Preview Round 2, 2024: Hawthorn v Melbourne, MCG 4.35pm 23rd March

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Assuming no injuries, I'd actually go in unchanged, but not start Finn as sub. For sheer flexibility, I'd probably start Gunners as the sub.

Rationale: either we are winning when he comes on, in which case we get a fresh pair of legs in the forward line. Or we are losing, in which case he's experienced in all lines on the ground and can help stem the bleeding and hopefully turn things around.

Would have Finn tagging Petracca, Oliver is out of sorts at the moment.
30 touches and being named in their best (albeit in a losing side) would suggest Oliver is actually going pretty well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Assuming no injuries, I'd actually go in unchanged, but not start Finn as sub. For sheer flexibility, I'd probably start Gunners as the sub.

Rationale: either we are winning when he comes on, in which case we get a fresh pair of legs in the forward line. Or we are losing, in which case he's experienced in all lines on the ground and can help stem the bleeding and hopefully turn things around.

If Chol's fitness isn't up to scratch Gunners can come on for him and become our 2nd tall target.

Makes little sense. Mackenzie needs games too.
Think Hustwaite is our 4th best centre square mid at this stage and a better bet than Mackenzie or Ward in there. With a strong Melbourne middle I think we need him in. For team balance that means one of Mackenzie or Ward have to go out and at this stage I think Ward is a bit better on the outside

I actually think the Dees are only just going at the moment, we could be a punchers chance of pulling this one off.

In - Hustwaite
Out - Mackenzie/Ward

Finn to start and tag Oliver.
Just no. 17 disposals at 80%, a goal, 8 score involvements(third highest) and 2 centre clearances(second highest) rotating through the wing.

I know I’m half asleep and it’s 2am (therefore probably in a semi-dream state), but I have a sneaky suspicion we’ll pull off an upset here. See you all at the G. 😎

Not sure Finn is suited to tag Petracca.

Petracca could take Finn deep into the forward line and no way is Finn matching Trac in the air.

Oliver seems more suited as a target.
Finn is taller than Petracca not sure why he couldn’t match him in the air. Played well last week against Weightman. I watched the Melb v Syd game last week as missus is a Dees supporter. Oliver looked to be a liability for them, not sure he is currently worth a tag.

Asides from the obvious that we need to get better at kicking goals, I also feel that the subs were not the best also. Living in the USA and having to watch it at 11 p.m. my time I was quite tired but can still say that haha. Thought Chol was excellent just needs to get into the game a bit more if that makes sense and we lost concentration way too much for liking giving them easy marks.

Lots of games left obviously, just need to regroup and go again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back