fan but he’s always been at least a solid if unspectacular player.

Morrison is a better player than Scott who would be in their top 10 players right now.

I’m not the biggest Morrison fan but he’s always been at least a solid if unspectacular player.
Morrison is this teams version of shiels from 2013-15, difference is the top end quality isn't there to hide him

Morrison is effectively only in because Amon wasn't right to play again and Bramble, who had first dibs to replace Amon last week, had a shocker.

Just goes to show how important Amon has become to our structure. We are thin on the ground for his Wing/HBF role.

Morrison is effectively only in because Amon wasn't right to play again and Bramble, who had first dibs to replace Amon last week, had a shocker.

Just goes to show how important Amon has become to our structure. We are thin on the ground for his Wing/HBF role.
Speed and skill.
Rare in our current squad.(youngsters aside)

Who then? Damian Mascitti and Clay Tucker?

Who is going to play back up ruck and on the wing?

You have to pick players for a position can’t just pick 15 inside mids every game.

If you're worried about a backup ruck then Meek could have kept his spot, especially given Ryan is already playing as KPF2. Kosi as a relief ruckman is laughable.

And anyone would take Mackenzie or Butler over Morrison any day. We have a few players that could play on the wing in Morrison's place, like Ward, Day and Weddle.

Baffling selections.

McGuiness will calm Daicos but Noble, Quaynor and Maynard are going to be walking the ball out of defence unmolested all day and our defence is going to struggle as usual with Sicily as essentially second tall. The only thing that will keep it less than 10 goals is I think we can match them in the middle.

On SM-A125F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you're worried about a backup ruck then Meek could have kept his spot, especially given Ryan is already playing as KPF2. Kosi as a relief ruckman is laughable.

And anyone would take Mackenzie or Butler over Morrison any day. We have a few players that could play on the wing in Morrison's place, like Ward and Weddle.

Baffling selections.
Meek is basically useless around the ground and hasn’t been great in the ruck. Kosi at least greats a contest up forward.

Ward already plays on a wing. Who takes Weddle’s position of third tall back that can also provide run?

You’re shifting magnets around everywhere.

McGuiness will calm Daicos but Noble, Quaynor and Maynard are going to be walking the ball out of defence unmolested all day and our defence is going to struggle as usual with Sicily as essentially second tall. The only thing that will keep it less than 10 goals is I think we can match them in the middle.

On SM-A125F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Not if our 3 talls can take grabs all day.

Pretty happy with selections
Reeves > Meek
Morrison > Bramble
Scrimshaw > Frost
Kosi > Brockman

MacKenzie most likely to be sub, which I believe is his best position at this point in time.

Meek is basically useless around the ground and hasn’t been great in the ruck. Kosi at least greats a contest up forward.

Ward already plays on a wing. Who takes Weddle’s position of third tall back that can also provide run?

You’re shifting magnets around everywhere.

Reeves is even more useless around the ground. Less marks, less touches, less tackles, less everything.

Bramble spent most of the game in the backline playing instead of Scrimshaw. Now Scrimshaw is back and Mitchell will likely not be subbed out early again.

Shifting magnets around everywhere? How is Ward and Day, and to a lesser extent Weddle, spending more time on the wing "shifting magnets around" any more than already happens throughout a game?

Last edited:
Pretty happy with selections
Reeves > Meek
Morrison > Bramble
Scrimshaw > Frost
Kosi > Brockman

MacKenzie most likely to be sub, which I believe is his best position at this point in time.
I do wonder if they might have Bmac as sub, as a counter to the Pies late surge in games.

And anyone would take Mackenzie or Butler over Morrison any day. We have a few players that could play on the wing in Morrison's place, like Ward, Day and Weddle.

Baffling selections.
They're really not baffling selections at all.

They're really not baffling selections at all.

It seems most would disagree. Neither Kosi or Morrison have a future in the side. We have not played three KPF all season. Kosi is not a relief ruckman.

Why play Morrison over a youngster like Mackenzie, Butler or Stephens? Maybe Ryan will play relief ruck, which would be harsh for a second gamers. But if that's the case then why not bring DGB back instead of Kosi. It's baffling.

Edit: no issue with Reeves or Scrimshaw.

It seems most would disagree. Neither Kosi or Morrison have a future in the side. We have not played three KPF all season. Kosi is not a relief ruckman.

Why play Morrison over a youngster like Mackenzie, Butler or Stephens? Maybe Ryan will play relief ruck, which would be harsh for a second gamers. But if that's the case then why not bring DGB back instead of Kosi. It's baffling.

Edit: no issue with Reeves or Scrimshaw.
No, it's not baffling, you just struggle to understand or rationalise changes if you don't like them.

Every single change that has been made has it's reasoning, and I'm sure other posters have attempted to make sense of them for you, but you won't have it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back